Civil Warrior General Grant

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Feb 27, 2019.

1. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Did anyone else's not come with instructions? Mine didn't even though it was new/sealed and also didn't come with batteries like the one I'd seen in the review did (which isn't as big of a deal.) If anyone wouldn't mind sharing pics or scans of the instructions I'd personally very much appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine came with batteries installed and instructions. The instructions are a large single page of double sided glossy paper folded twice. I can take pics tomorrow if no one provides quality scans before I next log on.

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:

• Like Like x 4
  6. MP Collector

News Credits:
    BF7D5D5C-2DBF-43FC-9926-6E1D69A3E283.jpeg 66FBC16F-B464-4CBC-87AF-66DEE9BC0449.jpeg 14EB42AA-F1AD-4103-8DA1-155D5D5A3179.jpeg AAAC3C42-9257-4C9B-89AE-5425834C2609.jpeg 9B664236-2877-4C03-8A13-28512EE10E01.jpeg AEB1E93A-7261-49B6-95F1-32F309D771E1.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. MP Collector

News Credits:
    Just posted pics of the instructions. You probably want a scanned pdf or something like that, but it is a big poster that won’t fit nicely on the tiny scanner I have access to while in lockdown.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Great review as always, Kuma!

There was a comment made about what to call Megatron if CW made one -- how about General ROBOT E. Lee?

I'm waiting for mine to be shipped from China. Looks like a damn fine figure.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, enough waiting around. I went ahead and ordered one. Finally having a war within prime is going to feel good. The galaxy convoy-ish super mode is also a sweet bonus. Good to hear build quality is solid for a first-time company.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thanks @MP Collector

-------------------------------

The full article and gallery for Civil Warrior CW-01 is up; Link in signature.

[​IMG]

The article breaks it down but all in all I ended up giving it an 8.0/10. Definitely a few minor adjustments away from being one of the best and it's nice to already have a runner for my transforming TF of the year.

A few pics from the gallery;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  11. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Damn, Kuma.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, man. You've got a knack for lighting and soft-focus and getting just the right angle on all your shots. If this site gave out Oscars for photo reviews, you'd get Best Director Of Photography.

Simply amazing, my friend. Astonishing!

• Like Like x 1
  12. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Kuma Style Man, you're making me want to buy one with those photos...and I already have it! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    got mine in today. only had a few mins to mess around with him before heading to work but damn he is superb. super easy transform, feels identical to titanium ww prime but with the size and hardware to make him legit.

like most here I just picked him up on a whim after seeing some pics on a dealer site and watching some youtube vids. the spark toys ww prime looked good but I wanted this prime with beef and diecast, and civil warrior grant brought that to the table.

cant wait to get him into powered mode when I get home! :D 

14. Cracka J

News Credits:
    hey guys just a quick heads up on this dude if you get him, be super careful with the shin sliders.

after going back and forth a few times mine felt extremely loose and I tried to see what the issue is and they just popped off. unfortunately they are just held in place with these small plastic friction tabs which will make normal wear and tear on them eventually fail.

20200423_093235.jpg

theyd be easily replaceable if there was some extra parts or something in the box cause they are just an additional piece that is screwed on. if you just want to keep them in the down position for trailer compatibility I suppose you could just glue them set in place too.

just kinda stinks when the rest of this toy is a beefy diecast powerhouse to see this kind of cheap tabbed in plastic connection, but it is what it is.

keep your grants looking good and play safe! :lol 

15. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    I've transformed mine about 10 times. No issues at all

16. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since those bits don't appear to be exposed, you could potentially 3D print something to take the place - possibly a little beefier, too, as that looks to have some compromises to be injection moulded. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow to see if those are easy enough to remove without breaking them (thus requiring a fix which I can't guarantee) and see if I can come up with anything.

Might also see if I can design an over-shoulder gun mount while I'm at it, 'cause I completely agree that it really suits the super mode.

17. Cracka J

News Credits:
    that would be sweet man, I would buy both of those parts :cool: 

in the meantime I was able to remedy mine and actually improve them by just coating them in superglue and placing them back in. they still slide and work ok for now.

just wanted to let you guys know so you dont slam on these parts cause they are fragile and not built like the rest of this toy.

18. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, one down, one almost.

Shin clip:
    Civil Warrior CW-01 General Grant Shin Clip by Asterchades

Takes about 15 minutes to print. Doesn't look the same as the stock one because it doesn't have to - it holds itself in alignment with the meat of the unit itself, instead of using the two little pegs. Played around with it a little and didn't have any trouble collapsing or extending the legs with it fitted.

Working on the gun mount. I'm more an engineer than an artist, unfortunately, so it'll probably be kinda bland unless someone gives me ideas after I've finished. Just making sure it's printable and will both hold the gun and stay in position fairly well, without damaging anything in the process. One of my design goals is to have it remain in place at all times, and so far it looks like I'm going to be able to pull that off.

ed: Now two for two.

Shoulder mount:
    Civil Warrior CW-01 General Grant Super Mode Shoulder Gun Mount by Asterchades

20-25 minute print. Held in place and holds the gun through friction alone. As mentioned it's a tad bland but you can only just see it. Though if anyone has any ideas (better yet with a sketch) on how you think it should look than I'm open to stylising it a bit.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_20200425_095259.jpg IMG_20200425_094538.jpg IMG_20200425_105027.jpg IMG_20200425_094701.jpg I got my copy a few days ago and I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of heft and fun factor coming for this set. I've had my eyes on this guy for a while now, but was a little hesitant since this was coming from a new unknown 3P company. And while not perfect, he's for the most part well-built and great to look at as well as transform. My copy unfortunately, had some glue on his left earpiece, which thankfully with lots of different sandpapers I was able to successfully sand and polish it off. The left shoulder ratchet joint is also looser than the right side, but still able to support weight, so that's minor. The fingers also have some stress marks near the joints, which is also minor and fine as long as they don't become cracks. I am very impressed how well he maintains all of the weight of his weapons and the super-mode. I love the super-mode, it's solid and just looks divine to me. Getting the backpack tabbed in and also taking it out is a bit of choir. This is my first WW Prime and I think I'm good totally fine this toy being the definitive version of this design. I also really like how they painted and detail on his hip joints. Oh so nice to see some painted robo-hips.

**Update, when you stow away the hands, go slow and line up the fingers as needed, otherwise you might pop off the hand cover and damage / break the pegs that hold it. On the bright side it is a flat surface so it is easily glueable if the pegs break.**

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gah, those hands! I actually found it worked well if I tucked the thumb down and then half retracted the whole thing - far enough that the thumbs are completely within the cavity. After that, I wrapped the fingers around the thumb (don't bunch them up in front of the thumb) before completing the retraction. Anything else just wanted to catch on the inside of the elbow connection.