Clean versions of the G1 Opening Themes?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by shamanking282, Feb 8, 2017.

1. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's been a lot of discussion of a possible release of the BGM from the original cartoon, but something I never hear about are the 3 versions of the classic theme song. Do high quality recordings exist? Especially without sound effects.

2. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    To my knowledge... you aren't getting anything other than what we have now

3. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Most of the music that's been circulating in fan circles is just background music with the dialogue and SFX removed using audio software.

I would be surprised if the forthcoming CD release of the music would use anything that crude - for this to be viable, they must surely have access to the original elements. Although what the state of the archive is, I don't know. Even for something like Doctor Who (which employs a dedicated music/sound archivist and for which there have been dozens of CD releases and box-sets over the years), there are a few cues and pieces here and there which are either missing entirely or the master tapes are irrevocably damaged.

The recent MOTU soundtrack album had a few different versions of the opening theme (including clean instrumental versions etc.) - hopefully Sunbow's music archive is just as well-maintained as Filmation's!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. Darker

Darker The Lord of the Dark

News Credits:
    Didn't someone already post the original series' soundtrack somewhere?

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
  6. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Maybe you're thinking of the Sunbow Transformer Soundtrack Restoration Project from a few years ago, which involved a Kickstarter fundraiser. As I mentioned upthread, this basically involved a group of dedicated fans ripping the audio from the DVD releases and digitally erasing the dialogue/SFX to get to the music underneath.

They did a great job with the source material (some of the cues cleaned up very well indeed), but inevitably there are moments where the software had trouble separating the sounds, resulting in a rather muffled listen on occasion.

You can Google it yourself if you wish; I don't think it's right to post a link to a site that essentially hosts pirated music (they don't own the copyrights) for free. Better to wait for the authorised release which - as I said previously - will be of much higher quality.

To be honest, when I heard about these official Sunbow soundtrack releases, I was more interested in finally getting the Jem soundtrack and the Visionaries theme on CD, than any Transformers music!

7. Darker

Darker The Lord of the Dark

News Credits:
    No, I actually mean something that was posted recently around here somewhere, if I'm not mistaken. The quality was pretty good.

8. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    The "Transformers History of Music" CD collection had the themes for seasons 1 and 2 but those had the sound effects.

9. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is the Season 3 verison that is on Youtube that has the sound effects removed.

10. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's another that has Season 1 without the soundfx