Colorado Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by ViperDragon, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

If any of you have a fondness of kids and comics, or are just looking for something to do next Saturday, i think you msy find it worth your while to check this event out... hes spending this week accumulatingas much stuff as he can find so theres a good chance of us all finding something to add to our collections.

Broomfield Comics
    9 hrs ยท
    Some of you have asked why I am closing Broomfield Comics. That is a fair question that requires a thoughtful and not at all concise response (but better than a Henry James novel). I started the store in Nov. 2013 after one of my wife's fr...iends made me aware of Murphy's situation. I wanted to do something but providing financial support through my law office seemed inappropriate. People might accuse me of exploiting these two children simply to get more personal injury cases. When you consider the number of a--hole personal injury lawyers in the world--who could blame anyone for thinking that. Comics, on the other hand, are like pizza--everyone enjoys it; it's fun; it creates happy memories for kids of all ages.

When I was 10--one of the worst days of my young life was when my hamster died (its ok to laugh but trust me in 1978 it really sucked). My dad brought home a copy of Fantastic Four 25 to cheer me up. I still remember that book and that day. The Thing was valiantly fighting Hulk alone because Reed Richards was sick and --well-- flames and force fields (i.e. Human Torch and Invisible Girl) would not even slow the Hulk down. Despite the Thing's courage and faith in his own abilities--he was losing and losing bad. When it appeared he would succumb in mortal combat--from the sky--came the Avengers!!!!!!! The Thing caught his breath, an epic battle ensued and all you comic geeks know the rest.

Avery is in a real battle for her life with neuroblastoma as is Murphy and his fight with pulmonary vein stenosis. Their parents spend every waking (and sleeping moment) carrying the battle for these two kids. I don't know how they do it but my guess is they would say --for love. As a father, I completely understand.

So Broomfield Comics opened to raise money and awareness for these two families. It also opened to create a place for comic lovers to buy cheap comics and just escape from the daily traumas and dramas of life (like losing a hamster). However, on July 12, it is time to close the doors. What better way than to sell every single comic and give the money all to Avery and Murphy? I am from the most wonderful family spread across GA and SC. I remember a story about one of my aunts being very sick when she was a little girl. There was no health insurance--just family and community. One of my uncles who was a farmer and did not have much money brought every dollar he had to that sick little girl's mother and laid it on the table in front of her saying "get her the medicine she needs and if you need more money--I'll get more." That story resonates with me and reminds me every day that there is no courage without fear and no faith without sacrifice. I am not a wealthy man at all but over the last few months--my own problems both financial and health have been a burden but are nothing compared to what Avery and Murphy (and their parents) are going through. I settled a large case ever a few weeks ago and rather than write a check--I wanted to creat a memory for all of you and for these families. So I bought every comic I could lay my hands on from Daredevil 1, New Mutants 98, Spiderman 2 and 300, etc. I am not sure if I have done it the right way but I'm trying. In my heart everyone of you who shows up on JULY 12 and spends even fifty cents is like Iron Man descending from the sky to prevent the Hulk from striking what would have been a fatal blow to the Thing. In my heart everyone of you who shows up on July 12 is like my uncle bringing what little money he had to the family of a sick girl and saying "get Avery and Murphy the help they need." My only superpower in this world is that I am a big mouth lawyer --hopefully I have used this power for good. Finally, when you show up on July 12, please know this is a CELEBRATION--community uniting to help these two families. We are gong to have so much fun--you will remember the day thirty years from now for the love, fun and fellowship that will be ommipresent. I will also be presenting roughly twenty awards to some of our regular customers who are super parents, super spouses, and just super people. So--closing the store--yes. Stopping the fight for these kids--when hell freezes over or Dan Caplis is elected governor (neither should ever happen). God bless you all and see you on the 12th.

2. PORTER

PORTER energon is just mtn dew

will do.looking forward to nova the most but i plan on completing the whole wave

3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    You can't miss it. It's a big yellow cardboard display.

4. Crts

Crts Deluxe Class

Ebay:
    If anyone spots a hound, or way in the future a lockdown, can you update this thread ASAP? I'm on a hunt!

