Minor/Repaint: Classics Omnibot Downshift

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by XSilverboltX, Nov 27, 2012.

1. XSilverboltX

XSilverboltX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As a kid, I always pictured that Tracks was the leader of the Omnibots: four Autobots who's vehicle mode featured a special mode.

When Turbo Tracks came out, I was elated! I was hoping that I'd get a chance to customize at least one Omnibot out of him. Then, Wheeljack happened.

Removing the paint with 99% alcohol was easy. Playing around with the toy yielded a mistransformation that evoqued the G1 toy's wings, hoodie and head missiles.

A Reprolabel Autobot shield and a Shapeways head from my shop (and a quick white app on the car roof) later and voila!

Attached Files:

2. down_shift

down_shift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's beautiful... Sniff...

3. Guitarbot

Guitarbot Active Member

This is EXCELLENT!! i've had the exact same idea forever but i never get around to actually doing it... this mold works PERFECTLY as Downshift. I could never figure out what head to use, but now i know! Can you post a link to your shapeways shop?

Awesome custom and thanks!

4. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Nice work can we have a link to your shop pleeeaaassse.:) 

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I'm assuming you just painted over the roof?

Looks good. I almost forgot about Omnibot Downshift. I think this mold suits him even better than it does Wheeljack.

zmog

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That is awesome!!! Any plans for the other Omnibots? Perhaps a Overdrive head for FOC Sideswipe? or weapons for Downshift?

7. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    AWESOME. so you've got a downshift head in your shapeways shop? :)  I'll have to pick that up. it looks great!

8. XSilverboltX

XSilverboltX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks, here is the link to my Shapeways item. Obviously, the rest of the shop can be accessed from there too :) 

G2P-007 Gearshift Head by Cypherplex on Shapeways

I sort of figured that Downshift worked out well enough with this mold because he just needed a custom head. In my opinion, Wheeljack's accessories do enough of a job as substitutes that I don't have plans to make custom rockets for him, or a gun that looks like his.

Overdrive I was going to use my usual fall back of a Universe Sideswipe. The door setup on the arms of the figure means that adding the traditional wings to him would be a cinch, as well as hiding a twin barreled gun under that flip-up front grill.

Camshaft has me stumped since no modern figure has managed to do the same layout (front of car as feet, back of car as torso). So, instead, I was going to go for a Universe Silverstreak as a base... but I'm hoping another option will present itself.

Nah... I removed all the original painting and masked the windows, then primed and repainted with a coat of white. I don't like painting over existing paint.

See first reply :) 

Thanks, and same as above for the link :) 

Hits you right where the heart is, dunnit. :)