Minor/Repaint: Classics/Universe Sunstreaker My first repaint!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rcaswell, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Rcaswell

Rcaswell Well-Known Member

Hello all!

Well I was finally inspired to start trying to customize my collection by Massdestruction's "Supernatural Metallicar". While this isn't the custom I had in my head, I figured I ought to start small to get my feet wet.

This was just my attempt to punch up Sunstreaker's alt mode. I still have some touch-ups to do, but I was actually suprised with how my first attempt using spray-paint and some dry brushing went.

So I thought it was only right to share how it's started to come out with the people who inspired me to start doing this (and with the tutorials, taught me how to do this).

While it's nothing groundbreaking with the mold, it makes me that much happier with my collection (Generations Jazz, you might be next). So thank you all.

Attached Files:

2. seanb47

seanb47 FB: SBee's Custom Creations/ IG @Sbee_75

Ebay:
    :thumb 

3. Mal

Mal Web Head

keep up the good work.

4. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow good job I'm suprised the yellow came out so smooth, what spray did you use

5. Rcaswell

Thank you!

The yellow is the base plastic. I just spent a loooong time cleaning it trying to get it prepped for painting. So it got to looking fresh out of the package.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The black looks really good. Especially for a first attempt. I would suggest disassembly first next time. Might help reduce the overspray, especially between the panels.

7. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

This looks great. especially for your first work. If you need any help, myself and I'm sure the alot of others here are more that willing to offer tips and advise. Not to mention the numerous tutorials that are available toy you, here. Soo good luck and welcome!! :) 

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    congrats on the work... I'm also just now getting into painting my figures.. keep it up

9. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This looks nice. The only thing I would do different is to chrome the grey parts of the air intake on top. Any robot mode pics. This really is very good.

10. daelf1980

daelf1980 Well-Known Member

good start. the little touchups really wind up making a world of difference i find.

11. Rcaswell

Heh. I did disassemble it. I used a new spray can and I think I only held it 10" away from the parts. I masked all the sections, I think I just need to seal the tape better and be more vigilant on the distance.

The tutorials have taught me much, and reading the W.I.P. threads have helped so much. But if I run into a snag with the next (slightly more involved) repaint or the retool I have in mind I know where to come.

Oooo, what's your first project?

I haven't gotten any chrome supplies yet. The repaints and remold I have in mind didn't call for it. But I was thinking about getting the reprolabels so the spoiler can look chromed.

I'm finding a toothpick with a touch of paint thinner is rapidly becoming my best friend.