Collab Writing discussion topic

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Irony, Jul 11, 2011.

1. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

I just got a great idea!Okay there should be a young Autobot who dosen't have faith in the leaders and believes Optimus is still alive,he eventually takes some other bots with him to search for OP.

2. Irony

Irony fangirl

I like the idea of a Chip-like character (hey, wait, didn't I bring it up first? :)  ) Dylan would be awesome.

How about Epps and Lennox going after Optimus? I mean, humans can blend in as slaves easier than Autobots, and they are motivated enough, and both have faith in Prime. Also they are on Earth, I guess.

3. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

Hmmm, NEST infiltrating Prison to bust out Optimus

4. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

Yeah!Lennox and Epps!

5. Christiankid7

Lets work on the title
    How about an already used one
    Transformers: Twilights Last Gleaming
    or something I dont think has been done
    Transformers: Broken Hope
    Or
    Transformers: Reign of Shockwave!!!

6. Irony

Irony fangirl

Reign of Shockwave sounds good to me :) 

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'd rather have no NEST, to increase the "we're screwed" tone of the story.

About the title...
    Transformers: Shattered Ruins.
    Transformers: Decline.
    Transformers: The Reign of Darkness.
    Transformers: Dark Times.
    Transformers: Wasteland.
    Transformers: Shadowlands.

8. Irony

Irony fangirl

Of these, Wasteland. But I don't want a generic title that could be any "oh we're doomed" fantasy's title.
    NEST could be a secret organization, maybe even hidden from most Autobots. If we give the Decepticons too much advantage, it would be creepy. Autobots could either loose even what's left, and this would be a dark emo fanfic of how bad everything is, or every small Autobot victory would be out of the blue. After such defeat, suddenly they'd become lucky and talented and they would suddenly have a chance? While Decepticons suddenly start screwing everything up for themselves? What we need is some BALANCE.

But NEST would be good if it was created DURING the fanfic's events. Or rather, re-created.
    Hm, yeah. Lennox lost hope after Ironhide was killed but he finally decides to team up with the Autobots again?

9. Overlord Balder

That's my whole idea, you see...

There's a clear difference between "Emo" and "Dark", my idea was towards the last one.

I mean, the whole "Decepticons Won" idea has a lot of potential, with humanity enslaved, Buildings ravaged, Shockwave standing proud on the Empire State, Autobots living in some junk pile and all other kind of dark shit.

I just pictured "What if...The Decepticons won?" This whole fanfic was supposed [for my point of view, that is] to show WHY they shouldn't win, to see how screwed we would be if they claimed victory.

Actually, they always had a chance, but their numbers are too small to stand a chance, the fanfic time is where they are starting to strike back.
    So the story would pretty much them going on missions to take down targets Black-Ops style, like rescuing Optimus, acquiring Omega Supreme to their side.

Could work.

10. Christiankid7

Excellent ideas
    Transformers: Wasteland
    or Reign of Shockwave
    or how about TF: Final Hope

11. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Like I said previously, I volunteer to take care of all of the human involvement (except for whichever of you wanted to do a Dylanesque character.)

12. Irony

Irony fangirl

Okay, I'd also help in with the humans.
    Now, how about the plot? We need more "themes", some of which are ready set (D'con side: keeping order and peace on Earth, Autobot side: re-creating NEST and getting Omega function, and later rescuing Prime) An other ideas? There will obviously be smaller missions too, but these could be the main ones.

Title: hey, what if the first part would be Reign of Shockwave (with Decepticons ruling), and the sequel (where Autobots would be in slightly better position) would be Wasteland? We'd need a break anyway. Let's call them seasons (with epic season finals of course!)

As for darkness, I don't mind it being dark unless the whole story goes like "how do Cons beat the scrap out of Bots". But if the Bots have chance, then it has to be plausible.

13. Overlord Balder

Nah, the story would start screwed up, but this wuold be essentially the 'Bots trying to fight back, and slowly [very slowly] acquiring more victories.

I assume the first "season" would end with Optimus Prime being released after the massive badass battle of Garrus-9.

14. Christiankid7

Do we have a final list of characters yet?

15. Irony

Irony fangirl

So we writers will have our sweet hard time working out why the Bots lost until now.... uhm, I sense treason? Maybe in NEST? Hey! What if Lennox lost his faith in NEST after a fellow NEST human turned out to be "a Dylanesque character"?

16. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

No matter the cost,I will write for Shockwave.Okay guys,side plots,what are they?

17. Irony

Irony fangirl

If the characters' characteristics are clear, I think more people can be "allowed" to write the same characters. This is not roleplay when your aim is to get one side win, it is writing when the point is having fun. But if something goes very OOC it can be discussed here and possibly the author might be asked to correct the post he / she wrote.

18. Christiankid7

So, When do we start?

19. Irony

Irony fangirl

Do we have anything left for discussion? If not, I'll PM Fierce because it's her privilege to start the writing.

20. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Okay, y'all. I'll put up a chapter tonight.

I'll do my best to introduce the basic plot and several of the characters, but bear in mind I'm writing a chapter, not a novel ;-)