1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Customs: Clear Sealer and soft bendy parts on customs

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Prometheum5, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi all,
    I recently did a custom job on a movie Landmine my mom got me as a present, and I've run into a problem... the pliable parts like the running-boards and the tires have gone sticky from a reaction with something I applied... I'm assuming it's the clear sealer (krylon matte), and was wondering if there's something else I can apply to make them un-sticky... how've any of you guys dealt with parts like this in the past?

Thanks!!
    Ben

2. optimusawesome

optimusawesome Well-Known Member

I have heard of useing future floor wax. but I havn't tried it yet.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yep, future. though I don't like krylon's clear coat. I've used future and model master's clear coats and never had any troubles with either.