Click it or Ticket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, May 23, 2009.

?

Do you wear a seatbelt

1. Yes

139 vote(s)
    92.7%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Still gotta disagree here. I'm not going to judge someone's character by something as meaningless and simple as their choice of seatbelt or not. Glad to see you do though, good job!

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It doesn't take every accident. Just the one you're in.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I agree and I've never stated that people shouldn't wear their seatbelts. But I certainly understand the reasoning (even if it isn't sound) of those that do not, and I'm not going to call them cretins for it. At some point, everyone is going to not wear a seatbelt while driving or riding. At some point, and anyone claiming otherwise is a liar.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Don't you miss up the opportunity to make a snarky little comment by discussing the facts from a government website I just presented you with, will you.

5. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is it that if someone chooses not to wear a seat belt they are being judged as a bad driver. I have been driving for 15 years now, very seldom I wear a seat belt and have never gotten in a car accident. I have almost been hit numerous times but b/c I am a good driver I was able to avoid being hit from behind or T-boned by some corporate suit trying to hurry up or some grandma that can't see over the wheel and is sitting on 2 phone books. My aunt got in a car accident a few years back and she was not wearing her seat belt (her choice) and the cop told her that if she would've been wearing it she would probabaly be dead so sometimes wearing a seat belt CAN kill you.

As I stated before, I choose not to wear a seat belt but only as a protest to people in Arkansas being able to ride motorcycles and then are not required to wear helmet....and to make another point, why are there no seat belts on motorcycles...it's a moving vehicle? Motorcycle riders in the state claimed making them wear a helmet took away the freedom of having a bike, but yet they never once thought about the pavment taking away the freedom of living once their head smashed into.

Don't judge everyone that has been given the god given right to choose whether or not to wear a seat belt, you never know....they might drive better then you.

6. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't care what what the statistics say, that's not my point and has nothing to do with it. I never said DON'T wear one.

My point is judging someone's character and driving abilities by whether or not they wear a seatbelt is asinine, completely unfair and biased.

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Good grief, smkspy. Would you read over what you're saying? Leaving aside your often tenuous grasp on the English language (and yes, it does matter), you're arguing for people's rights to fly through car windscreens. That's like arguing against laws on electrical wiring in homes because you might one day want to electrocute yourself.

I'm not even sure there's a point to discussing this with you. You don't seem to be able to comprehend what I'm saying, just respond to something a bit like what you think I said.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Uh-huh.
    You didn't even click it, did you.
    Oh. And since you edited your earlier post:
    Know what?
    If they hit you, and you're not wearing a seatbelt, you're still fucked.

9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No. Not going to, since some government statistics site has nothing to do with my point. You don't seem to want to talk about that - why is that?

10. smkspy

Windshields..not windscreens! Good Grief Charlie Brown!

Sigh...back to grammer police and extreme examples. You really have run out of points I see. Forgive me if my tenuous grasp of the english language isn't bothering me the slightest bit in my intoxicated state.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I didn't think so.
    I get your point. You, however, fail to even consider trying to think about getting mine. Or anyone else's, for that matter. As you would say: Good job!

12. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I always wear my seatbelt, but I think it's crazy that it's against the law not to wear one. If you want to go out and turn yourself into hamburger (or at the very least a Gary Bussey lookalike) that should be your business and your's alone. However, I can see getting a ticket for not have you child buckled in.

13. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I get your point - you think people who don't wear seatbelts are horrible people and should be judged as such. I say it's not that simple.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You know those things you wear on your legs? The ones you call "pants"?
    Well in other countries they call those "trousers".
    You know that big bit of glass in the front the bit of your car you drive it in? The one you call a "windshield"?
    Well in other countries they call those "windscreens".
    No. You don't get it at all.
    My point is that people who don't wear seatbelts are gambling with their lives and the lives of those around them.
    Now. How would you describe someone who knowingly endangers the lives of other people?

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

As smkspy can't seem to grasp that death is a bad thing, or that it's important to use language correctly when attempting to communicate a point, I'm off. Tremors is on, and it's less ******ed than watching someone attempt to defend their right to die in a car.

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Who are they endangering besides themselves, exactly? Did they cut the other seatbelts out of their car so NOBODY could wear one?

17. smkspy

No kidding eh...I had no idea. I guess I have to add culturally ignore to brain damaged.:rolleyes:  :lol  :tongue:  (Note extra smileys to convey a joke.)

18. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I fragging love Darwin. :D 

:lolol 

That's right, think of the paramedics, if you don't want to live! Think of the cleaning crew!

No, we say that they're stupid, and/or suicidal.

Seems like this is accurate.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ah, more snark. How quaint. Anyway.
    You're driving along. Someone is sitting behind you without their belt on. Your car hits another one. The impact propels them forward with such force that their head hits your headrest hard enough to crack your skull open like an egg.
    Or perhaps you're the one without the seatbelt. And when your car gets hit you get thrown around the inside of your car, hitting the person in the passenger seat and seriously injuring them as their head gets smashed against the inside of the car.
    So. While on your planet car crashes may be nice safe little affairs, here on Earth they're bloody dangerous.

20. smkspy

Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing out, yet again, that death is a bad thing. I think you should go and watch Tremors, as you can't have a conversation without resorting to insults.