Classics 2.0, what do u think?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nsr46gamer, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Kup and Springer. I'd love to see those.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Eh, same as most everyone else, really: Soundwave, Shockwave, Casseticons, Autobot Cars/Trucks/Vans, Minibots, '86 Movie cast, blah blah blah. Maybe a combiner or two.

Wouldn't say no to a Darkwing... if only because Dreadwind looks so lonely.

Honestly, my longshot pie-in-the-sky hope was always Powerglide... and against all rationality and logic, he actually IS being produced. Like, before Ironhide... and Soundwave... and countless other fan favorites. I don't know whether Hasbro has been monitoring my brainwaves or whether I've slipped into bizarro-universe or what, but I'm not complaining.

So given that, I guess my new never-gonna-happen pick would be a basebot of some kind. Metroplex, Trypticon, Scorponok, Omega Supreme, even Fort Max.... doesn't really matter to me which one. I would just like to see a modern take on a character that transforms from a (well-articulated) robot into a battle station. And the Classics/Universe line could use a giant, Supreme-class figure to serve as a centerpiece.

3. nsr46gamer

nsr46gamer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    omega suprem would be so awesome, but if u think about it, the decepticons would be totaly dead. they have what, 4-5 figures if u count the two packs and plus minicons. so tripiticon would be make a nice touch too.

but i swear, if they make a galvatron, that i've been hearing about, as a deluxe or an ultra, i will ban transformrs classics. a galvatron needs to be a voyager size, to stand along side with prime and megs. unless they make a rodimus prime alongside with him at the same size class. then that would be ok.

hell, either way, im picking up everything in this line with a tranformers logo on the box. :p 

4. RodimusMark

RodimusMark Infamous Fighter of Foo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deluxes:
    Ironhide
    Jazz
    Arcee
    Ratchet
    Scourge
    Runamuck
    Runabout

Voyager:
    Springer(I know that makes him bigger than the other triple-changers, but I think it was a mistake to make them deluxes in the first place)
    Inferno
    Blitzwing
    Cyclonus

Ultras:
    Ultra Magnus
    Skorponok
    Sixshot

This would be my dream line. It's doubtful that they will get made, but hey, worth a hope.

5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Deluxe:
    Dead End
    Wildrider
    Breakdown
    Drag Strip
    Brawn
    Gears
    Jazz
    Trailbreaker
    Cosmos
    Springer
    Sandstorm
    Streetwise
    Groove
    First Aid
    Blades
    Warpath
    Runabout
    Runamuck

Voyager:
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Hot Spot
    Motormaster
    Cyclonus
    Galvatron

Ultra:
    Broadside
    Ultra Magnus with trailer
    Sixshot
    Overlord

Supreme:
    Omega Supreme
    Predaking gift set (5 deluxe-sized Predacons)
    Metroplex
    Trypticon

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    It boils down to what most everyone wants.

ALL G1 SHOW CHARACTERS.

But if I had to choose a dream figure. A combiner that combines based off of an original combiner. I would go gaga over Devistator or Menasor. 1 voyager and 4 deluxes ( 6 deluxes for devi), heck even add the assessories, I am not particular on a combiner being self contained.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Not much to seriously drool for as my fave 'bot is Prowl and my fave 'con is Skywarp.

I'd say every G1 character pre movie, and then selectively afterwards. Honestly, I never went for all that pointy shit they put out. The ones with Cybertron alt modes just didn't measure up to the Cybertron alt modes from the original series. In that happy reality that I like to visit instead of my own, there was never such things. Granted it gave us Magnus and a select few others, but the story and the toys mostly nosedived from this point. So as long as it's pre movie G1 I'd be grateful, since we already got the characters I'd give a crap about from that movie on. Including using my Hasbro Megs as Galvatron once I get the Japanese Megs.

I'm dying for a Nemesis Prime repaint. Of course I'd also love a yellow and blue repaint of the Optimus mold, a nod to the Diaclone Magnus and that limited yellow Magnus. I'd also love to see all the diff variations of Streaker and Sideswipe. Both Takara and TF versions. I live for the obscure. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY never want to see another version of Wheelie ever again.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm actually, I'd like the Seekers for main release since I was stuck in Iraq when they came out, with no way of getting them until they cost more than my utilities, food, and auto bills cost per month. And a Sunstorm. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

All of them!!!

9. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge.

Another combiner would be awesome as well.

10. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    stunticons and insecticons

11. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

I agree 100%, and add Blurr and Wreck Gar.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kup and Arcee, to nicely round out the movie crew.

Maybe a more G1-stlyed Magnus too.

Insecticons could be neat.

A lot of the other stuff they've done pretty decent homages to already.

Rodimus Prime would be pretty sweet though. :D 

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Personally, I'd like to see Blurr, Kup and Arcee to round out the movie Autobots (they can make a new Magnus and Springer after they do other characters).

Also, in that vein give me Cyclonus and Scourge.

Soundwave would be nice and any combiner team members, Insecticons or Dinobots would be awesome too. Predacons anyone?

My pipe dream right now would be a God Ginrai with God Bomber... so i guess Powermaster Prime with Apex Armor... though I'm not sure that could get done unless they added the leader class into Universe.

14. SCIENCE

SCIENCE Banned

Very upset with what I'm hearing. I don't want an Onslaught unless he's part of a Combiner, it ruins the chances of them bothering to do one in the future. And I REALLY want a good Bruticus. The Energon toy looked nothing like Bruticus.

15. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I've only seen Sunstreaker and I think the toy looks great. Some people don't like the skinny body, but they didn't like the way Mirage looked at first either. I think we're looking at a highly posable toy with this mold.