Classics Rereleased in Generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Haloid1177, Aug 9, 2010.

1. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    Since I missed on a bunch of Classics and Universe 2.0 figures, I would definitely love it if Hasbro re-released some of them! However, I don't think Hasbro has been known to re-release Transformers with the exception of a few with slight variations (Bumblebee). But it would be great for us who missed on some!

Now.....Star Wars figures is a totally different story with their saga legends. All the main figures get rereleased in new packaging every year.

On the other hand, they did have a "Fan's Choice" on a few Star Wars figures about 3 years ago maybe? They could potential do that with Generations....

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    You know, of lately, I've been really surprised with the amount of people who actually missed these when they were originally released. I understand certain situations can come up, (lack of funds, etc.). But it seems like the "Classics Boat" was missed by quite a few people, who are now having to hunt them down.

3. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    At the time i bought a couple (rodimus, bee and jetfire) because at the time alternaors was th primary focus for my collection. Classics seemed to be a filler line and was a nice novelty but not the focus of my collection.

So yeah, the boat was missed and I do regret it now, but hey can I be blamed when Alts seemed to be the only way many of these characters were gonna exist again?

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

If the first few waves of Generations sell like the proverbial then I can totally see some of the older classics getting a re-release. Hasbro wants to make money and these are molds that already exist, so why not?

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't think so, unlike many of you guys, I was collecting in 2006.

I'd rather see new bots like Darkmount, Blurr and Thrust insted of Galvatron,Bumblebee and Ramjet. But again sorry to anyone who doesn't hvae them already.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this point, all of the Classics molds have been re released several times in various forms as it is.

There have been several MISB Classics Prime on ebay sell in the $35-$40 price range and many loose and mint versions in the $20 price range, I am not really sure why people are having such a hard time finding one, but it seems like these days, there are people who want everything to be masterpiece quality at the $5 price point.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    When Classics first hit the stores, I think I had gotten my first job and was making minimum wage at the time. I just couldn't get more than a few figures so of course i'd love to see this happen, but I'm not gonna complain about it either if Classics weren't rereleased. I have no problem doing some hunting on the boards or going through Ebay like another member has mentioned ^^^.

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'd buy them. I wasn't into collecting when they were originally out.

9. UKBrawn

UKBrawn Intergalactic Tin Opener

I struggle to see any being re-released, or any reason for there to be.
    The only possibility for me would be to re-release Astrotrain in Henkei colours, and that mold has never been re-used by Hasbro.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone is, but I don't think anyone should judge anyone for "missing the boat" or what nots on the classics line. I myself missed it, because at that time I was a poor college student without a job and tons of loans. It was also a "filler" line so it only crossed my mind a few times.

With that said, I wouldn't mind if they released it again. (things like Jetfire and Ultra Magnus would be amazingly nice to hope for), but if not, its not the end of the world.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i started collecting then, and managed to get most of them except megatron at retail, i picked him up off a board member, and since, i have been able to get doubles of most of the harder to find ones for really good prices for friends that needed them (i kept an extra rodimus though) that said, i wouldn't mind a classics prime redeco to add to the shelf out of the armor

12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I too would like to see C. voyager Prime rereleased,but not like the original,as he had too
    much yellow on him.Also would like if they gave him a more G1 accurate paintjob since he
    wasn't.

13. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I think it would be a good idea as well, but don't stop at the first run Classics also include Universe Classics 2.0 They wouldn't have to rerelease them in the exact same colors either. They could do more cartoon accurate repaints of the figures i.e. Purple and Gray Astrotrain, Cartoon accurate Cyclonus, Hot Rod/Rodimus with a paint scheme like the original G1 toy, Darker more military Green Hound, etc.

14. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Would it be nice? Yeah, I'd like to see a re-release of Classics Astrotrain, aswell as Skywarp, maybe a few others. I'd be fine if they didn't though. I can find 'em on the internet.

See, I didn't get into Transformer Collecting until 2008, when I first watched the movie. I knew Transformers existed, because of RiD, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't even know about G1 until I did more research about former Transformer lines.

15. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I think it would be awesome if this happened, but it would take away some of the value from these figures. Part of the hobby is finding them, and placing them into your collection. It would certainly lose its luster if they just redid the same figures every 5 years or so.

16. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should definitely re-offer some older Classics figures repainted (to whatever degree). Maybe they could do them as a store-exclusive wave. A Henkei-like Astrotrain, a silver-faced Ironhide (which was supposed to be a running change in Universe 2, did ANYONE ever find one?) with yellow streaks on the side panels, a Prowl without sticky paint, an almost-unchanged-from-Universe 2 Starscream (just because it would sell like crazy)...

+-MWG-+

17. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Meh. At the time the "Classics" line was originally out, I was kicked out of the house, going to school, and only had $20 a week to use for food, gas, and whatever else I could. Needless to say, I only managed to pick up Prime, Rodimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, and Ramjet.

Know what I did when I started collecting fully late in '08? I picked up the rest of the line through the Junkion here and through Ebay. That was when I noticed new toys (Sunstreaker and Prowl, specifically) in the same style had been coming out though the Universe line. A couple minutes of searching online and I found this Board, plus a full list of the line so that I could search for what I had missed.

I don't see why everyone always wants things the easy way. It's a damn "collection" for a reason. Put some effort into it, if it means more money, then that also means there's a lot more reason for you to take care of the thing.

That's the way I see it. I put in the work and money to have the collection I have, I don't see why others aren't willing to do the same. I could care less for re-releases. I bought every figure I wanted out of the line, either when it was released initially, or having to pay aftermarket price.

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    and btw, why re-release them, seeing as people will skip THE RE-RERELEASES and then bitch and moan to get them re-re-released (i am not kidding, the big chunk of the people wanting these rereleased are those who did this, chose to skip the classics and whined when they were worth money)

classic magnus is the prime example of this issue

19. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I totally agree. I'm also guilty of skipping over the classics line at the beginning. I thought it'd be like their titanium line which is a few characters being re-done then it'd stop.

Since most of the G1 characters are being re-done as classics, I think a lot of us are now trying to get onboard. Especially when fansproject is releasing such great add-ons to fix some of the hasbro issues.

20. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I doubt they would re-release anything exactly the same, potentially redecos though.

On a side note, what if, years from now, they released a new "classics" line that featured completely new molds as tributes to the original "classics" molds. Would that ever happen?