Clearer Pics of MP Prowl & Bluestreak

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by hanypa, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Nope, I haven't because I could never get one. I tried to forget about it but thanks for reminding me you big jerk. :lol 

2. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

those 2 robotic insect like creature's behind the 2 mp's look so fucking ugly. remind me again why the tf movies did good when there as nothing good about the movie besides the cg.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I for one love HA Barricade and Jazz. That's the funny thing about opinions, eh?

Prowl is looking good! I wasn't expecting him to be just as tall as Sideswipe (the Lambo twins were depicted as being generally bigger than most of the other car Bots) but I'm not too bothered by this.

4. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because people are idiots who like explosions over characterization. Glad I'm not the only TF fan that considers those films AND the robots in those films abominations.

5. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

"Abominations" is far too kind a word imo.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I'm not a big fan of Bay's movies. They're TERRIBLE movies, first of all, and secondly (and by far the lesser crime) they do go a bit overboard in re-imagining Transformers.

HOWEVER... HA Jass is a fantastic figure, and easily one of the more traditional and respectful Bayformer designs. I wish he had a bit more of a face, and proper hands, but otherwise that version of Jazz is a great homage, and probably the best Human Alliance figure of the bunch.

Barricade is also excellently executed, but I think his overall design is much weaker.

zmog

7. Optimus Rhyme

Optimus Rhyme Auto Pot

Ebay:
    They are not transformers of course...but Baysformers.

I don't mind them so much as long as I don't look at them as replacements for those from my childhood.

Baysformers are to Transformers what stouffers is to my moms home cooking.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Word.

zmog

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    All the '84 Autobot Cars were the same height in the cartoon (except for Ironhide & Ratchet, who were taller).

Randy

10. iGrimlock

iGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, it would make more sense for Prowl to have Japanese accurate mirrors. First of all, it is not explicitly implied that the Sky Spy satellite only stayed in the area around the Ark. Secondly, Prowl features a Japanese-specific police car design, so sky spy had to have traveled to Japan to scan Prowl's alt mode. So, in theory, it would be more accurate for Prowl to have the Japanese-style mirrors.

[​IMG]

OMG... it's a clue! Next MP's will be Prowl repainted as Barricade, followed by MP Jazz!

11. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I hope you'll pardon me for adding Trailbreaker to that list of exceptions. ;) 

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/a/a5/MTMTE1-JazzProwlPrimeTrailbreaker.jpg

Then again, Prowl standing in the background seems taller compared to Optimus Prime there than MP-17 measures up to MP-10, so what do I know? :D 

12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Forgot about TB.

Randy

13. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    Seeing the figures next to each other makes me realize how epic the Transformers movies would have been if they used the Classic asthetics as the masterpiece figures depict.

I know this isnt that discussion but its the first time Ive seen those movie figs.

I still want to see a tranformation explanation, Im very interested how they made the legs and feet so compact looking.

14. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

I second that.. The figures were nice, but the fact they were so busy of a design made it hard to really keep track of what the character was doing over the spinning and twisting of the tiny insignificant parts of the characters infrastructure that were mostly irrelevant to exactly the actions it was doing.

Chris

15. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    What I hated with the movie design is all the robots look like Gollum with armor on from LOTR, and all the stupid ass face designs.

16. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    You may be joking, but I would really dig a Barricade repaint of Prowl. Sounds like an easy eHobby idea.

17. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the same thing!

e-hobby exclusive repaint into Barricade would not be surprising. It's easy, and Takara's all about black repaints.

18. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
  19. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see the same thing, and that might only add to me eagerness to get this a figure from this mold in hand. With any luck my preordered MP-17s and MP-18s might arrive before the few reviewers I'm subscribed to on youtube upload their videos.

In the meantime I'm trying to defer my curiosity to seeing how Generations Voyager Blitzwing and Springer look in a review.

20. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    So a "few years" is like, 6-7 years ago and "a VERY close approximation" is a completely different car and a completely different robot?
    I understand people who don't want to spend the cash, but I think that comparison is stretching a lot.