Minor/Repaint: Classics RID Super Mach Alert (Super Powl)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Massdestruction, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

This is my Classics R.I.D. Super Mach Alert (Super Powl).

I used Transformers Prime Wheeljack because of the vehicle’s resemblance to the original and for the similarities in the transformation and robot look. I also used the Prime mold so that he will look good together with the other Robots in Disguise car brothers: Super Wildride/ Super X-Brawn and Speedbreaker/Side Burn; which I will be kitbashing using Prime Beast Hunters Bulkhead and Smokescreen.

The head is molded using Revenge of the Fallen Brawn for his helmet and Dark of the Moon Sideswipe for his face. The spoiler is made using the spoiler from Prime Beast Hunters Smokescreen. The missile launchers and the missile shafts are from Prime Beast Hunters Smokescreen with the flames molded using the flame missiles from Universe Inferno. The police light bar is from Universe Inferno. Blue and red plastics were inserted into screw holes on each of the shoulders to mimic the blue and red globes on the original figures shoulders. Other details were carved into the chest to mimic the tailpipes on the original figure’s chest. The police wording and Autobot symbols were printed on ordinary paper and super glued to the figure. No other major modifications were made.

I used enamels to paint him. Colors used were Testors flat gray, gloss black, silver, gold, flat white and sea blue for the figure and yellow and Krylon glow orange for the flames. I then used Krylon Matte Finish spray to flatten the colors and protect the paint on the figure and Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze spray for the flames.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Primon4723

Primon4723 Autobot

Looks awesome! :D 

3. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    ive been wanting to a doa prime sideburn from smokescreen forever. just wish i could find a cheap one ... but good luck!

this looks great but wht does his head look like the villians from a childrens scifi cartoon?

4. TheShockwave48

TheShockwave48 Kinda sorta artist

News Credits:
    Cool!!!!

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    nicely done!!!!

6. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    yet another great use and execution to this versatile mold.
    everything looks crisp and clean like an official hastak release,just needs the target/sight thing over one of his eyes now;) 

7. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well done!

8. Massdestruction

Well, I'd suggest checking out your closest Walmart if possible. I found a few BH Smokescreens and BH Prowls on clearance there for $7.

As for the face:
    RID Prowl's face was a bit odd in the show. [​IMG]
    Plus I wanted the face to be more mechanical than the cartoony asthetic of the Prime show. Though I guess I may have overcompensated and threw it too close to the movie asthetic. But I'm happy with it.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This rocks.

10. TF Hunter D

TF Hunter D Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was thinking of doing a Classics RID Carobots set at one time. Couldn't decide which mold to use for Mach Alert. Wheeljack or vehicon (who actually has a more faithful robot mode to MA). Nice job here.

11. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This is fantastic.

12. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry but the head is killing an awesome work. It looks a bit globby and i guess not quite as you have envision it.

Of course, this is just MY opinion and it's worth is what it's worth, if you're happy with it, hey..i'm happy too

13. Massdestruction

I understand why you feel that the head is globby. Unfortunately close-ups are never a custom head's friend due to the fact that you are taking a head that measures 1/2 inch and showing it at 200%-1000% it's real size. Details get pretty chunky at that size. Plus camera flash mucks things up too.

I'm not saying that the face came out perfect and the spray matte finish didn't do the details any favors. What I am saying is that n person it looks ALOT cleaner and crisper.

Am I 100% happy with it, no. But I am not 100% happy wth any of my bashes. I just reach a point where I can live with the imperfections and move on to my next bash, cause I know if I didn't then I wouldn't get even 10% of the bashes I want to do done. Plus, if I really feel it needs it, I could always go back and change the head in a few years like I did with my Ultra Magnus.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That is amazing. Love It!

15. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

I really like this.

16. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

wow it looks very very awesome, like an actual show character in Prime :D 

17. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

That is a beautiful repaint.

Sooooooooo much better than the Beast Hunters version.

18. Massdestruction

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments. After years of hearing how I needed to work on my detailing and how 'thick' my paint always was, it feels good to be improving.

Yeah, even though I'm using Beast Hunters Bulkhead and Smokescreen for his bash brothers, the regular Prime Wheeljack mold worked best for him. Though I wouldn't mind getting ahold of a Beast Hunters Wheeljack or 2 for cheap to try some different bashes with. (I had picked up this Wheeljack at Five Below for $5 and Beast Hunters Bulkhead and Smokescreen at Walmart for $7.)