Combaticons / Constructicons, or Clone Army? Operation Bumblebee SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ngnikolaos, Mar 12, 2012.

1. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

I've been thinking on some of the comments, and made some thoughts. Feel free to share.

Okay, we all know that Bee is going to get his cog back, because, well, it's vital to the character. However, this doesn't have to be the end for MECH's -- and Starscream's - plans.

In order to make a Transformer, our MECH pals need three things (besides metal components):

1) Energon: Once provided with information via Starscream, MECH knows about the substance, and will probably find it (although I do not know why Starscream didn't just visit previous locations the Decepticons were mining ... I'm guessing either A) heavily guarded or B) depleted of Energon).

2) T-Cogs: Yes, Bee will get his back, but all that Screamer has to do is lure a patrol of flying Vehicons into a trap, MECH takes them down and voila! 4-7 T-Cogs for the taking.

3) Spark: This is the only thing I need help with. In G1, Screamer went to Cybetron to steal Sparks in order to activate the Combaticons. How were the Constructicons and Dinobots created? I don't remember the episodes ... did Wheeljack and Megatron had "spare sparks"? Or did they not use any? Anyway, in case it's the former case (Scramer going to Cybetron), then again, 4-7 sparks could be recovered (perhaps even see Shockwave in the process).

CLONES, COMBATICONS, OR CONSTRUCTIONS?

Clones: Considering the fact that Screamer needs 1 cog for each clone, it's safe to assume that, unless MECH creates cogs from scrap, an army is out of the question ... unless we're talking about Starscream clones who ... do not transform. Also, if they need one Spark for each one, how the hell are they going to find all those sparks?

Combaticons: With Bruticus gathering love in FoC, and Screamer being the creator of the Combaticons in G1, they're the safest bet. Also, it would be an amusing irony to have the Constructicons be made in order to counter the Combaticons, unlike in G1, where it was the other way around.

Constructicons: They're the first Combiners, and Devastator was the first large SOB of the TF cartoons. They're classic, and could be the ones that will be made.

2. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 didn't have sparks. In the G1 episode, Starscream stole personality components. However, every continuity after that has 'spark' as a heart and consciousness. It remains to be see whether or not personality components exist in this continuity.

However, my best guess would be a revival of the Combaticons, seeing as they are featured in FoC. Then again, theory crafting Prime is pretty futile, they always do the unexpected.

3. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever Mech creates, I hope it sticks around for a while.

4. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

I'm hoping for stunticons, but whatever it is I'm sure it'll be a unique addition to the show.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope it's Combaticons. I don't care if it contradicts with the video game or novel continuity, the continuity is a pile of mess anyway.

6. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Combaticons, per favore

7. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Personally, I'd like to see the Combaticons. :3

8. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    WHAT THE SHIT, DUDE, UNMARKED SPOILERS! I had no idea this was for Operation Bumblebee, for Christ's sake! You didn't even ATTEMPT to hide spoilers.

9. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

For me it was clear that they are gonna be Combaticons......as test MECH scanned a helicopter (Vortex), offcourse they have to finalyse the project but with Starscream help and the link of that army helicopter they are gonna create the Combinaticons. Personally i really want the Constructicons but oh well that could too :D  !

10. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Since beast wars is basicaly a sequel to g1, and the g1 characters had sparks in
    bw, they did in g1 just never mentioned.

11. VincentMagius

VincentMagius Well-Known Member

No, they had laser cores. Which had the data storage of a 5.25 inch floppy disk.

Life/personalities were given by Vector Sigma, but that was only for the Combaticons and, I think, Aerialbots. The Dinobots, Technobots and Autobot Spike did not seem to need the Big V.

Though, Starscream was a ghost and Optimus Prime came back twice.

What I'm saying is that G1 was not the most consistent show.

As to Beast Wars, they weren't given much information on G1 to start. Whatever references in the beginning were accidental. They did start delving heavily into it to build the history. I think sparks actually came from the UK comics as did the religion of Primus.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  12. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    we'll see what happens. but i think people are reading way too much into the Mech prototype scanning a helicopter (and therefore hinting at Combaticons). Mech had a helicopter at their base- they saw airachnid scan and transform into a helicopter, makes some sense to try and scan a similar object with their prototype. Also, a flying Prototype is more tactically versatile than a land-based vehicle. (
    and if they had had a Peterbilt sitting in that hanger it would have kind of ruined the suprise of them possibly building the human killing Optimus clone to mess with the American government in that teaser we saw yesterday)
    it is also entirely possible to simply scan another vehicle, technically any transformer could do that at anytime.

i dont think MEch with build the Combaticon, more likely Screamer clones IMO between the two options. I really dont think that Hasbro would shoot themselves in the continuity by making Constructicons a human construct in TFP given the focus the Combaticons are getting in FOC and the Generations line. It's just asking for trouble from the fandom. Constructicons are a possibilty, but i personally dont think it's very likely.

Also- the helicopter is a CGI model they already have, as opposed to scanning a vehicle.
    We see a few of the same model in the evil Optimus teaser

13. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    What if they use Mech as Powermasters, no spark needed.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am hoping for something really new and different from SS.

When I mean really new and different I am hoping for something other than Combaticons, Stunticons, or Constructicons.

15. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

Powermasters replaced the Energon power source, not the spark.

16. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Your right Powermasters were the energy source.

What I meant was Godmasters, not Powermasters

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been saying what I'm about to say since MECH's intentions were made clear, when we first heard about Project Chimera. I believe Silas is going to become a Transformer.

MECH, trying to make mecha for themselves are going to get screwed by Starscream and Energon--humans and Energon DO NOT mix. It doesn't matter if its natural or Dark; we are screwed either way.

I figure what happened back in G1 to Dr. Arkeville, but rather than being trapped in on cybertron in a useless body, I think Silas will be trapped in the frame of one of his/Starscream's creation, becoming Onslaught, the first of the Combaticons.

MECH soldiers may end up trading their flesh and bone bodies for that of weapon that have produced.

Ratchet explained t-cogs in such a way that it sounds as though they cannot be created (or at least he can't do it anyway). While we have the technology to make artificial organs, the Cybertronians, apparently, cannot.

Well, a roundtable discussion with the folks behind the show was posted in a Youtube video and at Toonzone. When they hinted about the possibility for combiners in season two they said that what they had in the works would be "Devastating."

...why did you come into a thread appropriately labeled spoilers expecting to NOT see spoilers?:lol  Hiding spoilers in a "spoilers" thread is ridiculous. Entering this thread was no accident, just sayin'.

18. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    ^Do you have a link to that roundtable discussion?

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Thank you, sir.