Classics are being replaced with 3rd Party

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exclusacon, Sep 4, 2011.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    as long as 3rd parties keep charging about $100 a pop for their stuff...keep fucking up stuff like the breaking shovel on the first of the 6 not devy figures...they will not replace hasbro for stuff...just bilk some folks out of their $$$...

now if they get to the point where the quality is up to par or better than takara hasbro and sell at the same or lower price point...Then GAME ON...

2. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although I completely disagree that 3rd parties are "replacing" classics, they are doing something that appeals to collectors. For instance, Fansproject's Insecticons are obviously an update to the original G1 insecticons. Now these in itself are great figures, but the reason FP did this was because Hasbro never would. If Hasbro put out a radical redeco of the Insecticons, the FP Insecticons wouldn't be around.

Simply put, they're not replacing classics, they're just expanding and making them better as a whole.

3. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Maybe not necessarily "replace".. but with that having been said, I have spent more this year on 3rd party stuff. I think it gives fans a better alternative for certain characters especially if your not satisfied with just a slight remold/ repaint with different head (if we're lucky) like what we get from Hasbro quite a bit of the time.

By the way, with all the talk about "Not" Devistator, wasn't one of these 3rd party companies supposed to be comming out with an upgrade for the Wal-Mart Classics set like the Superion and Bruticus upgrades? I could swear I saw something earlier... maybe I was just hallucinating.

4. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

sorry quoted myself instead of edit. deleted.

5. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Not really true.

The 3rd party stuff is either a lot more complex or a lot pricier than Hasbro's classics, which are mostly $12 deluxe class toys.

See, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.

The only thing 3rd party toys have in common with Hasbro's Classics, is more or less the design aesthetics. It's collector grade product versus mass market affordable toy product respectively.

6. seali_me

not really. i only buy the best 3rd party products out there. unfortunately , there's only a handful that i actually like. the rest are fugly.

although i would like tak/bro to start losing money and finally get legal rights to distribute these handful of toys to everybody. when that happens, all they have to do is buy one 3rd party product, copy, it distribute it to countries where they can have legal rights to do so. what can china do?

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Everyone has valid points....

Seali, that would surprise the hell out if Hasbro did do that....

8. seali_me

all it would take is one or maybe two bold companies. i want those companies. if what i said above happens, give tak/bro a good reason to fight back, these companies don't really have legal grounds to fight a huge company like tak/bro. i want this to happen so bad. its one way of fighting back these companies. its like punching/kicking someone in the family jewels. take em' down quickly.

TFC dev or maketoys for ex: minus the development stage and tons of peeps wanting this toy. R&D has pretty much been done for tak/bro. going straight into production and distribution with high quality product, it would be too easy to do for tak/bro. it would be a smaller production than normal but i wouldn't be that surprised if one day a pissed off tak/bro is going to fight back this way. these small companies wouldn't stand a chance.

9. exclusacon

News Credits:
    The thing is China doesnt have a copyright, there is nothing they can do....no legal ground....its funny becuz most of the toys as well everything is made there...they have a bootleg Apple store!....the only they can compete is actually make those toys.

10. Nightstorm

Nightstorm Member

I would fight fire with fire. Hasbro or a smart US toy company should just knock off these Chinese companies design. What is TFC, FP, or IG going to do about it? Sue? Goodluck with that? Second solution, US toy companies can bring back the jobs they sent over seas and use automation and new technologies to make some real cool stuff.

11. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

If 3rd party is taking over,then I'm going to be done collecting.I can't afford those ridiculous prices.

12. exclusacon

News Credits:
    The one thing most 3rd do ( aleast for us G1 fans) is make characters we want, whether its an hanger on, someone who showed up once.....i think hasbro is fighting back with Generations...we got drift a comic book character, straxus from uk marvel, wreckgar from G1...so i think theyre trying, just a movie got in their way....

13. seali_me

yes that's true.

its not only tak/bro that have a parasitic companies mooching off their products. that's another reason why companies like tak/bro can do this kind of bold move on these companies.

by copying the 3rd party products which do answer fan's most requested products and they do have legal right to distribute anyway, tak/bro can distribute it themselves let's say under another name, maybe an official licensed 3rd party distributor, it would help them and make fans happy. it'll be way too easy for this to happen especially when these companies live in a country where there are no legal copyrights reinforcement. if they try to claim rights in other countries, then these 3rd party companies are just digging themselves a grave. i want tak/bro to fight not dirty but to take em' down quick. kick em' in the nuts.

isn't g1uppers american based? maybe canadian?

14. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

[​IMG]

15. seali_me

exactly what i said. kick em' in the nuts. not only tak/bro but other companies as well. just put it under another company name, slap on official licensed third party product.

i'm pretty sure tak/bro is on this already but they are probably studying the market for it.

16. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Well,ther probably won't be a chance of a combiner with robot modes,vehicle modes & combined mode,because that would take a while to plan

17. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Y'know, I had planned to write a really long and articulate response using reason and logic to defend third parties but.... yeah, this. Just this picture. XD

18. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Thanks Roy, much love....

I want to have best of my favorite figures....looks what happen all the time, 3rd comes with a better presentation of said character and then the sales threads light up with the hasbro version of it...it true everybody has their own taste, but i want the best of it.....right now, hercules is make classic devy look like shit....igear Rat/Hide make hasbro look like shit.....insecticons actually exists with articulations...true most of them price are kinda crazy, but when you get them in hand, you dont care about it anymore...

19. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But hasbro could couldn't care less if people are getting rid of their old ironhide and ratchet toys, they've already made their money on that mold. We could all melt our ironhides right not and hasbro wouldn't give a shit about it.

For all this talk can anybody think of an example of a hasbro toy that peg warmed because people already had a good 3rd party version?? People are still complaining that they cant get demolitions rumble despite the very cool PE versions.

Besides it's just silly to compare the two anyways purely on the basis of price. Lets compare this $25k hatchback to the $100 sportscar and figure out which one is the better vehicle? Just seams silly to me

20. seali_me

not really. classics devastator always look like shit.