Minor/Repaint: Classics G2 Redux Sparkstalker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by warriorpriest, Sep 4, 2011.

1. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Last of the trio of Firecons..... Beware of SPARKSTALKER..

Like Flamefeather I posted earlier, this is a commission I did for a friend on the boards. Sparkstalker was made from a Fox Kids Waspinator repaint with the bug head removed. The bot head, funny enough, has a visor look on the back of his head and fit for a crazed face look which is worked into hi bio. Most of the paints were a custom mix to help tie the two customs and the Botcon Cindersaur together. i took the pics in different lighting so everyone could get a decent feel of the various colors used. Per the clients request he was painted to look like a toy you would buy in the store not a custom, no there is not any highlight or inking done.

Bio:

Once a con, always a con. This hold true for Sparkstalker even after exposure to forestonite. As a con, thief and counterfeiter Sparkstalker was a little leery about forestonite until he saw how much stronger his fellow Firecons became. Now not only is he stronger physicllay but mentally as well allowing him to plan even more elaborate con jobs then before. And if the going get tough on a job Sparkstalker just breaks out his trusty flamethrower that produces flames so hot they burn blue. Able to burn throw some of the thickest armor. Sparkstalker does have a major flaw, one that the Autobots have learned to use against him. Whenever he gets conned/tricked his mind cannot process how he was duped and he goes into a crazed rage. This produced a physical change in his facial structures and he lashes out at everyone and everything around him with the exception of the other Firecons. This makes him an easy target on the battlefield and a liability to anyone including and Decepticon not a Firecon.

Enjoy and comments are welcome. ;) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you're good @ making redux figures

3. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    He looks great!

You should have entered one of these guys in Sector 70's G2 Repaint Challenge!

- Alty

4. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    while I LOVE how you got these guys painted up nice, I just can't see Sparkstalker being a bug.....

that being said, your customer sure got a good set going.

5. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thanks. I was working on them and knew of the G2 challenge but it never really occurred to me to do it. Don't know why or i would have. Oh well. :D  Glad you like it my friend.

Thxs shinobi77. to be honest i am not 100% on him being a bug either but the orginial toy you could not really tell what they are animal wise. And if one can become a dino why not a giant insect?? :D  I personally would have went for something different, not sure what but maybe another dino type toy, but it is what the client wanted and he is very happy with they way it turned out. He loves the set so much we have future business together planned. :D 

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yessss, more G2 greatness! :rock  Those three wreak of all kinds of G2 awesomeness together. Can't wait to see more G2 goodies from you in the future. :thumb 

Well according to the TF Wiki their alt modes are: Cindersaur = Lizard Monster, Flamefeather = Bird Monster and Sparkstalker = Bug Monster.

7. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    Well I'll be, you are right, I always thought of Sparky being a cross between the other two, like a vulture with tusks....

As for me, I would have used cybertron wreckloose, still are great customs regardless.

8. rumble619

rumble619 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this guy and the set as a whole!!!!

Awesome work bud:thumbs2: 

9. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wow i didn't know that either. Learn something new everyday. :D 

Thxs Rafe. That means a lot to me.