CHUG Barricade

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Zoo, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

I love where this is going. I wonder if you wouldn't get a more "toyetic" result by making the overall front end a bit thinner and reducing the depth of the headlights, grille, etc. Looking at him next to the Silverstreak chest, for instance, that toy's grille detailing isn't as deeply inset as what you've done. As it stands, the entire front end of the car seems like it comes out "too far" from the wheel wells.

I don't know if that makes sense, or if there are printer limitations you have to deal with, but that's one of the things that catches my eye.

All of that being said, this absolutely kicks ass and I can't wait to see a higher-quality resin print.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Haha no I totally get what you mean. I think the thing holding me back right now is that the bumper on the original is super curved, making the profile stick out less. Since I wanted a more squarish shape out of the bumper, it fills out the area more while technically still being within the same dimensions as the old bumper. Interesting observation on the grill depth. I like the deep look for the upper grills but I might try out something for the lower one. Appreciate the feedback!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gaia Saber

Gaia Saber Young G1 fanboy and shy customizer

You should do some alternative heads for him!

4. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Might be fun to try different head styles like tlk and the evergreen. The current one was inspired by movie 1

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gaia Saber

Gaia Saber Young G1 fanboy and shy customizer

Don't forget his nightstick, buzzsaw attachment and the "PROTECT" & "SERVE" brass knuckles.

6. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Def add to the list fs!

7. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    So problem. My resin printer failed to print a majority of the items, and the ones that did print have major issues. I'm kind of bricked here and considering a few options.

A) troubleshoot printer (I'm stupid)
    B) print from a service (maybe/would delay project for a while)
    C) print on fdm printer and post process (you'll see in a thread I'll be making within the week that my painting skills are subpar, so maybe the print quality won't make a difference)
    D) buy a new printer (I'm broke lol)

Would appreciate any advice, esp try the resin printer gurus who might know what's wrong. Otherwise this guys gonna have to go on the back burner for a while

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  8. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Hot sauce addict

I've never actually owned one, but there has bound to be hundreds of tutorials and troubleshooting videos on the ender on YouTube. Since you've already put in the work to buy the printer and fillement, why not continue with that?

9. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Yeah the ender 3 is great, but I'm talking about my resin printer, a longer orange 10. It's a famously cheap, but "you get what you pay for" printer with a relatively low lcd resolution. I've been contemplating replacing it for a while, but I'm probably going to use my money on the menasor box set once that's on sale. I think with some post processing and some setting adjustments, I can maybe get workable results from my ender 3 instead

• Like Like x 1
  10. DeathsTreads77

I don't really know where to go from here- in the opposite of a professional with this. I think going with the ender 3 is a good idea- may I recommend sanding it down so as to get a smooth finish?

11. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

For my Anycubic it took a little bit of adjusting to get the test print to work. I think it failed twice before I got it right.
    I know resin printers need the first layer to "cook" a little longer than the subsequent layers in order to make sure it sticks to the build plate.

Did you add supports to the print model?
    Those can also make a world of difference.
    Also your resin has stats you have to be aware of, too.
    You should be able to look those up on the manufacturer's website.

Aside from that, I'd say hit up YouTube for more info on how to get your model of printer calibrated.

12. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Yeah I think I'll try that approach, see how it goes. My main reservation is simply just the printer's inability to capture certain details, but maybe a smaller nozzle could help. I'm going to look into online resin printing services, but I think I can do most of it on my printer. In fact my current lightbar, turrets and shoulders are good to work with

I've been struggling with supports fs, I think I'll watch more guides on those. Also thanks for the tip on the resin, I'll def chase that lead down

• Like Like x 2
  13. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

I've got a printer and I'd be down to print out tests for you if you want. I got some old resin I'm trying to burn through before it goes bad

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bombshock

Bombshock That autobot with a disability and a SANE mind...

Mine too. But I'm not ready yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Appreciate the offer friend, I'll lyk

16. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Hey guys, small update here. I got some 0.2mm nozzles and the print quality came out super nice imop. After finals ill probably work on the final run. Bumper needs adjustments, mainly around the wheel well, and the screw holes. Bad news on the shoulder pad, cannot transform with them on, but personally i dont mind the partsforming, but i might try to make some adjustments to let it transform anyways. Im really excited cause once im home for rhe summer i can start chipping away at the paint

IMG_4157.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  17. DeathsTreads77

That bumper is looking really good.

If I may ask, what's going on with Shadow Striker there in the background?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    LOL. I want to see if I can try to help the front end make it look more sideburny, but Im not optimistic lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Oh god this looks amazing

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    IMG_4336.jpeg

Im hoping this is the last update before its finished, im really happy with how its coming out.

a few things. I should be done painting by tomorrow, however, I need the toyhax set t fully finish him, its otw, hopefully next week.

the shoulder armor and turrets wont be on this ver for a while since I left then in my apartment in another state and wont be back for those august, meaning theyll be painted around november. But the bumper, head, bashbar and lightbar will be there!

I know this has been a slow slow project, but since my 3D printer and airbrush are in two different locations 1000 miles away, it took some time. Hope to give you guys a finished look soon!

• Like Like x 12