Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

IMG20240422193905.jpg

IMG20240422194550.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Snowy Road CW Optimus (b).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Strykor77

Strykor77 Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Twitter:
    Oof. That's okay, the combine mode hand doesn't grip the walls of it's port very well on mine. As for yours... get a woodburning tool with a thin tip and melt it out a little? Depends on how steady your hand is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

Groovin’
    IMG_7379.jpeg
    IMG_7369.jpeg
    IMG_7389.jpeg
    IMG_7366.jpeg
    IMG_7384.jpeg
    IMG_7355.jpeg
    IMG_7397.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  5. Funemployed

Funemployed Dinobot tutor

I see! I'll have to check mine, I have groove and rook on defensor and the 4 jets on superion so these guys kinda just sit in a drawer with other non g1 combiner limbs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    Above the Clouds3 CW Powerglide (V).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yondaime Kazekage

Yondaime Kazekage Member

I'm so thankful for Legacy Menasor, thanks to it, several CW Stunticons reached secondary market, I personally prefer CW. The Deluxes are tetrachangers with triple changer weapons, and compatible with all other combiners, and personally I value how the essence of the G1 combination gimmick was translated, over screen accuracy or articulation.

That being said, Motormaster is the worst CW Voyager ever. I wish a third party company made a CW Motormaster (I know there's upgrade kits, but I don´t like that kind of partsforming)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  8. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

I prefer the cw motormater robot mode and alt mode to the legacy one but I like the combined mode of the legacy one more

9. Funemployed

Funemployed Dinobot tutor

I was torn decided to keep both. I like the alt modes being more modern in cw and you had a choice as to the fifth member if you didn't want a mold copy. With the PE kit that is cheap and available hes much better and with upgrades I couldn't chose between legacy (box set, I ended up trading out the regular set it needs paint)and CW - they're both rad. Having 2 means I can show one in combined and the other in alt/ robot.
    20230616_014650.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Gestalt Prime

Gestalt Prime TF Fan

One company did:

BCS-01 Lonewolf - Third Party Motormaster With Combiner Wars Compatibility!

it’s not easy to hunt down and it’s pricey.

The UW motormaster is bit better if you like the darker grey tones and I believe his ratchets are fix in that version as well

11. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    somewhere between tomorrow and yesterday.
    93AAB907-D600-4C46-9A64-25F168B509CE.jpeg 917BC768-FAE5-46BE-9490-081200FD441A.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  12. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up the Liokaiser set for a pretty good price! The limb bots look pretty good together. Killbison and Guyhawk are my favorite of the bunch. I wish the torso bots were included instead of the weird Deathsaurus torso bot, but I think it's way too late for a 3P company to make the pair. Oh well. Anyway I'm pleasantly surprised how stable the combiner mode is. My only concern is that my leg bots don't tab in securely, especially around the foot peg, but I don't think that'll cause the combiner to just crumble onto itself. I decided to ditch the stock hands and feet and roll with my spare King Poseidon hands and a white KO Perfect Effect set for the feet.

Proportionally, Liokaiser is weird. It has really broad shoulders, practically no neck, no lats/obliques, skinny forearms, a short abdomen and upper legs that make his arms look lanky, and long and wide lower legs. I'm surprised a 3P company hasn't even made him a kit to enhance its proportions and give it a more G1 accurate look a la Transform Dreamwave with Abominus and King Poseidon. Overall I like this set. It's fun to mess around with because I don't think it's just going to fall over. The proportions are funky, but I'll dust off my 3D CAD skills and take a crack at it.

IMG_7544.JPG
    IMG_7551.JPG
    IMG_7552.JPG
    IMG_7553.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  14. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

I wasn't gonna get this guy, but getting a grand for a hundred is just too dang good a bargain.

20240425_155920.jpg
    20240425_155557.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  15. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    Outer Space 19 UW Strafe (v).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Revan1307

Unite warriors optimus prime
    20240427_201342_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    Above the Clouds5 UW Silverbolt (v).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kamen Rider Decade

Kamen Rider Decade A Passing-Through Kamen Rider...

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Whoooooo...lemme tell you about a set that can and often does drop faster than a well-paid hooker's panties: my CW Bruticus was perfectly fine before the upgrade kits...but then came this sick PerfectEffect KO set I *HAD* to get because while probably more intended for the Unite Warriors Bruticus, the feet were color matched to Swindle & Brawl and looked close enough to the CW colors that I figured "hey, why not?". Okay, that was a bit of a questionable choice, as the ankle ball joint seems dummy stiff on its own (I despise having to move the peg outta the way for the split railgun mode), but as actual FEET, they're looser than some of the worst official offerings to suffer loose joints. So it's a little bit iffy, no big deal right? Well...

...then came the Transform Dream Wave kit. The hands are tiny and fragile (there's a crack in one of the hinges just from handling it, which is strange as that hand's joints moved more smoothly), and the feet don't do too well at supporting weight, but they're fine otherwise. However - and this is why I refuse to get the Defensor version - the parts to install onto Onslaught (and thus Hotspot) are a pain in the balls. And torso mode is supposed to be rock solid...except it's not, as the crotch plate peg that goes into Bruticus's right thigh doesn't fit securely at all (left side's a-o-k) and could undo itself anytime. And all that extra stuff on the torso (not including the arms) makes him too top-heavy, so the ratchet joints in Brawl's & Swindle's Combiner pegs can't support the weight and will almost always flop over forward or backward with no provocation if Bruticus ain't balanced juuuuuust right. And it doesn't matter if it's the TDW feet or the PE KO feet, he's floppin'. Period. Thank Primus, Unicron, and Gaea they didn't do repaints of that accursed kit for Thunder Mayhem, Victorion, or Megatronia...those folks don't deserve such cruel and unusual punishment.
    1000150529.jpg
    (Also thankful that I ain't got a proper large gun for Bruticus, cuz look at that thigh Swindle's attached to...lookin' all sus cuz it ain't locked in and wants to twist with the ankle ball joint so it can make like a Magikarp...)o_O o_O :mad: :mad: 

• Like Like x 3
  19. evenstaves

evenstaves you maverick renegade

I was surprised when I picked up CW Cyclonus on the cheap, just how much I liked the sculpt/deco of that Galvatronus combiner head
    Made want to pick up a couple Offroads, couple jet BlastOffs, and make a nice symmetrical EBIL guy

GrandGalvs is wicked too, I'm a bit anxious every time to handle UW Ghostscream, but all other limbs are great, Roller especially wins for me

• Like Like x 2
  20. Revan1307

damn that's a good deal for him he's one of my favorite combiners Takara made.