Collection Display almost complete [Classic Swagga]

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by MasterxBlaster, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    TRULY an awesome themed display and setup, thanks for sharing. I love the groupings, really inspiring. I don't suppose the IKEA Detolf sheves are airtight, are they? I can't imagine having to dust all that off every few weeks if they aren't. Great lighting too!

2. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    Thanks so much man, really appreciate the kind words! Not airtight man, but they do keep the dust out for months though! I just hit them with a can of compressed air every 3-4 weeks, and they stay dust free :) 

Just installed some wireless lightning also! The wireless remote is awesome! Can turn them on & off, dim and even have a 30min sleep timer all programmed in!

I'll have to take a pic or video or something, make the collection look 100 times better at night!

3. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

Love the classic marvel comics on display. Each shelf has a great theme.. Damn you, though I want those crisp books in mine now! Thanks for sharing, BA barackus stuff.

4. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Wicked set up bro!! Each shelf is really thought out and themed well. I like how the graded comics are like a side notes on their respected shelf, yet they could also be centerpieces all on their own. Again excellent job on the set up. But I was trying to check out the full display in the first pic and it looks like some dude totally jumped into the pic:) 

5. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    Thanks man! Yeah took me a while to get a break from Hunting down TFs since I had just started, to be able to hunt down those minty comics! Yeah they look really good displayed, I have original loose versions of each also.

Thanks man! Yeah I've had these Ideas in my head ever since I started collecting, but all my TFs were still MISB until I finally got my Detolfs (Glass Cabinets) then the UN-boxing began, and I slowly started creating each display. I'm very happy the way they came out, because it was a difficult task displaying them in the non-TF friendly sized cubes!

Yeah, it was a little tricky pulling it off with the comics, i have random shit holding them up lol but the comics give that extra wow factor!!

LMFAO i know who is that asshole blocking that collection? The nervveezz haha!

Here you go, added a new lighting system also to the displays that are finsihed (9 and have 3 left)
    [​IMG]

Has a wireless remote also, to turn on/off, DIM, and even 30min sleeper.. EPIC!! Put the holster on the side of my dresser, where i can see it at all times, so I don't lose the remote!
    [​IMG]

6. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks good bro! Clean and not cluttered! I need more detolf cases I have one and it's definatly not enough.

7. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    Yea I saw that you had updated your display. Looking good man. Cool knowing that my display inspired you. Haha.

Did you just spray paint those display stands black? Not a bad idea. May have to do that. Where did you get your lights from?

8. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    Thanks brotha! Yeah man, they look really nice, I wish i had room for some more, cus I have plenty more figs that need to be displayed haha!

Haha yup! Your collection helped me figure out if I could pull off my collection in some detolfs!

Yeah I just sprayed em black, didn't like the 2 tone, kind of distracted from the figures them selves!

The lights I got off amazon, but I just looked and they're sold out! But they have the exact same kinda lights and brand but different wireless remote! (my remote has dim and 30mins sleeper added)
    Amazon.com: HAB Industries Wireless Puck Light w/Remote Switch 6 Pack: Electronics

9. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    Ahhh cool man thanks. I may have to check those out. Definitely a sweet setup man. Detolfs definitely make a HUGE difference.

10. Probono

Probono Hakuna Matata

Sick Display bro! I especially love the "thugformers" they are definetly a stand out crowd, and the dark energon crew is rockin it too lol! But I love me some classic afa graded comics tho, as always keep up the clean displays!

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Man those setups are off the chain. There is so much character you bought out of each toy, it's fucking awesome. I think you would be good at making some awesome photos with the figures posed in amazing styles.

Great collection. Love it!

12. tuddymus bee

tuddymus bee Well-Known Member

That is a great collection, I love it anything G1 or G1 related is always sweet to look at

13. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    No problem, and thanks a lot!

Chea the Thugz rewwwwlll lol!! Thanks brotha, glad you liked it!

Thanks so much bro, stoked you enjoy it! I really love your set up with the backdrops and that you actually POSE your figures lol!! Too bad I don't have a good camera, all my pix are taken with my shotty phones camera HA!!

Thanks for all the kind words man, means a lot coming from another fella with an aweeeeeesome collection!

Yeah I love the updated aesthetics to the G1 inspired classic figures!!

14. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Great display man! It's really inspirational!

15. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

Nice update!!! Man that shockwave shelf alone is pure awesome !! Digging shockwave as a boat lol. You try transforming it yet?

16. MasterxBlaster

News Credits:
    Wow thanks man! That means a lot! I'm glad my hard work is appreciated :) 

Bless~!

Haha thanks! Yeah everyone seems to be displaying him in bot mode, and forgetting how impressive he is in his alt as a Ironclad!! (To be honest,I HAVE NOT transformed it yet) I want to get a 2nd for bot mode, since he's so fiddely! But waiting for a good deal!!

17. jono83

jono83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome collection bro

18. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    your detolfs look fookin sick man!!!
    Having the individual themes for each cube......wow, just wow!!!!

19. Iro the Dude

Iro the Dude Decepticon Seeker Leader

Really liking this collection, man! I think Classics is one of the most awesome series of figures, both to collect and display, and it's always fun to see how others' collections turn out. Hopefully I can manage something like this one of these days. Are you planning on getting Herc or Giant or any of the third party gestalts? That empty section you have seems like it could hold at least a few of them.

20. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    epic collection