Minor/Repaint: Closer to a tank, or HULK gets hardheaded

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by asphalt, Nov 18, 2008.

1. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    ok folks, while so far the hulk is my favorite marvel crossover, he doesnt really resemble an earth tank in his alt mode. More like a particle beam cannon or some such. While this isnt a problem really I thought an improvement might be made and give him a melee weapon to boot. This is a very quick roughed out mock up of what I am plannin on doing. (the first mock up has been replaced by the superman fit turret) It will slide over and maybe magnet onto the regular foot barrel, and then be a handheld hammer in bot mode. The hulk usually has part of a tank in his hands anyway, so I thought it was kinda fitting. I may also make it attachable to his chest in case I want to make a warpath custom later ALA Tcrackers wonderful job. So opinions all what do you think. Like I said this is a mock up. I dont know if I am entirely satisfied with the proportions yet. so input is more than welcome.

Attached Files:

2. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

hulk smash my thumb hammering your head. cool idea man :thumb 

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Not too bad. It looks good to me.

4. Blunticus

Blunticus Combiner

Hulk concept: Not bad, it does make it look more like an earth tank.
    Warpath: That would make it too much a parts former. The transformation doesn't allow it to remain part of his chest.

5. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    Warpath would be a parts former no matter how you did him with the tank molds out now. The turrets are all either arms or feet. How detailed with pannels and parts do you think I should go with the overlap piece?

6. Blunticus

Blunticus Combiner

Are you talking about the white piece in the pics that would form the hammer's head?
    I think it would be cool to do it in the same grey (or is it purple?) of the rest of his secondary color, then do some small panel rivets on the outside edges of each panel to make it look like it's really bolted on there.

7. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    yeah I am talking about what is now just a blank white square of styrene. I am going to try to make it more Superman shaped like the exisiting barrel so its not just a block. I will probably add some small pannels and such to the sides of it since the rest of the body is covered with the stuff. Does the round barrel look alright? I cant decide if I want to find a more squared off version in my box of joe bits where I found this one.

8. Pulse

Pulse Hugged a minicon today?

Ebay:
    In stock form the Hulk mode seems to be based on a Tank Destroyer, not a tank.

TD's don't have a turret. Just a large, forward facing, gun.

9. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    I think he us just supposed to be a comic book tank. Even an M-1o tank destroyer has a long rotating turret gun

10. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very cool great job.

11. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Honestly I'd say giving Hulk a weapon to carry isn't much his style. I mean he picks things up and throws them but Thor is more the hammer toting type. Not saying it doesn't look good just saying it's more a step back from the classic Hulk archetype

12. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I like the melee weapon idea! The highlight (maybe the only one) of the first Hulk movie is when he he goes "batter-up" on the tank with the barrel/turret of the other tank! Whichever route you take, people can forgive a parts-form custom if the rest is well done! But you should do it to make yourself happy! In the end, there's only one truth:

HULK SMASH!!!!:horse: :deadhorse: 

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Did you dismember a GIJOE MoBat for this bash??? :eek: 

It actually looks surprisingly good with a frontal gun like that. Nice idea.

zmog

14. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    Not sure what the turret came from, It was just a broken part in my box of joe bits that I pull out when I need some military parts.

Yeah the batter up scene was my inspiration for it. That and he always seems to have a piece of something to hit someone with.

I have a much more form fitting slide over piece that I started yesterday. When I get it sanded up I will show it.

15. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    ok, got a second mock up done. Much happier with the overall feel of this version rather than the rough cube of the first. It also fits much more snugly. Less wiggle. Now I just need to do some pannelling and detailing before paints. Anybody know what color green would match hulk best?

16. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, this is gonna rock!:rock 

17. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    Here's hopin I dont screw it up when I get to the paint. I'm an art teacher but I cant paint in miniature.

And SMOG, yes I looked up the MOBAT and it is indeed the tip off its turret that I canibalized for the bash. In my defense, it was already broken it had been glued into the turret base with greenstuff already when I found it in the box. So there was no joeblasphemation.

*edit* green stuff turned out to be green modelling clay. who holds his toys together with oily greesy modelling clay.

18. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    ok I added some structure to the cannon base along with three mini guns.

19. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    WOW i really like what your doing to the cannon, so if you want to make a Warpath like TCracker's
    then why not use a Rare Earth Magnet(Magnetix) maybe then? or you could use Neo-Shifters connectors maybe?

20. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Whoa! I like how you bulked up the cannon. Hulk's ready to smash someone's head thats for sure. Also those mini guns, now thats a nice touch as well.