combaticons reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brollicon, Jan 18, 2009.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

hello everyone is excited about the reissue of the combaticons. a few people have stated that hasbro or takara must have found the original molds well isn't the truth that the combaticons have always been rereleased as ruination. just a question to ask everyone's opinion

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Its entirely possible molds were retained, or even remade, for the G2 and RiD era. Whether these molds are the same ones from G1 is, in my opinion, doubtful, as they would likely have worn out or corroded over 30 years to such a point they would not be usable.

I think what the encore set is going to be made from is either the RiD molds, likely repaired, or new molds based off the RiD designs.

3. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

Will Onslaught have the launching feature?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I hope so.

6. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I don't get the encore series. They cost the same as a vintage set it seems. Might as well get a vintage Bruticus.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I would expect so as it's a Tak-Tom release.

My KO Battle Gaia has a working launcher, as does Autobot Menasor. Apart from the slight extra cost, I never really understood why they didn't have them outside Japan. It's not as if they fired dangerous missiles at your eyes :) 

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  8. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    What?? Are you kidding??

A complete Bruticus is being sold on Ebay for $90 and more. Chances are, you will wind up with a loose and floppy one. The reissue wil probably be around $70 and is brand new.

I sold my vintage Combaticons (along with Ratbat, Eject, etc.) this weekend. I prefer the new ones

9. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

No, he's not kidding. The Encore Bruticus is going to sell around $95. BBTS is taking pre-orders for $94.99 as we speak.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    And where exactly are all these wonderful $90 deals on MISB original Bruticuses?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  11. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I will buy the new Bruticus box set. A minty crispy new Bruticus will look nice in my display case. Plus the box will look good on the wall. I ended up spending about $120ish on my Menasor. Between the figures, the accesories, the stickers, and the shipping costs. I started to put together a Bruticus after I came across a GORGEOUS Onslaught at a flea market with some accesories, but gave up on it before Christmas. Now the encore line is coming out with a box set and I'm all over it.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Draven , they mean loose.

But I know what you mean..ppl are cheap..94 for a MISB GIFTSET..and still ppl complain about the price. go find a MISB vintage giftset or heck even carded and boxed ones and BOOOOM the price skyrocketcs to a couple of 100s easaly.

you are not paying 94 for a loose set, its for a MISB one...

13. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Well if you are going to keep him MISB I could see that but for instance Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx are not much more MIB G1 then the Encore are charging. I got Omega for $100 MIB about what he costs as an Encore maybe even cheaper, same with Sky Lynx. Just doesn't make much sense to me you'd think he'd be around 49.99 or so. I just think they rape people on these Encores.

14. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, a lot of the price also has to do with the currency exchange rate between the Yen v. the Dollar. If it costs x amount of money to import to the U.S., plus retailer mark-up, you get the prices you see on Encores.

It comes down to economics, I think.

Just look at the prices the Takara book-style reissues bring these days, and those just came out a few years ago. You could probably get a complete set of vintage C9-ish condition Insecticons for less than the Takara book-style ones.

Just my two pennies.