Clear photo of TakaraTomy Menasor

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Apr 3, 2015.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have only a question.

How are Wildrider and Motormaster in terms of quality? Over here in the States with the US versions, they tend to be floppy (in the case of Motormaster) and separate and won't stay together (Wildrider).

Are the Takara Tomy versions any better, or pretty much the same? I know they usually try and make their versions of the figures as pristine as possible.

Thanks, in advance.

2. bumblewheelie

bumblewheelie Decepticon Forever

Now please make a Trailer for MM that will transform MM into a decent Torso piece...:) 

3. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sad to say the Takara versions aren't improved. Wildrider and Dead End both have trouble staying together, and the arms on Motormaster dislodge easily in combined mode, very much unlike the CW Optimus I have. His legs don't seem floppy though.

I also find that the CW Dragstrip feels more solid and less floppy than the Takara version for some reason, as well as much better looking.

4. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Ouch. That's not a good sign. The biggest draw of UW Superion was the improved QC, one has to wonder what happened here.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    How about the figure just isn't as good as Superion? In combined mode mine was just a floppy mess and I'm in the process of getting rid of my Menasor.

I just don't find him well engineered at all compared to his other combiners. Both Superion and Defensor really blow Menasor away in engineering and execution.

6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    They look good, particularly Motormaster (love that dark black with purple and silver). I wish Dead End has his gold/yellow stripe though; he looks naked without it. Personally, I don't mind Dragstrip being mostly yellow in vehicle mode (but the Hasbro purple does help break up all that yellow in bot mode). Wildrider and Breakdown look pretty similar to their Hasbro counterparts.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, poo. I thought Takara would fix Wildrider's mold and tighten it up some. My guess is mold degradation has begun setting in. It's had 4 US uses, as well as 2 Japanese uses, plus whatever the club has in mind for it. All in less than a year. I'd say that mold is suffering major fatigue. Still, sucks to hear. :( 

Motormaster really disappoints me. Love the coloring on him, but no point in paying import prices for the exact same thing I already have for much less. Thank you for responding, I appreciate it.

Maybe a rush job? Perhaps they didn't have time to tweak the production? Just a theory. Could also be that they're just wonky molds and lemons are unavoidable. It's a shame. They look so nice.

As much as it pains me, because I do like my Hasbro Menasor, I have to agree here. Just not as solid an effort or design unlike it's fellow linemates.

Poo, I say. Poo.

8. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just as an update: I got a second set in, and yes, the Motormaster in that set also does not have arms that lock together properly in combined mode.

Unless I somehow got two bum sets in a row, i'm afraid that this version isn't any better than the Hasbro release.

I have to say, compared to their stellar Superion, which is almost a perfect combiner, Menasor leaves a hell of a lot to be desired. Between the unlocking arms, wobbly knees, and the splitting apart of Deadend and Wildrider, it's a pretty unimpressive set.

9. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I supppose it mostly depends on your luck. I just got my UW Superion and Skydive's left arm is so floppy that it can't even hold a little gun properly and the joints for the rest of the figures are not really tighter than the Hasbro versions I used to own.

This "Takara's QC is superior" is waaay overblown.