Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems they made Onslaught's alt mode backwards from Hot Spot. i.e. the back of Hot Spot got retooled to become the front of Onslaught's alt mode. Swindle is a retool of Rook, Brawl is new mold.

I want a new Blast Off toy from Takara or 3P though. Needs to be a shuttle. I do NOT like him being an Aerialbot redeco.

Also I am excited that we are FINALLY getting an updated Sky Lynx toy. Not even 3P did one yet. One marked off for my season 3 guys.

2. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I am so stoked about the reveals,especially Sky Lynx,and it was said he was true to his G1 self,I hope that means in all respects and he's just not a shrunk down version,or what would be EPIC AS HE** is if he was Titan Size about 2 feet long in vehicle mode,can you just imagine the size when he transformed,he be 4 or 5 feet long,I would own that thing at any cost.

3. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Personally, I have no problems with the way Bruticus came out, but I can see why others might.

4. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Brawl's gun is awesome looking! it looks like it becomes the turret in tank mode as well

Swindle has a new gun too, and has proper hands despite being a Rook remold. The other two have the same guns as their moldmates, but Vortex's is cast in tan.

5. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I couldn't quite tell, but does the SkyGuard combiner have a lion head?

6. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

it's a lynx head as sky lynx is the torso bot

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

-I'm sure the Technobots, Terrorcons, Predacons, Seacons are planned for next year, Bruticus was probably the closest one to being ready of the "established Combiners". Remember, there's still SDCC and next years Toy Fair
    -Surprised Titan Wars wasn't explained here, maybe SDCC
    -Do I wish that Blast Off was a Shuttle, yes, but at least he's still part of the team.
    -I wonder if 3rd Parties are already working on additional Combaticon guns (they always seemed to me the types who would have more weapons than other Decepticons)
    -Come on Kickback, Voyager Rodimus reveals for SDCC….
    -Swindle looks good for a retool. Hell, the Combaticons seem to be the best Scramble Type Team revealed (who are actually a team)
    -Sky Lynx was a shocker, was not expecting Captain Modesty here (now, does this mean we're getting a Predaking for him to smack around?)

8. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    If Skywarp and Rodimus are getting Legends Class figures, does that mean they won't get bigger toys next year (like using the Thundercracker-Starscream mold)?

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They just announced Leader Skywarp though

10. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I must have blurred the two together. I was only sifting throught the twitter pics.

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    What's frustrating about blastoff is that he could have easily been a remold of Alpha Bravo. But instead they did that!

Brawl looks Brilliant though.

I actually even like Mirage.

Skylink looks great as well. Does he separate? I hope he does.

12. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    I am glad I made my own blast off the rest are better than I thought they would be :) 

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Are we sure that brawl is a new mold. I am looking at it, and it looks like a heavy retool of Rook.

14. isdblues

isdblues Well-Known Member

Sunstreaker - Woohoo!
    Hound, Smokescreen, all of the Combaticons - Yay!
    Cannot wait for them.

Totally off topic - Alucard, you wouldn't happen to be the Alucard who created a certain flash game relating to a series of comic book characters would you?

15. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I'm glad that some folks get another shot at figures like Sunstreaker, Wheeljack and Hound but I don't find any of the redone Autobots to be better than the old CHUG versions. Money saved, I guess.

Edit: Except Ironhide, but the previous version was garbage. I've got iGear Ironhide filling that gap though.

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Nope, sorry bud.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I do like the Star Convoy homage for Core Optimus. Since I'm not interested in the original CW Prime figure I'm thinking of getting this version instead and repurpose him into a different character like Nova Prime or someone new entirely.

18. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm super excited for the Combaticons! Can't wait to get them next year! Onslaught looks fantastic, and has some clever retooling, especially the reversing of the torso. Swindle is an incredibly extensive retool of Rook. Like, greater than Sandstorm from Springer levels of retooling. It's practically a new figure all together. I like the look of Brawl, especially that he seems to have his G1 toon colours. The Slingshot mold looks good in Blastoff's colours, as does the AB mold in Vortex's colours. Although I'm not fond of those bright yellow missiles on his arms

I'm liking the look of the masquerade 'Bots more than I expected. Mirage actually looks great from the Dragstrip mold. And I'm loving the head sculpt on Prowl. Just preordered those two and Ironhide on BBTS

Sky Lynx looks great, but I don't think I'll be picking up. No really reason other than a lack of interest in the character. His torso mode is really unique looking too. The new Autobot repaints looks pretty good. For Trailbreaker and Wheeljack, I'm happy enough with my Generations figures, although I do like that TB has his G1 gun hand and the MTMTE shin guns molded in. I'll likely get Hound and Smokescreen though. They both look pretty good, and I missed out on their Universe figures, so these make for nice replacements

19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I so want a voyager Rodimus. Maybe a remold of Hot Spot, as a nod to the fire truck design they never used.

Anyhow, so does Cyclonus not have any official combiners for him?

20. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    god....i need them all....bruticus, sky reign, mayhem maximus,....all of them!
    i loooovveee the head for sky lynx's combined mode. looks sick!