Minor/Repaint: Classics style G1 flavor Shockwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ZedzDead, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    Hi, this is a custom i started on a few weeks ago and got around to it in my spare time. i still have a little work to do to it. it has 3 modes; gun, turret, and bot. i did a lot of epoxy work on it. notice the areas on either side of his head as well as the arms. and also did my best to conceal the screw holes and got rid of the landing gear on both legs (cyclonus legs duh). also filled in the hollow areas on the inside of the thighs. hand is from WFC BB. cannon is from energon megs black tank. Chrome is actually Air Duct chrome tape. very handy for doing simple chrome on TFs. wire is from an RCA cable with wires removed. i am waiting on my cannons from Megatron31. cant wait. i really wanted to bring out some G1 in the design, so i opted for Chrome upper legs,and bits and pieces on the arms. added a little extra here and there. i like it. it goes very well with other classics styled figs. looks tons better than stock FOC SW. and WOW does the camera pic EVERYTHING up lol. looks much better in person. more (better) pics to come~enjoy ZedzDead

Attached Files:

2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I love it!

3. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    Well, shit. Now I have to buy one. And a Cyclonus.And some chrome duct tape. Thanks buddy. lol

4. raptordriver

raptordriver Well-Known Member

I never thought of using duct tape for chroming before...I mean you can use it for almost anything so why not chroming?

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    awesomeNESS!!!

6. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    thats one reason why i posted it. i for the most part have gotten out of customizing, and mainly do them at random to fit my collection. i really haven't posted any customs for quite a while. i really wanted to show others that little trick. it comes in very handy when silver paint just wont do. when you apply it, you have to smooth it out with a credit card and wax paper. you do not want to go back and forth on the chrome tape with the credit card otherwise you will scratch the finish. put the wax paper between the card and cheome tape. you also have to be aware of where other pieces interact with the application. it will "dent" the finish and you will be forced to iron it out again with the credit card.

i really hope fellow radicons run with the idea. it has served me well. Z

7. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's pretty cool Zed! Good post man!

8. seanb47

seanb47 FB: SBee's Custom Creations/ IG @Sbee_75

Ebay:
    I actually have the Gray colored Shockwave right before the Transformers came through Hasbro to America.Not a bad G1 style replica.I guess it would have been really hard to make the wire stick into the outside of the arm like the original.The chrome does work well on this too.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Impressive.

10. cheetor71