Customs: classics starscream - pin question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by MasterDeath, Mar 12, 2011.

1. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Hi guys, been meaning to do this for a couple of years now, just never gotten round to it. One of the fists is the wrong way round (typical hasbro nonsense) and I am wanting to know what end does the pin come out? cannot really tell just by looking.

Going on robot mode, is it the top or the bottom?

Thanks guys.

2. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Anyone?

3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I've honestly never noticed it myself. Of the pins I've tried to remove for a customer seeker, I've never noticed a preference on which side it comes out on. I wish I could be of better help to you. :( 

*edit* when I get home from work in the morning here....i'll take a look at a spare acid storm to see. I'll get back with you once I find out.

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    one end of the pin has the cross hatching to give it more bite and hold in the plastic

if you look at both ends of the pin while its still in you can usually see that one end is near as perfect looking of a circle and it is typically not inserted as far and tends to be more flush with the plastic

once the above is identified start from the OPPOSITE end

now its not a absolute but most of the time i have found that this is right

good luck

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yup, you're right. For the spare acid storm I just semi dismantled (just removed the pin from the left arm's wrist), the cross hatching megatron mentioned appeared to be on the "front" side of the forearm, or "top" of the forearm (whichever you refer it to). I removed the pin by pushing it out from the top end down (which probably is the wrong way to do it) and it took a while.

6. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

fixed. Thanks guys.