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    If you mean deluxe hound....I've been seeing that toy around for a while. If you're talking about a larger sized version, like Voyager or Leader sized...yeah those I have not seen yet. It may be a while since a lot of stores are sitting on quite the stock of the first wave or two.

6. Crts

Crts Deluxe Class

Ebay:
    Sorry I should have been specific! The AOE Voyager, Trying to snag him before the sale ends tomorrow ><

Also if youre looking for any deluxes from AOE wave 1&2 lucent at HR pkwy has them all. I can check Lucent Target often as it is 100 feet from my house.

7. PORTER

ive seen him twice since ive been back if i see him again ill text you on the spot.

8. Crts

Crts Deluxe Class

Ebay:
    Just realized tha ratchet was a different vehicle in TF1 and TF2 then TF3 and TF4.. OUCH:/

9. PORTER

well hes still a hummer just different variations.

by the way does anybody here have the TFC Hercules 3rd party figure and could give me a honest opinion on the pros and cons.i like his look more than the MAKETOYS green giant but im not sure if he will be worth it.$500 bucks is a tremendous amount of money for a toy. the time wont come for quite a while but it crossed my mind i would like to own a huge decent classics compatible Devastator combiner figure one day.

10. Crts

Crts Deluxe Class

Ebay:
    If anyone is looking for any Transformers from Armada, Energon or Cybertron let me know I pretty much have the complete lines and will be sparring on prices. Just trying to make some cash for the new movie toys.

Edit:

For anyone looking for repaints, I do have some but not many. I do have main figures however.

11. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pm sent

12. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Last night at 8ish, one MP Grimlock at the TRU off of 88th and Sheridan.

13. Jazz342

I put it on layaway tonight using a 20% off coupon ... guess its my Christmas present.

14. Autobot Optimus

Autobot Optimus Autobot Commander

I've got them and love them. When I was choosing between Hercules and Giant I really wanted the biggest possible which was my first reason for going with Hercules. I also liked that there is a lot more articulation and moveable parts on the vehicles with Herc over Giant. If you want more of an actual G1 look, Giant might be the way to go, but if you want more in scale with the Classics/Generations figures while also sharing their slightly updated takes on the characters, go with Herc. In real life these construction vehicles are huge, so I say biggest is best. I have no regrets with my purchase even if it is the most I've spent on one character in my entire collection.

15. PORTER

thanks for the feedback! as much as i wanna not spend a premium price for a nice devastator seeing reviews and such on him and uranos i think i will but them on my list.granted i probably wont get them for a while but once all bills and priorities are taken care of i will try to track them down.herc is a definite want but not sure on tfc's superion.gonna need some reprolabels lol

masterpiece is top priority right now.still want legends tailgate,gears and shrapnel.voy doubledealer and deluxe rattrap.i still have MP08 through 21 (ultra magnus) that i still wanna add to my shelves.sans mp10 TRU Optimus.(found him while i was in Ohio).

gonna be a expensive year but i want to be caught up with MPs soon.thank you god for giving me such a great job where i can afford nice figures/toys and still take care of the important stuff.

gotta head out for work,see you guys later!:D 

16. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Yay, I'm glad one of us got it.

17. Crts

Crts Deluxe Class

Ebay:
    So I stopped by Lincoln Target and County Line.

Lincoln target still has the sale on deluxes running.

County Line had Skrapnel and Reflector the have two left.

18. Jazz342

I think i walked right by it twice...that store sucks when it comes to MPs, so i was just looking at the AoEs.

19. Acceleration

Acceleration h

In The Burlington Bottom Dollar I saw G2 RTS Legends Megs, G1 RTS Legends Screamer, And G1 RTS Bumblebee (I Bought The Last One) (I Live In New Jersey But I'm On Vacation To See My Grandparents)

20. PORTER

so any news on MP prowl coming to us soon? i know hes due in a few weeks.Philippines got them in i think.

im perfectly capable of getting the takara one as its only a $20 difference, but i will still look for it if anyone else needs one and i find em.still havent seen grimlock out here yet...

by the way anyone have this guy they can part with.i would like to own this little fellow[​IMG]