Minor/Repaint: Classicsverse Wildrider

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by strangeguy32000, Nov 4, 2012.

1. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Movieverse Wildrider

Yesterday, I decided I'd repaint my Cyberfire Bumblebee "Killer Bee" into a more Recognizable Decepticon. Since Cyberfire BB is mostly Black with Yellow details on the front and Red tinted clear bits I decided he'd be better as the Stunticon Wildrider.
    It kind of fits, though. The Stunticons WERE created to make the Autobots look bad, and what better Autobot to make look bad than Bumblebee.
    As I have said before, I turned Cyberfire Bee into Killer Bee by Sanding down some of the Front end of the vehicle mode (Thereby Exposing Gnarly patches of Black plastic), Scratching out the Silver Autobrand on the rear Quarter panel, and Etching "Killer Bee" into the Spoiler.
    To further turn "Killer Bee" into Wildrider, I Painted the Spoiler Flat Black. Any Eagle-eyed observer might spot the words "Killer Bee" still Etched into the spoiler.
    [​IMG]
    I also added a spattering of Glossy Red Paint onto the Front end of the Vehicle Mode (while the toy was in vehicle Mode) as well as some dry brushed patches of gloss Red to simulate blood splattering from some of this Insane Stunticon's Crowd-Ramming sprees. (Any Eagle-eyed observer might also note some Red Paint on the tires... Same reason)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've started Repainting some of the Robot mode as well. The Top of BB's Head is now Black where it was yellow, and the silver section will soon be Brick Red. I'm gonna see if I can simulate what Hasbro did with Generations Kup and Drybrush some Blue on his Optics thereby preserving the Light-piping and altering the optics color.
    I'm also going to completely repaint the Yellow Robot Limbs to a Dark Grey.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I c BB + blood... nice try

3. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

No offense, but don't post Classicsverse for something that is very far from it. It's cool with the blood, but Wildrider, no chance my man.

4. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow he looks terrific with blood

5. strangeguy32000

Its meant to be movieverse Wildrider. I don't have enough grey paint right now to cover all the black sections of this figure, He's meant to be the a Decepticon version of Bumblebee (Much like RiD Scourge was meant to be a sinister version of Optimus Prime) Created as a Stunticon for much of the same reason the G1 Stunticons were created. To make the humans believe the mostly ground-based Autobots were rampaging. Since BB is possibly one of the most recognizable Autobots, I thought a redeco of HIM as a stunticon would be appropriate.
    If I ever get ahold of a second Red Ratchet, He's becoming Breakdown.

6. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Read your title.

7. Godzilock Prime

Godzilock Prime Well-Known Member

Murder Bee now lives up to his name... *pisses pants*

8. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Not really a Wildrider, but I imagine this interpretation of BB would make Stephen King proud.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

I like the blood splatter effect.

10. strangeguy32000

Now that I have some actual Grey paint (and know how to use it thanks to Shinobi66)This former DOTM Bumblebee is now almost completely grey and I've removed those stupid Racing curtains (Never understood why the DOTM Bumblebee mold had those) from the Driver and Passenger Sides so Wildrider can Run down Civilians and Autobots alike with the windows up (Which also makes the vehicle mode look more like the Stunticon). The Left Bicep has been painted Red Save for the Elbow and shoulder armor (Which has been repainted to Grey just like on the original) All this was done a few weeks ago, and the Tires still carry the bright Red "Splatter" from my initial painting. When I finish this thing, I'll give wildrider a Splatter and dry brushing on the leading edges with Testor's Enamel Clear Red to more emulate Blood splatter. I'll have to post update pictures some time in the future, I've not got time tonight and I'm afraid I've got Jury Duty tomorrow.

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks awesome with the blood splatters.

12. daelf1980

daelf1980 Well-Known Member

blood splatter looks good. im not a fan of the movieverse heads though. i have virtually no movie figures because of this. youve done solid paint. take pride in that.