Cloud 9 - will there be any more products?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by witeter, Feb 9, 2017.

1. witeter

witeter Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Quakeblast, but I have not heard anything at all from Cloud 9. Does anyone know if they just did Quakeblast as a one off or if they intend to do more figures? I would love to see their interpretations of other characters!

2. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Pretty sure that Cloud 9 was just Gigapower under another name, and they have several more figures on the way.

• Like Like x 4
  3. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

That seems plausible. And the Cloud 9 name may have been compromised by the controversy surrounding Quakeblast. Like Omnigonix - they may make some more toys but they sure wont use that name anymore. It's been tainted.

4. Havocmech

Havocmech Well-Known Member

Although to be fair Omnigonix name is associated with a first figure that was plagued with QC issues, and it seems that Cloud 9 was censured by many major distributors to keep another 3P producer happy. It's possible the Cloud 9 name may played as the underdog who challenged the big boys. (How realistic is this possibility- I have no idea).

• Like Like x 2
  5. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they do. I liked their style and their prices :D 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ryanme1973

Ryanme1973 Well-Known Member

If you saw it was originally priced close to $150 for its initial preorder. The price dropped when fanstoys announced a quakewave reissue and Takara announced shockwave. The only way it was going to compete with them was to cut the price significantly.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Considering the goal of Quakeblast was to take a pretty good existing figure and just retool it to make it way better, I'd almost like to see them do the same thing with some other 3P figures that are decent, but could definitely be better with a few tweaks.

8. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

I think the controversy referred to was the ill advised social media posts that pissed people in China.

The whole blacklist affair is going to be one of those things that we likely will never have confirmed as there seems to be no problems with GP products being sold and at least 2 retailers stated they were unable to establish communication with C9 to inquire about stock as they had customers who were asking about Quakeblast.

Whoever they are I hope they keep making toys. The sources stating that C9 is GP are not really given to random rumors, so hopefully they're just refocusing on the GP label.

9. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Respectfully, I've had Takara Shockwave, have multiple quakewave, and I gotta say, quakeblast kills Takara and gives quakewave a run for his money.

Don't really think they had to compete on price given the materials and finish are already top notch in my book. The fact that it's cheaper than most car bots only sweetens the deal to make him irresistible.

Just my opinion on him. I'd love to see more C9 stuff at the same quality and price. Who can argue with what he brings?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Absolutely this. One of the best 3P figures as an overall package - quality, finish and price. I'd certainly be interested in any other offerings from them.

11. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Owning both QW and QB, Quakeblast really just feels like a cheaper version of Quakewave. I think he looks much better aesthetically, and has replaced QW on my shelf, but everything just feels a little cheaper to me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Really? What do you think feels cheaper? Totally get that we are all entitled to love our bots differently so just looking for your perspective
    I see qb with great paint, nice finish, imposing stance, and all the same electronics that qw has. I see my qw as smaller in stature (which isn't a bad thing at all as it kind of scales better than qb with my other MP's), but no paint. Maybe more articulated but those unfinished diecast leg plates just look a bit rough.

No disrespect to you at all bro..

13. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't know. The plastic feels cheaper, the joints are all a little bit less refined.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quite drastic to chop it to under 100 dollars. I hope that hasnt come back to haunt them somehow.

15. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

I doubt it. From reading the forums, I think a considerable amount more people bought it because they "might as well at that price".

IF it is Gigapower, that might explain why Grassor is priced substantially lower than Guttur was. They probably realised they could shift enough units at a lower price to make up for the change in price.

• Like Like x 1
  16. witeter

witeter Well-Known Member

I loved Quakeblast from the moment I saw the official pic, for me he brings to the table all the things I want from a Shockwave character. Is he perfect? No, but for me he is the best looking Shockwave out there.

17. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Whoa there- watch out or the pro Cloud9ers/anti FansToys'ers will try to tell you how NOT the same Blast and Wave are, lol...

18. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I hope they do more. I still need a Soundwave... the door is WIDE open for that character to have another company take a go

• Like Like x 1
  19. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. I'm not sure how anyone could improve on MP Soundwave.

20. Nebokalypse

Nebokalypse Well-Known Member

Well... How about a working micro-cassette-player?

• Like Like x 1