Classics-verse Vs G1-verse

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TwilightNero, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Well, in that case it would just be the Autobots fighting themselves with different looks.

In human terms, we're talking 2011 Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1980s retro clothes with a 1980s retro haircut fighting 2010 Arnold Schwarzenegger in modern clothes with a modern haircut.

2. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    sometimes theres a lot to be said about a new wrapper.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I vote Classics because I like them better. Popularity contest FTW!

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

They are called tech specs people, if you want a numerical way to see if any given group has x amount of chance to beat any other given group, along with a few other various random factors.

I would bet any given group of the same G1 V Classicsverse bots would battle to draws or pretty close to it more often than not.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Okay, here is why I don't care about "hero versus hero" scenarios:

There are usually no stakes. If a hero fights a villain, there are stakes. The villain wants to kill the hero, he wants to the hero's his friends, he wants to destroy the world, etc., and the hero has to stop him. Those fights can be interesting, if written well.

Two good guys fighting... why? For what? What's at stake there? Just watching a fight to see who wins bores be. It's even more boring than a sports match. In a sports match, the winning side scores, rises in rank, becomes champion, etc. What does a good guy whose job is keeping the world safe gain from fighting another good guy with a similar job?

Besides: It has been my opinion for a long time that the outcome of any given battle (unless we're talking stuff like "G1 Wheelie vs. G1 Unicron in physical one-on-one combat") ultimately depends on the writer. Does the writer want Optimus Prime to defeat Megatron to suit his plot? Then Optimus Prime will win. Does the writer want Megatron to be victorious? Then he will be. Trying to argue stats and decide the outcome of a battle purely based on physical and mental skills is completely moot, because unless there's a referee ensuring that it's a purely straightforward one-on-one combat with no additional gadgets or room for improvisation, there are so many additional factors to take into consideration. And when you have opponents that are literally the same guys in different duds, it's even more absurd.

Ultimately, "who would win?" is just a popularity contest. "Who is cooler, G1 Optimus Prime or Classics Optimus Prime?" That's also boring, but I can theoretically give an answer to that which makes more sense. "Versus" topics are essentially an attempt to quantify preference.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

sure! but since i only have one cartoon adaption to go by...

i have no choice but to compare the toys instead! :lol