Classics Stunticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by escutler, Nov 1, 2012.

1. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Hey all,

Since GDO Dead End came out, I have been tempted to try to put together a set of modern-age Stunticons (not the Animated style, like the Botcon set). CHUG-style would be preferred, if possible, but not mandatory. I have some ideas of how to do this using existing figures, but the results are not necessarily ideal. Have any of you tried this? What have you come up with? Here are my thoughts:

1) Wildrider- GDO Dead End. Even though he is named "Dead End", he is clearly meant to be a Wildrider homage, with the dark grey vehicle, red windshield, and red robot face. However, he is only scout size, so he will be smaller than other team members (assuming I am going for Deluxe size as a standard). Also, he kinda has that movie aesthetic, so it can be argued he does not fit in with the "CHUG" crowd.

2) Breakdown- ROTF Scout Brakedown. He has the Breakdown colors down perfectly, and a nice mold (same as GDO Dead End above), but he also has the same potential drawbacks as GDO Dead End (size, movie aesthetic, etc.).

3) Dragstrip- Universe SE-03 Dragstrip. This one is the Classics Mirage repaint, which means it has a great mold, fits the CHUG aesthetic, and it a nice Deluxe size, so this one is a clear winner. He does not fit in with the above two, though, aesthetic-wise. Alternately, DOTM Human Alliance Basic Drag Strip has the right colors and movie aesthetic to match the other two members, but the mold is kinda "meh". Same thing goes for PowerCore Combiners Leadfoot.

4) Dead End- ?? I just don't know about this one. I am looking for that nice maroon alt mode color, plus that yellow, off-center stripe (if possible). Not sure who would be a good fill-in for him.

5) Motormaster- Classics Voyager Nemesis Prime/Black Optimus Prime? With Legends Motorbreath nice, but wayyyy too small, this is the only choice I can think of that has a nice black truck mode and a good size. Unfortunately, no figure I can think of comes really close to the G1 Motormaster look, so I guess this one comes closest, unless you guys have a better idea.

So, what do you think of these choices? Did I miss any really obvious/better choices? Did I overlook some good possibilities from older series, like the Unicron Trilogy (which I don't know very well)? Let me know. Thanks for your input!

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm getting Fansproject Stunticons. I'm gonna get GDO Dead End but because I don't have the mold, not because I'm gonna use him as Classics. Have you considered TFCC Breakdown?

3. escutler

News Credits:
    I totally forgot about the TFCC Breakdown from the subscription service! Yes, that one will be a must-have for this set. Thanks for the reminder.

Regarding Universe Drag Strip, yep- he is already on the list as a top choice.

4. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got the same dilemma and as of now all I've got is a set of misfit stunticons similar to what you've got listed. I have a spare RTS Jazz that I want to customize for Deadened. The best stand in for now seems to be movie Swerve with the Deadened reprolabels. Gives you a nice vehicle mode for Deadened, but a whither robot. All of them are pretty shifty likenesses in robot mode though.

I was hoping that the FP Stunticons would have vehicle.modes closer to their G1 selves but as long ad they get the colors right I think those will be my ultimate classics.

5. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    kinda my problem with the prime line, we got breakdown and dead end (kinda) and are getting the SUPER sexy Wildrider. If Nemesis prime had purple plastic instead of red I'd buy him for motormaster and paint Knockout Yellow.

6. escutler

News Credits:
    I didn't know about the Dead End Reprolabels set for Swerve- sounds cool. Shame the robot mode doesn't really work, though. I do intend to get the FP Stunticons- when are they due out now?

I agree- Prime has the right names, but the alt modes and robots don't really match the G1 colors/style, though.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    getting fansproject

right now i have universe drag strip, rotf breakdown, and titanium menasor

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm fine with my Arms Micron Breakdown. In my personal fanon, Breakdown guzzles a gas pump of premium energon and becomes over weight like Bulkhead.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Beat me to it.

So the list currently for me would be:

Motormaster - Nemesis Prime
    Dragstrip - Universe Dragstrip
    Wildrider - Henkei Wildrider
    Breakdown - TFCC Brakedown/Breakdown
    Dead End - nobody, until Hasbro or Takara do an official release. Tony don't repurpose.

11. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Classics Stunticons won't have a place in my collection till a combining team comes out in CHUG. I mean there'll be members in there in random spots in my CHUG Decepticon display, such as Subscription Service Breakdown, but none displayed together(along with Spastic) with each other as a team. Not till they get a proper official combiner team release.

12. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I am absolutely loving the use of GDO Dead End as Wildrider, ROTF Breakdown as Breakdown, DOTM HA Dragstrip as Dragstrip!

For Motormaster, how about Cyberverse Commander Megatron from the Target exclusive pack.

[​IMG]

Maybe ROTF Dead End for Dead End? Not totally sold, but the best I could come up with for him so far.

[​IMG]

I think this team would look fabulous together! Although Motormaster might be slightly small, I'm still going with it.

13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    nail has met head with Classics Drag Strip and Tfcc Breakdown
    as for the others.....

Dead End-redeco retool rts Jazz, use one of the alternate heads, replace speakers with small guns that stow in the same space

Wildrider-redeco/retool of universe 2 Sunstreaker, yes Breakdown uses the same mold technically, but he uses the Sideswipe robot mode, so using the Sunstreaker bot mode does still give us a new figure. and their car modes were kinda similar anyways. anywhoo Wildrider would need a new head. second idea, just use the upcoming Arms Micron Wildrider, since the gdo line uses Prime molds for classics now anyways

Motormaster-there are no really good examples of figures that could work for a modern update of the old motormaster design, so i'd change him, make him a car carrier instead of regular semi cab, with that in mind, i nominate a redecoed RID Ultra magnus. he's big, already has a boxy head, and can carry the other Stunticons in his alt mode. maybe replace his ginormous gun accessory with a new sword.

14. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    For the hell of it, I did:
    1. Motormaster - Nemesis Prime
    2. Drag Strip - Universe Drag Strip
    3. Dead End - RotF Deluxe Dead End
    4. Breakdown - RotF Scout Brakedown
    5. Wildrider - RtS BiS Rodimus

Why not have Knock Out be Dead End? Knock Out is that red color, and the character is vain in appearance. That smirk could be for knowing that death is near. Dead End could be a "Dia de los Muertos/Halloween" Drag Strip?

Like that Nemesis Prime? :) 

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, these are my Stunticons at the moment, though I favor repainting either the Voyager DOTM Megatron or Sentinel Prime into Motormaster.

16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm doing this at the moment too. Got two Dragstrips so I can give him the proper wheel configuration, tfcc Breakdown, Henkei Wildrider, and gonna use an RTS Jazz for Dead End. I was toying with the idea of using a ko Classics Nemesis Prime for Motormaster but he is too small so have gone with Galaxy Convoy as alot of customisers have had good results with him.

17. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This is pretty much my CHUG Stunticon team as well. Wish we'd get a large-ish Voyager Motormaster from Has/Tak someday along with the only re-deco we didn't get of Special Ops Jazz, Dead End.

18. escutler

News Credits:
    I love the idea of DOTM black Megatron repaint as Motormaster- great idea! Makes a nice alt mode, at least, even though Bot mode wouldn't really work.

Thanks for the other suggestions, also, everyone! I don't think I will ever own a Henkei Wildrider due to the price, unfortunately, so I will have to stick with GDO Dead End. I guess ROTF Scout Dead End or Prime Knock Out make OK alt mode stand-ins for Dead End, although neither really replicate the look/deco all that well. Hopefully Hasbro will give us a true updated Dead End sometime soon.

19. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    now that i really think on it, Prime is closer to cranking out all of the Stunticons. they already have Breakdown, Deadend (even if he is an undead Jamaican flag on wheels), Takara's about to make Wildrider. so all we're missing is Dragstrip and Motormaster (methinks a retooled Ultra Magnus would work well)

meanwhile in the Classics side we have Dragstrip and Breakdown, but are still waiting for proper Deadend, Wildrider and Motormaster

20. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    motormaster = fans project nemsisprime for me
    dragstrip - universe dragstrip
    wilrider - will be the tf prime one that is comeing
    breakdown - is the scout class verson from just after rotf
    dead end - well there is rotf swerve who is preety close

I do plan to get a breakdown toy be at chms one or other lol

also saying this none of these can combine which is a sore point as i like menasaur more then the seprate characters in this case cant say the same for the superions group, give it time hasbro will get around to every character sooner or later just give them time

heck there is even hope for a g1 arcee considering how majour she is in prime this lot of classics toy is a good chance to push her out even if she is a motor bike