Clearer Image Of Transformers Movie Scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by User_136440, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    So lets review.

In 1999 Neo awoke from the Matrix and was promptly unscrewed and flushed by this bug eyed Mech.

A few weeks later The machines find out who was responsible for hap-hazardly disposing of "The One" and Fire the Mech.

In 2006 Megatron reviews his Resume' and hires him, thus adding him to the Decepticon lineup.

2. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

The hell is wrong with you people. Scorponok has ALWAYS had rediculously large eyes. Don't believe me? FINE! We'll just go through the history of Scorponok's design and see who the bigger nerd is!

G1 Scorponok:

[​IMG]

Okay, so maybe he's not the best example, but there are two others!

BW Scorponok:

[​IMG]

pah! that's not Scorponok!

Surely Energon Scorponok won't make me look like a pompous ass:

[​IMG]

hmmm.... shit..... Apparently Scorponok DOES have some consistency to his head design his various incarnations. (you know, the whole visor over his eyes look). In fact, the biggest deviation is probably Beast Wars Scorponok.

Now let's all shove the "fact" that Starscream has ALWAYS transformed into a monkey by going through every incarnation of him.

3. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Honestly, I could not ask for better CG than what we see here. If he looked any more real, my nose would be gushing blood. I think next year is going to be a very proud year to be a Transformers fan; the action scenes and CG should mop the floors with all the other films.

From a character design standpoint, not much to complain about. He's a giant robot scorpion, can't really say there's a right way to do that. He's definitely very menacing, and comes across like some living torture device. While the eyes are a bit "googley", we'll see how they play on film. When he's chasing after those guys and they're running for their lives, I imagine it'll be difficult to find humor in his soul-piercing eyes.

Not really seeing the point of trying to compare him with previous Scorponok incarnations, as I don't believe any of those incarnations were critiqued for not resembling one another. Really, could we just drop the comparisons of the robot designs to previous incarnations? I think it was established a year ago that the characters would have their own aesthetic, and be their own continuity. On that note, ILM's Scorponok has got to be one of the craziest, more terrifying things to ever be put on film.

4. jono

jono Prime

Oh my God it's shit.
    It actually looks like complete shit.

5. Masterpiece Devastator

Masterpiece Devastator Well-Known Member

interesting.

6. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

He looks more like metal than feces to me...

7. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody know what types of guns those army guys are carrying?
    I know this is a dumb question, but really when has something being dumb stopped anyone from posting it before?

Oh, and Scorpy is the cutest little mudbug I've ever seen! They need to make plushies oughta the guy.

8. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They all look like M4's with a bunch of bells and whistles like the lights and lasers.

9. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

sorry I can't help but fall down laughing at movie Scorponok's face. One of the most crazy things to have ever seen? perhaps. Scariest? not by a long shot.

With luck, maybe the body is better.

10. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if it really bothers me or just confuses me. There's alot of odd stuff going on here. Where are these guys when they get attacked? Why does that guy have PT shirt on, I know the air force is a little relaxed on uniforms but come on what's up? Speaking of uniform I've never seen anyone USAF wear that uniform. Are these guys PJ's?

11. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Eyes aside, I'm looking more at the spinning, mincing, tearing blender/can opener/electric razor arms - that's the terrifying part. Doesn't so much matter what a guy's eyes look like if he's coming at you with the swiss army knives of death for arms :p 

12. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

The bolded part is a darn great approach to the Zentradi. Not original, but it works. Heck, space combat isn't even necessary. The battle tank was a nice touch, thou ;) 

*crosses fingers and hope the geek gods make this happen*

EDIT: And second the plushy of Scorpy, that would so be cute in a Lilo's grotesquely cute rag dolls kind of way.

13. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

No training is enough to prepare you for THAT. Very cool.

14. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

...is that hes ass? or hes "face"

15. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

i wonder if next time it leaks we will see scorpy grab that marine :D 

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Yeah, that was the second thing my eyes glanced over after looking at Scorponok's face. I would definately not want that behind me. Despite whatever weirdness with the shot(i.e. googlie eyes and the USAF t-shirt), this shit is going to look awesome when its in motion.

17. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Are those his eyes? Eh, the rest looks cool.

18. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I hate Scorpo's face.
    And to answer your question, people tend to wear USAF PT gear underneathe their BDU's. I've worn a BDU during training, so that is mandatory at times so it takes less time to change.

19. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

ok, i think this movie looks sharp, but the whole argument of if its not g1 its not transformers is just blown out of porportion really, because alot of ppl reguard beast wars as one of the best transformers series ever, atleast i do, if anything, beast wars is what really puts alot of the transformers mythology in stone, starscream, the sparks, the autobots and decepticons having ancestors, most of the great transformers writing and stories comes from beast wars. now if this movie were taking the beast wars approace, and using characters we didn't know and that were new like beast wars did, i think the fan reaction to this would be compelety different. say for example bumble bee, the movie bumble bee does not look like bumble bee, say he was a different character, a new character, i think ppl would be more accepting of him. now if this was beast wars and cheetor was supposed to be bumble bee just because he had the same colors, that would be all wrong. same thing with the movie starscream, if that was a new character and not starscream, i think he would be freaking awesome! but as starscream, hes just not starscream. scroponok i can handle, hes a scorpion, so what we've seen is fitting, its different but fitting. the other designs just arn't fitting for the characters their supposed to be, if they were different characters, this would be a compelety different story, or atleast i think so and i think there's ppl who would agree with me.

20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    looks just like a robot from the Matrix, way too go Bay and crew /sarcasm