Classics/Universe Swerve for sale on Chevrolet website!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Icespark, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I am at the payment screen in the checkout, and it says my shipping is free o_O 
    WTF?

I'll take that!

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, dude. It's not the Swindle mold at ALL. Not even remotely close. It just happens to have doors on the arms and the legs formed from the rear end. But the design and style are utterly different. Swerve is really a very nice toy, I've been quite happy with the one I got on eBay.

-EDIT- Whoops, yeah, I don't know why I was thinking the logo on the new Universe stuff if the same, it's not. My mistake. I think the rest of this still holds up though.-EDIT- The new Universe is essentially a resumption of the old line, with a somewhat redfined scope to act as a catchall line for anything that isn't the current "mainline", including new Classics molds, Robot Heroes, etc. Swerve gets classed there since he's a sort of random outside character, that just happens to be official and designed in movie style due to when he was being designed and, undoubtedly, Chevy's desire to use the movie as promotion. Placing him in Universe also let's Hasbro keep Paramount's greedy mitts off of any profits that the figure might generate.

He'd be the very first figure in the new line, actually. See rambling on why that would be the case above, heh.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  3. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats about what my total came to also.... so I guess that means I paid for 3?

Has anyone gotten a confirmation e-mail back yet?

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yes guys, on top of the shipping is another fee.

So $45 is before the additional $45 administration fee and whatever fees US customs hits you with. You're looking at over $100 for this guy.

I'll take my chances that the US Chevy Store will get them.

5. jmandawg

jmandawg Well-Known Member

I was about to pick up 2 until i got to this screen, shipping cost more than my whole order:

Please check to agree to the terms and conditions for the shipment of an international order.

We want to inform you that the cost and administration fee of € 35,00 will be charged to your credit card at the time of shipping. Charges for brokerage and duty (assessed by your government) will be collected at the time of delivery (we cannot give any estimates for these charges). These additional charges are often higher than the value of the ordered merchandise. Your freight will be based on the actual weight and dimensions of the box used for your order. Due to custom restrictions, product CANNOT be returned.

International orders ship via UPS International Express. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee delivery dates. If merchandise is held in Customs, we have no control on this.

6. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

This is way too much money on a deluxe toy... screw this

7. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

*stare*
    the costs on this are insane, just like the costs on botcon exclusives.

8. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My total of $50 Euros was confirmed on the last order page (when it was too late to back out) and in an email I got right after I hit complete order.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'd get him if he was available in the US for a reasonable amount... all this trying to figure out what it'll be after shipping, customs, and crazy charges that I didn't bother to read about because i had already lost interest... not worth it.

10. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

seems to be throwing random amounts in your basket ;)  eventually I sorted it and I got 2 shipped to the Uk for about $45 ;) 

11. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

Chevy Store Swerve

I Just Bought One,and My Total Was 48 Pounds(that Was The 12+ Pounds For The Figure And That 35 Pound Shipping Fee).I Will Let Everybody Know If I Got Charged Even More When It Shows Up On My Credit Card.I Live In New York ,don't Know If That Means Anything As Far As More Or Less Charges.

12. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just re-read my confirmation email and this is what it says:

Aveo Transformer Toy £ 8.60 £ 8.60 3 £ 25.80
    Documentation Fee - International Shipping £ 25.00 £ 25.00 1 £ 25.00
    Subtotal: £ 50.80
    Shipping: £ 0.00*
    Tax: £ 0.00+
    Total: £ 50.80

So shipping and tax/duty haven't even been applied yet. Oh well. Like buying a lottery ticket I guess.

13. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Okay, here is the link for the US Chevy Help Center internal mail. (They don't just have an address, probably to stop bots)
    http://www.chevrolet.com/contactus/getinformation/

I suggest we ALL go through it, tell them that we really really REALLY want Swerve in the US, and maybe they'll acquiesce our request. Also, who do we have that goes to other sites? Let's get this movement spread through the fandom.

China only had 2000 Swerves, and they used them, to my knowledge. Either Hasbro made more than that, or they are still producing Swerve. This is our chance to get one of the better Deluxe class Exclusives for cheap.

Anyone else on board with this idea?

14. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Well I foolishly ordered one thinking the almost $75 before shipping was going to be all I had to pay. I sent an email asking for them to cancel my order, but I doubt that'll happen. If it doesn't, does anyone want to order the figure from me?

15. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ordered 3. Even with the silly extra fee, it's still equals less than trying to get them on ebay. And I can always sell or trade one later on if I need to to.

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Why so many capitalized words? I mean, really... why? Doesn't that take longer? Do you have a program that does it all for you?

:) 

zmog

17. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    so does anyone know the actual total cost with shipping to the US?

18. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not yet. I'll let you know when it shows up on my statement. Might not be pretty.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was interested, but this is making the shipping for toys from China look downright reasonable by comparison.

I had enough of heavy-duty shipping costs from Europe when I made the mistake of Ebaying some computer gear from England.

20. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I guess if I charge the toy to my U.S. based credit card, but ship it to London, I'd avoid the $45 processing fee, right? 'Cause I have some friends in London.... in fact, some of the U.K. base dealers should bring these toys to Botcon. :p 

-airfox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.