Combiner packaging...box set or individual releases?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by G.I.EDDIE, Jul 16, 2014.

?

Combiner packaging...box set or individual releases?

1. Box set

130 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. Individual releases

96 vote(s)
    42.5%
  1. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Personally, that's the biggest reason why I prefer a box set...like you, it's the only box I have "displayed"...

The second reason is I just like the gratification of getting it all at once...it's so nice to have so many new toys to play with at once, and then having the ability to combine them into a masterpiece...

Third reason is cost savings on shipping...

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This has come up again recently. It looks like Maketoys is pretty devoted to gift sets. Should TFC, MMC or other companies follow suit?

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I kind of wish they would offer both options. I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't always want a full combiner but sometimes like an individual bot out of the team. I'm not going to buy a full $300+ set just to get a Strafe or whomever, and it's not likely that a fellow fan would sell a limb from their own set, so I appreciate being able to buy them individually.

4. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While i like box sets, they're really hard to shell out for all at one time. I would prefer them individual as its easier to pay for.

5. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I can go both ways, depending.

I got Green Giant as a complete box set, and I was SUPER happy to get it that way. That's because I was in for Devastator all the way.

BUT in general I prefer to buy toys one at a time, because maybe I don't want all of the Combaticons. Maybe I just want Swindle. And maybe I don't want all of the Insecticons, I just want Shrapnel. Actually, that's exactly what I want. And I want the option to buy only one or two if I choose.

If I do NOT have the option to buy only one of two, then I buy none of them. Which is too bad for me but oh well.

6. Imperious Prime

Imperious Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm a fan of the box set personally. It is nice to have the gratification of getting everyone all at once as well as being able to just spend a day with the figures and then pose the combined mode on the shelf. It's what I loved about getting MT Computron in my PoL, but hated that the same that I received three of the UT Abonimus and four of the WT Bruiticus figures. They are awesome on their own, but missing that final piece of the value for me until the rest of the team comes out.