Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

It's the most stable pose possible that takes up the least space.

2. pyrotechnic

pyrotechnic Junkion

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Are there any remoulds of CW Mirage, Brawl, and Firefly? Not including repaints, different head or weapon only.

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only one I can think of would be botcon ramhorn as he has a new head and weapon

4. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Brawl got remolded into Botcon Ramhorn. He's slightly remolded in the upcoming Hasbro Computron, and he'll assumedly be remolded in the Liokaiser box set, but we don't know much about that yet.

Mirage himself was a remold of Drag Strip, other than that, I think that's it.

Firefly was given a new head for Quickslinger, and the Quickslinger headed mold was repainted into Hasbro's Blast Off.

5. stprime

stprime THE Prime that the Matrix refused.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. stprime

stprime THE Prime that the Matrix refused.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. MoonStreakr

MoonStreakr Heroic Decepticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. Lanquinn

Lanquinn Well-Known Member

And I'm glad they do. When I look at pics it's generally to get ideas for minor customization or to gauge my own interest in the toy. I want to see them in a basic stance, regardless of what they are capable of.

9. Gauntletblade

Gauntletblade Wrecker

:lol  I was not ready for that. Thank you, I needed that!

10. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Do you recommend purchasing a second Unite Warriors Bruticus? The thing is, I bought one from Anime Export and I paid a heavy load for fast shipping. However, I was told post service might go on strike. So I literally paid a lot to sit in a warehouse for weeks. So at some point, I I thought about getting a second Bruticus just to keep in box and play with other one. And I know of a store that has them. And they charge the same as how I paid online for item and shipping. Think I should?

11. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    I say go for it. YOLO. Having one just to play with sounds like alot of fun. If I had the disposable income, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My UW Bruticus should be here Friday, along with what will presumably be Windsweeper.

UW Computron is already paid for. That will leave Liokaiser (one or the other depending on what TT does) and the TT version of Victorion, who I hope is drastically different from the Hasbro one. From there, it'll just be waiting for the TFSS figures to trickle in to make Thunder Mayhem and Wreckage. I don't need Lynx Master as I have all of the Hasbro versions of them, including Botcon Ratchet. Unless something else sneaks in, I'll have all of the combiner individual characters, which was my goal with this line.

Hopefully part three will introduce beast combiners...

13. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    We've seen it before, but here are a few pics I snapped in-store a bit ago of the Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron coin:

Attached Files:

14. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm with you there. Personal pet peeve of mine anytime I see a nice collection/display of figures and they're all standing straight at attention and not even a hint of personality to them.

I try to display mine at least where they don't look like they're front and center to their drill sergeant or packed like sardines :lol 

15. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    The only reason some stand like tin soldiers is because I'm trying to save space but there are plenty I have in unique poses like CW Blast Off.

16. TJBacon

TJBacon Well-Known Member

Mine are posed at attention at the moment because I'm rapidly running out of space...

But once I get my display cabinet I'll be posing them, give 'em some personality.

17. grindcore138

grindcore138 I'm tryin' to get a Sprite sponsorship

News Credits:
    Welp, I guess I've got the set of 5 CW Sky Reign 'bots on the way. I only actually want Sky Lynx and Hound, but £65 for the set is a total steal, and if I sell the ones I don't want at retail price, I basically get Sky Lynx and Hound for around £17, which given I probably wouldn't have been able to get either individually without paying through the nose is really rather fantastic.
    Also I finally got Prowl yesterday and I am super impressed. Considering he's "just" a redeco with a new head he totally owns the mould, way more than Streetwise even. Love the headsculpt as well, makes the one on '08 Universe Prowl look like total ass.

I've gotta be honest, I've thought this on a few occasions as well. I totally get it for reasons of space, and it's not like I'm say here thinking "you're doing it wrong!" either, but for me personally I can't leave my TF's just stood to attention. It doesn't have to be anything dramatic, just a slight bend in the elbows and knees and turn the head slightly, just something that brings out the character of that toy.

18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    This literally sucks. I paid $60 for shipping for Bruticus and postal service is going on strike.

19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Same here with MP Shockwave. Paid for EMS shipping and he got delayed for a month in the CBSA backlog. It happens. It sucks, but it happens. And hey, maybe they won't strike or get locked out... You never know.

I just sold a UW Roller and will have to look at alternate means to ship since I don't want my buyer to have to wait until the strike is over to get his item.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

I tend to try doing that myself, space is at a premium for most of my shelves (on average there's easily 30-40 crammed into a space about the width of your average shopping cart's bottom) so even the smallest alterations from stock stiff straight can make the footprint of one figure problematic - I.E. My ROTF Bludgeon (who due to having had the hand snap and super glue was not strong enough to restore the ability to hold the sword) has to have his giant sword shoved into the tank barrel both out of it being so soft in the rubber it's the only way to keep it straight, but also because the sword sticks out so far behind him in the hip slot it made it impossible to have him in a tightly packed display otherwise.

But I do manage some things. I have CW Buzzsaw sitting on FOC Soundwave's opposite shoulder while his left hand (thank God they molded it right) reaching for the Eject tab, while FOC Laserbeak is balanced on CW Megatron's right shoulder while his left is supposed to be making some kind of fist clenching pose (but it admittedly comes off more as fist pumping :lol )

I do also have on the reserved bottom shelf, where all the 'big boys' go, my original Armada Unicron holding the Gold Matrix (from the Battle in Space two-pack) in his opened left palm, while WalMart MP Skywarp is...pretty much doing the Sonic the Hedgehog finger wag :lol