Close-ups of Alternity Convoy and Orange Ipod Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wcloud34, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love that G1/Henkei display, it's a fantastic concept and really shows how much more dynamic the newer versions are.

And that Thundercracker display just shows up the Hasbro displays something rotten - not only properly transformed and posed perfectly, but brilliantly concieved as well. Gorgeous.

2. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know any more about Alternity Convoy's line? Is it a single release or are there more planned (besides repaints)? Seems even more random than Titaniums if there's only one of them...

3. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    I do understand where you're coming from, but honestly, they're only so much they can do with the 1/32 scale. Isn't it one of the Binaltech designers who said a while back in an interview that 1/24 was the smallest they could go without compromising transformation, articulation and detailing? I believe they originally wanted to make BTs/Alts bigger than 1/24, but due to budgetary constraints and market demand, they opted for 1/24. With that in mind, I think that it's absolutely stunning to see the amount of details on that Alternity Convoy.

A definite buy for me. Can't wait to see what other cars & characters will come out of that line.

4. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Beautiful, bought...

5. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

That Alternity mold is really starting to grow on me. I wonder if there will be a US release.. maybe a store or convention exclusive or someting?

6. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Preordered Alternity Convoy, in red, based on the proto pics... now seeing the silver version, i'm not disappointed! Can't wait to see the red one.

Do like that MP Thundercracker display... i'll resist the urge to splurge & pass, as I already have Skywarp, but that is a very cool display.

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Wow. Alternity Convoy is amazing. I wonder which one is better. White or red? I will wait to see a picture of red and then decide which to buy

8. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the opposite actually...

English Translation of the Binaltech Guide
    It looks to me like TakaraTomy are going alone on this line and they've finally got their way with regards to scale.

9. Melkava

Melkava Well-Known Member

Never understood their line of thinking & explaination for the new 1/32 scale...
    Wouldn't a bigger scale allow for more details which is what they are going for? :peoples: 

10. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Alternity Convoy looks awesome. I can't wait to check out the red version. I also love how they displayed Masterpiece TC with his different stages of transformation. Very cool.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I echo the statements of the Convoy looking awesome. Can´t wait to see it live.

12. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Or those who think the car just looks better in red. ;) 

Takara's engineers really are amazing, I think this is more detailed and more complex for the size then anything Bandai have done. The only SOC that could come close to this is Xabungle imo.
    Really, really hard to believe just from pictures that it's a deluxe size toy.

Giant roof hanging off the back is annoying but most alternators had some so it's not unexpected. It's a pity they didn't make it fold up like the RX=8's roof & windscreens kibble though.

Only this one at the moment, until they announce another car I'm inclined to believe that this is a one off deal with Nissan rather then a new line, much like last years Nike trainer transformers.

That said, the GT-R was out in Japan a while ago and these aren't out til next January so as a tie in deal it's a poorly orchestrated one. :lol 

The Japanese are pressed for space on every front, smaller toys sell better and that's just the way it is and presumably the way it will stay.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Love Alternity Convoy... ill get BOTH the Red and Silver Versions!

14. ultraq

ultraq Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I'm sure its supposed to invoke a Movie vibe. His legs and the way the parts are arranged remind me of Bumblebee.

He even has Automorphing.

16. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered both red and silver Convoys and I'm so glad I did. This looks to be even more sophisticated and articulated than even Binaltech. The proportions are fantastic even with hood-as-chest, he looks powerful yet limber, extremely posable, and diecast to boot. The back doesn't bother me at all. Who can stop looking at his front?

Interesting that he's not shown with any discernable weaponry. I wonder what their role and underlying fiction will be.

It's no surprise that this line would lead off with Convoy. Those that don't (Alternators, Binaltech) are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Looking forward to this line like no other in the past 12-18 months. Bad-ass cars, bad-ass robots, neo-Binaltech philosophy, updated design aesthetic, post-movie engineering. 100% win.

17. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    It seems that he has hidden blasters in the car seats, awesomeness!!!

18. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only weapons on this figure appear to be the twin blasters that fold out from the back of the car seats on the forearms.

19. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

Oh snap. I've been staring at those seats trying to figure out if they were in fact blasters or just sculpted seats, but should have checked the large illustration behind the real car, where they're actually deployed.

Regardless, it appears they're not doing separate handheld weapons here, which I actually think is a good thing.

20. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Looks great. How much is the figure gonna cost?