Cloud 9 Quakeblast - Masterpiece-Styled Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by banjoted, Jul 7, 2015.

1. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That’s a really good price too, thanks, I’ve ordered from Sunc before with good results but he’s over $75 with shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Erwin

Erwin Well-Known Member

Just don’t buy all of them, I wanted one too :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. bluesymetal

Ebay:
    I’m waiting for the next flash sale for extra cheapness!

4. Erwin

Erwin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’ve never seen that for the Netherlands, flash sales :/ But good luck!

5. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Tends to only be for the Americans because nobody cares about the rest of us. Sometimes it's like the rest of the world doesn't even exist....

I know people have told me that you can create an American account on eBay with a fake address and then ship to your normal address, but that's kinda besides the point (plus it means having to deal with two eBay accounts, or at least going through the trouble of switching over to a new one, among other possible issues).

6. bluesymetal

Ebay:
    That sucks, we usually get 10-15% off every 2-3 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. iluvkos

iluvkos Well-Known Member

Careful with yanguang1971, looks like he's about to go rogue

• Like Like x 1
  8. bluesymetal

Ebay:
    Thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iluvkos

iluvkos Well-Known Member

I've purchased from this seller 3 different times this year and service was stellar. Once you see a perfect rating get hit with a couple reds in a week, then it's usually a sign he's taking his money and running.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Right cool. Thanks a lot. I’ll have a look to see what I find. Cause this guy is one of my preferred looking Shockwave’s but I do like the accessories of the offical.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yup. Definitely gone rogue.

12. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    eBay has been heating up here in Australia in terms of discount codes. Maybe it's because of Christmas, or maybe it's because of Amazon starting mid 2018. Either way, it's not as frequent or as much a % discount as in the US but it's still there.

New Zealand has Trade Me (started by a guy I actually went to school with) and quickly became the online marketplace of choice before eBay could get established. That's probably the main reason NZ gets overlooked. Taobao ships directly to NZ also if I'm not mistaken and that beats eBay + discount codes. If I ever moved back to NZ, I'd still use Taobao, the savings are massive!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

cloud 9 was roughly 26-29 when i bought it off taobao.

i think those discounts were just for xmas. i used them for some tech stuff that i needed NOW, but as you said, taobao is still cheaper. At the same time, im over ebay. too many scammers wasting my time and making me wait around for refunds.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bluesymetal

Ebay:
    29 US??? I need to figure out how to use taobao.

15. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    This may not have included the shipping cost. Add another $20 or so on top. Still, it's a good price

16. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

shipping plus insurance on 3 figures came out to about 10 usd per figure, if you want to look at it like that. i should have added more to that order to spread out shipping even more. this is through superbuys service. directly through taobao, it would have been even cheaper

17. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Same here (in regards to the official), so that's part of the dilemma for me.
    Australians can use Trade Me too, though it's being invaded by a bunch of foreign stores now, and it's mainly a shithole of scammers. Just look at the Transformers on there - most people are charging twice the retail price for second-hand figures. Few NZ collectors seem to be reasonable people, at least when it comes to selling second-hand. There are some, but usually, they're a rip-off. The state of Trade Me right now is a damn shame.

Taobao does seem to be the better deal in some cases (and yes, they ship directly to NZ these days, at least through that international warehouse thing they have), but in other cases, it tends to work out about the same as ShowZ, baba, etc. I have yet to use it though I'm set up on there - just not sure that I care enough to try because the discounts seem fairly minimal for most figures and I can always communicate with ShowZ in English if I have issues.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I did some looking though and I can’t seem to find any hands. I’ve only found cannons, hoses, chests and beer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

?????

20. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah, no hands unfortunately, from what I've seen. I've been wondering if it's possible to modify MP Shockwave's hands to fit but probably not. And then the question is if I'd even want to do that, or if it'd be worth getting a KO to do it, or...

Man, speaking of MP Shockwave, that new version really bothers me. MP Shockwave wasn't cheap, and this new version is basically what we should have been sold in the first place. TakaraTomy are really taking the piss in recent years.
    The guy who sells Quakewave/Quakeblast add-ons also sells energon cubes and energon beer. He's also a board member (though I forgot his username even though I was looking at his custom parts thread just last night).
    Miniature Energon Bottles for Masterpiece MP 3P Transformers IDW | eBay
    It's kinda cute, I suppose, but I wish you got more for the price. If he sold them in a 10-pack for twice that price, for example, that'd probably be a good deal. Plus, he uses the Global Shipping Program, which is basically code for "eBay is scamming international sellers on shipping costs". I get that it's easier and more convenient for sellers but man if it isn't horrendously priced... US$16 just to ship four little energon bottles to NZ, for example. I'm sure he'd accomodate a more reasonable price if I inquired but still.

• Like Like x 1