Heavy/Scratch: Classics Powerglide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Brunkion76, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Yess! Thanks, really appreciate this. :) 

2. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

THis is great first bash.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is certainly cool, man. I'm hoping to have it fully resourced tonight :)  Thanks for your tutorial submission and all you have contributed thus far :thumb 

Don't sweat things though :)  If you're able to do a tutorial someday, we'll be here for ya :)  You gotta take care of your life first and foremost. :thumb 

"We are here. We are waiting." :) 

4. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    very nice tutorial. Thanks for sharing big time!!! I'll get right on building an army of these (or maybe just one :(  )

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    This would fit into my Classics collection nicely. :D 

6. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

After reading the tutorial I now understand how the pivot of the wings works. My only concern is that it seems the only thing holding the wings in place in bot mode (ie preventing them from continuing to rotate and causing the upright wings to go forward) is the friction on the pin? Is that the case, or is there a squared edge on the pivoting plastic piece that butts up against an edge at the point of rotation that limits it to 90 degree of movement? It seems like you could do that, but since you had the thing apart I figured you would know.

Also, to make your arms you cannibalized a lot of the parts from the other energon jet right (i know at least the forearms, looks like more.)

The only concern I see is the head. Its great to have G1 powerglide head and it fits the mold well, but do you need to take it off in jet mode? or is there some trick so that it tucks away a bit.

nevermind, I see that because you were able to remove the Energon combiner port, it seemed to give you a place to tuck the head away. Brilliant job. I have painted this mold myself and I know the trouble spots you must have gone through. If I choose to do this hopefully my second attempt has less problem spots than the first try.

[​IMG]

7. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

Updated with my first attempt at story telling lol.

8. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Dude that is the best powerglide I have ever seen! How did you get the wings and arms to go like that, you must post a tutorial for it as I am now going to do this! Oh I didn't realise you had lol sorry.