collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jclauterback, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I understand. Also, people need to stop paying scalper prices in the first place. I know the problem will never stop entirely, but people like me who always buy retail slow their progress. The scalper problem is fueled by innocent people willing to pay those prices, who may think it's a good deal as it's "rare". I have no clue if there are scalpers roaming around my area, and that's why it's bad for stuff, or if it's just my area. Who knows.

2. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No one knows if he was using some of the tru rewards coupons and such either. 10 off 50, etc.

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Shockwave loyalist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i think the real problem is when they're no any other left on the shelves after the guy pick them up

4. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I'm stating to wonder what percentage of these toys actually end up in the hands of kids

5. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I'm getting tired of seeing this; allot of people on here also show off about it. I don't care what you call it or what excuse you give, whether it be 'army building', 'one robot, one alt, one misb' etc etc.

Pure and simple it is GREEDY. It is also driving up demand, especially in USA, with Hasbro then redirecting Euro stock and whole parts of the world going without.

It's getting stupid.

6. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

I take back what I said about it being obvious once I was told.

Comparing the picture with the one at the top of the tfwiki page, I can see the yellow turn signals on his shoulders. And in between the shoulders, if I look from an angle and squint a bit...yes, that could be Ironhide's head, with him looking to the right...or it might just be various gray shapes on a murky green background.

Maybe the contrast on my monitor is too low, but his face is difficult to see.

7. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    The * is meant to evoke an action with text, thus a *facepalm*.

8. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

I've got no problem with people buying all of certain characters in my area.
    I actually had 3 Scourges sitting on my local Wal-Mart shelves until I decided to Army build him. Now there is one left.

Of course that also means I am stuck with 15 shelf spots full of Bumblebee...

9. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

Well, he could be getting them for his kids or something.
    I don't really see the point in "scalping leader ironhide", as he isn't going above retail much.

10. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is why i only buy 1 of each figure. I don't want to buy multiples of one item that in the end it prevents another collector from obtaining. The only figure i see myself buying multiples is TF Prime Vehicon (2 or 3 of them).

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Transfan2 was in the area. If you look at the Hauls thread, he seems to buy 4-6 copies of everything. :) 

This does remind me of when MP Starscream came out when someone bought ALL the Starscreams in his city (picture had over a dozen items). It was stated for local friends & fans online. What went through my head is he just screwed over all Transformers fans in his city that don't happen to know him since now all of them will be forced to get it off ebay or pay shipping to get it from a someone that they could have picked up locally.