Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Predaking will make it. The rest are not nearly as popular, though.

2. BigTransFan

BigTransFan Well-Known Member

holding out a -faint- hope skylynx can be remolded and retooled in Hun-grr, make his head hun's tail and remold the 'hind' feet in heads. Something similar to the legion one that came out a while back.

Since all his combiner conponents stash in the kibble on the back of the alt and that conspiuous head sized hole in Skylnx's chest, I think it's plausible

but then again desperate fanboy is desperate

3. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Since Offroad has been remolded into First Aid and Ironhide (and later Trailbreaker), what are the chances of a potential Combiner Wars Ratchet figure?

4. GamerZack87

GamerZack87 Late to the G1 Party!

Yes! Combiner Wars Bruticus is confirmed! I can now make a list of the toys I'd definitely like to collect:

●Unite Warriors Superion Gift Set
    ●Combiner Wars Legends Powerglide
    ●Unite Warriors Menasor Gift Set
    ●Combiner Wars Legends Blackjack
    ●Combiner Wars Voyager Hot Spot
    ●Combiner Wars Deluxe Wave 3
    ●Combiner Wars Legends Groove
    ●Combiner Wars Voyager Onslaught
    ●Combiner Wars Deluxe Wave 5
    ●Combiner Wars Legends Shockwave

Those are all ones I'm certain I'd like for my collection. Scramble City For the Win!

5. CowardlyZebra

CowardlyZebra Regeneration One Apologist

GUYS!!! what if an MP skylynx comes out and as a secret torso mode then if you hover wheeljack near him he magnitises and turns to an arm then to other limbs come out and do the same then MP Sky Reign starts the MP Combiner Wars then the world explodes because of all the awesomeness but Sky Reign still lives because he out-awesomed the othee combiners!!!

6. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Sky lynx personaaly won't combine.

I have only found wave one of CW sadly. I could get some pics of powerglide later

7. CowardlyZebra

Sky Reign shall find you...

8. roguesaint

roguesaint Reconnaissance Expert

News Credits:
    "Any wrong you do he's gonna see..."

"'Cause when you're combin', look behind you..."

"Cause that's...where sky reign's....gonna be."

9. CowardlyZebra

"And he has come to take your life."

10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Looking forward to all the upcoming figures, just put Optimus Maximus on preorder to repurpose as nova prime, plus all the auto of redeco/remolds look great to me and I may even get sky Lynx even though I have no attachment to the character simply because he is one that people thought would never get remade. Especially looking forward to the combaticons

11. GamerZack87

GamerZack87 Late to the G1 Party!

Just looked up Sky Lynx online, and he looks like an awesome character. The toy is pretty sweet, it kinda reminds me of the Fuzors. Now I want to watch the third season of The Transformers to see this guy in action!

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I thought that was just a reference to Onslaught's running change of chestplate colors, not a real 2nd release.

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Seriously guys,today I got 2 of each of CW Slingshot and Wildrider in the mail from walmart.com,and I gotta say that Slingshot has beat out Air Raid as favorite CW figure,everything about him just seems better,brighter color apps,tighter joints,and just overall quality,this piece unlike other CW figs doesn't feel like its made with cheaper plastic,it feels like a higher grade type.So pick this up to whoever doesn't have him you won't be disappointed I promise.

14. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if the panel at Botcon was asked about a Hasbro release Deluxe Groove?

15. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

I like the fact that they're doing Sky Lynx, but he is so out of scale with the rest of the bots, that it bothers me. Yes, I know scale has been very loose in TFs, but its already established that Sky Lynx is huge in bot, and shuttle mode, and flies everyone around. I suppose that it is no different than making Astrotrain a CW body, and giving him seeker limbs. It just seems wrong somehow, even though I think it is great that there is going to be a new Sky Lynx.

Bruticus looks pretty good, not perfect, but pretty good. There have been so many recolors of his G1 toy, that I suppose it was inevitable that Hasbro would make a recolor in the same line. Blastoff not being a shuttle bothers me though. I do think the recolors, as well as the recolor of Optimus is a missed opportunity to add more molds. That isn't the goal though. The goal is to maximize profit with the molds, or similar engineering they have.

After looking at the differences between Hasbro Devastator, and Takara's version, I can't see me buying Hasbro's, unless Takara's is a lot more expensive. Some have said that they would buy both, just to keep Hasbro's product moving, but to me, that is rewarding someone who deliberately engineers poorly, and will only encourage them to continue to cut corners.

16. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

I needed to get a gift for my nephew quick this past week. So, I ended up scouring town for Aerialbots. I managed to find all, but Alpha Bravo. So, I gave my nephew Silverbolt, Air Raid, Skydive, and Fireflight with the understanding that the remaining Aerialbot is in the mail. Sure enough, it is going to be Slingshot, since he is less from Walmart than Alpha Bravo is at some places. Got a Slingshot, and Wildrider for myself while I was at it.

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

You know, I'm just going to be on the level here, I don't care if it was 2 full releases, 2 part releases, 1 full release or whatever.. We haven't had a Computron update in 28 years. There was a Bruticus released in 4 color schemes IN THE LAST LINE. It's getting ridiculous.

And to be fair.. there hasn't been a legit reworking of Abominus, Piranacon, or the orange decepticon animals in that span of time either.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  18. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon stuff dreams are made of

what are the differences between the devastators? apart from the elbows I cant really see a difference

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara one has a retractable visor for combined mode head
    Takara Bonecrusher and Scavenger have different thighs/knees
    More cartoon accurate paint and colors, including purple hands and Mixmaster foot actually looking like a Mixmaster foot instead of a weird green stub
    G1 accurate guns for each member

20. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Transcript from the Devy condensed thread by AD.

Updated June 20, 2015: Differences spotted so far in Takara Unite Warriors version:

•Bonecrusher's treads are green exterior, purple interior
    •Devastator has purple hands, and black forearms have silver trim
    •Long Haul has forward swinging elbows now (not just side to side,) and his arms are black from the forearms down
    •Scrapper now has functional elbows. To account for potential stability issues in combined mode due to this, his fists fold out and there is additional support molded at the base of the wrists
    •Mixmaster has paint detailing making his rear end look more like a cab than in the Hasbro version (no significant mold changes to switch him from a front loader back to a rear loader, though)
    •All individual bots have paint app differences of one kind or another
    •All individual bots have their original weapons
    •Face sculpt may or may not be different, but definitely has a retractable visor for two different eye aesthetics
    •Painted silver rims for vehicle wheels