Customs: combiner proportions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Skyripper, May 11, 2009.

1. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

so I've decided to make a ptitvite styled combiner and I decided on bruticus, now I've already got my mold choices set but I can't see the proportions being right epecialy in the arms. I can't find a primus so I was going to use unicron forearms, however when I layed it all out to get a rough idea he looked like a gorrila. I know that I have to have some of the molds above the shoulders but the amount to make it propotional is to much. do you think that I should just scrap the forearm add ons ond jut add the hands?
    any help would be great.

oh by the way the molds for I will be using are
    -astrotrain (classics)
    -blades (universe)
    -hound (universe)
    -g2 megatron (classics)
    -cybertron prime

2. DanHibiki

DanHibiki Dan Couga Mellencamp

Could use some pictures of how you plan to configure them, but my personal thought is that Unicron forearms are too short and wide for just about any custom.

3. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

I had the same problem when I was doing it. Here is what he Brute looked like with Unicron Arms:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anything, I thought it made him look a little "animated" and not "classics".
    Maybe you can stretch out the combiner to decrease the awkward look of the arms. Good Luck

4. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

those forearms seem to work alot more than in my concept. would you say that adding ondlaught into the middle increases the length of the body comared to unicrons? if so I might not have a problem. I know that blades is gonna be big looking but I already planed for that.

yours there seems to have the look I want, I'm trying to go for this look.

Thanks

(not my pic obviously.)

Attached Files:

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I was thinking myself of using Energon Bulkhead over Universe Blades for Vortex. I think he still sold at Voyager size, but if I remember right, that was mostly for that add-on pack he came with.

To each their own, though.

I actually like the look of it with the Unicron arms. His name's Bruticus, Starscream created him to tear crap up, he should look like a brute.

6. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

good luck on ur bruticus. in my opinion, I would suggest maybe using another mold for onslaught. the cyb prime is a great choice, and i'm not sure what you're plans are for bruticus mold. the way I used cyb prime for Menasor, and moe and F_R, and everyone else's as well, I think cyb prime would be too small of a chest. The classics onslaught works very well, as seen in Moe's pictures. It gives him a wide and bulky chest, and it will add an inch or 2 in height as well, compared to cyb. prime.

I'm starting to paint my brutics tonight, and I used Unicron forearms, so you need any advice or anything, feel free to PM me, I would be glad to try and help.

7. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

thanks man. I chose cyb prime more for onslaught than bruticus. when you get rid of the trailer add on bits he's a long truck like onslaught was. my plan was to make a set of cannons (they would have to parts form) to go on the back remove the prime window chest and try and flaten it out and then cut into the cab a bit to make it look like it had a longer nose and re cover exposed parts, finaly a headswap. the problem I see with uni onslaught is how to fold it into a body shape. I did'nt see the legs on it on moes. however after seeing moes bruticus and looking at F_Rs defensor I think I should be able to get these arms right.

thanks alot so far for all the help and ideas guys

8. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
  9. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Wasn't that Redline's?

10. big hank

News Credits:

No sir, this is REDLINE's : Menasor - Menasor - TFW2005.COM

One of the first Classics styled Menasors, if not the first!:thumbs2: 

11. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

I rigged Onslaught so that the legs became parts formers i.e. they would pop off in gestalt form and attach to the lower leg...felt it added a little more beef to the lower half.

12. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

just got my cybertron prime today aswell as classics g2 megs.

also I could do with a bit of info before I start. the cyp prime I got was the japanese version still in sealed box for £31. all there box is mint. what is it realy worth before I do something I might regret. I know the molds rare and that the japanese versions tend to be better and thus worth more.

however I could do with it quick because the temptation to crack this guy open is huge.

once i've found out that stuff and I'm happy to push forward I'll open it and post mock up pics and probs start a thread in heavy mods.

thanks guys

13. big hank

News Credits:

Do eeeet! DOo EEeeeetttt now!! Let that sucker breathe!:thumbs2: 

14. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

thats all I need to hear to do it. will post mock up soon then