CHUG Barricade

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Zoo, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Hello so I bought legacy silverstreak to use to hopefully try to fix 86 prowl (which is anlther post for later lol) but I thought a lot about what I'd do with the spare parts, aka his body. My intial idea was a legacy style prime/movie bee, but I figured since we're getting 86 bee soon it would be akward to have two bees on the shelf like that (unless prime cliffjumper happens from chase then we'll revisit the idea). Then I thought, about bees rivals which led me to barricade, who, funny story btw, actually did have a CHUG incarnate, of the same mold even! I always thought the idea of Barry from prowl was cool. Although the er version is hard to get and I always wanted more of a distinction between him and prowl.

final pics:
    IMG_4383.jpeg IMG_4382.jpeg IMG_4384.jpeg IMG_4385.jpeg IMG_4386.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpg IMG_2073.jpg

Linking the cults page here incase anyone wants a try

I thought a cool place to start would be the head.

So I downloaded SOLIDWORKS, watched 1.5 hours of included content and went ham. Here's what I got:

image.png

Pretty happy with it so far, and hoping to do more beyond just the head, but it's not a project I'll be able to start chipping away more at until Thanksgiving. Expecting to be done by Christmas, just because of school and all.

Here's some ugly drawings I made to get an idea of what his head could look like (I'm a lover not a sketch artist). My main goal was to kind of parallel prowl, while looking different enough and take some movie inspo

IMG_1920.jpeg image.png

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas I could add to the overall project. Main ideas rn are head, chest, paint and toyhax (need the punish and enslave decals lol)

So far I've only modeled parts, although some stuff is on order to be printed:
    Head:
    image.png
    Lights:
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 193906.png
    Shoulders:
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 201918.png
    Shoulder/Hood Gun:
    Screenshot 2023-11-14 074003.png
    Rifle:
    Screenshot 2023-10-29 042614.png
    Bumper:
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 005241.png

First run of bumper and bash bar

IMG_2049.jpeg IMG_2051.jpeg IMG_2050.jpeg IMG_2048.jpeg

Bumper revision + other accessories:

IMG_2067.jpg IMG_2071.jpg IMG_2073.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 23
  2. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Have to wait around a week to get it printed since I don't have my printer setup Im gonna have my school do it, but the order is sent. Hopefully Ill have the head by Friday.

In the mean time, I realized the I don't have an extra lightbar for him lol.

Saw this image
    [​IMG]

So to make something similarish I whipped this up
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 193906.png

Gonna start work on weapons and shoulders. Nothing complicated for the shoulders, just a panel for the 5mm ports there. Brainstorming weapon ideas atm. Im thinking rifle, kind of like his DOTM one, and his hand saw? Not sure, will probably update in a few hours

• Like Like x 6
  3. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    New update lol.

Shoulders are done

Screenshot 2023-10-28 201826.png Screenshot 2023-10-28 201918.png

Modeled the left side, right would just be flipped version. Thining of decepticon logos there, or maybe some extra labels, we'll have to see

• Like Like x 6
  4. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Another update. Designed some guns for the hood, saw a port, thought id fill it out. I am debating on switching this to a minigun design but not sure yet. Made these a little small as they're more of an accent piece than a primary weapon. Open to suggestions.

Screenshot 2023-10-29 000704.png

Still debating what to do for guns. I could try to do something to the dotm ones, but also a) idk how well it would fit the aesthetic and b) I literally downloaded this software yesterday so not sure if I have the skills for this lol. Im currently thinking either big rifle or maybe two big barrel guns similar to soundwaves (dotm versions). Leaning towards rifle.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Back with another update. Designed a rifle for Barricade. Tried to base it more on a real life rifle, especially ones used by the police

Screenshot 2023-10-29 042614.png

Im debating on modeling a melee weapon, like his saw, but I'm not sure it would fit the aesthetic. Maybe an arm blade, although I also don't know if I'd have the space for it with some of the other mods I want to do, although it would be badass.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    New update. Made a bumper and bashbar:

Bumper:
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 002811.png

Bashbar:
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 005324.png

Together:
    Screenshot 2023-10-31 005241.png

Overall liking the look. hope it fits fine and looks good on him

• Like Like x 11
  7. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Hello! It's been two weeks! I have not given up, but maybe my school has, as they've completely ghosted me (the 3d printing lab). Microcenter had the ender 3 V2 and almost half off so I just bought it an started printing parts myself. Here's what I've gotten so far. The bumper and bashbar. These were trial prints and once I adjust some settings I'll print the rest of the parts to see if changes need to be made. As of rn, the bumper needs smaller pegs on the back, otherwise it's a good fit. It doesn't screw on the way the old bumper did, but I'm fine using glue here. The fdm printer couldn't capture the decepticon logo modeled on the grill but I'm hoping my home resin printer can. Worst case I just use a sticker instead

IMG_2048.jpeg IMG_2048.jpeg IMG_2049.jpeg IMG_2050.jpeg IMG_2051.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 14
  8. VKittyCat2023

VKittyCat2023 Medieval Weapons Enthusiest

I am interested.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hellscream85

Hellscream85 Well-Known Member

I like Earthrise Barricade as is, but that new chest interests me. Has anyone given thought to sections of the pushbar turning into nightsticks for the robot to use?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rafael_Oliveira

Rafael_Oliveira Oliver Raf Studio

Despite I find the new parts still too chunky looking, I appreciate how it does change the asthethic of the original "Japanese Datsun Police Car" to become the usual American Muscle Car that police departments tend to use there.

If we remember Barry's debut as a Mustang from the movies, I do agree it's more deservable to him having a original design of his own than being officially relegated as an easy "Evil Prowl" repaint. I believe you still have to make a lot more of new parts to make him more distinct, but hey, you've done a lot of progress here for a 3d modeling beginner! :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Nice work so far, my dude!
    Can't wait to see more. :rock 

• Like Like x 1
  12. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Looking good so far!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Earthrise barricade is a solid figure, I'm a sucker for the mold, but I could never get my hands on the two pack, so given the extra figure, I thought why not. The bashbar idea is genius, although idt I could pull it off lol. I'd love to see someone make that upgrade for the ER version though

Appreciate the feedback! Yeah the bumper looks a bit thicc. Part of that is due to just the curved nature of the original and part of that is because it was kind of hard to transition the curves intonoje straight line. The new bumper technically has the same dimensions, but due to the styling it's more filled out. I'm thinking opening more of the headlight bucket, and maybe adding a reflector on the side to break up the look might help. In person it looks better, but it def needs some work. I think once I get the modeling down some more, I want to give him new doors (have them pivot up to better emulate the movie look) and new feet to look more "mustangy"

Appreciate it! You'll need to tag me when you get around to shatter and dropkick!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Update on the bumper. I had to adjust the pegs that goi into his arms. I also removed the screw pegs and the front and opted to hollow it out. I'm gonna just glue it on after its painted. I also cut away a little bit of the headlight bucket and added a side reflector. Idk why but I opted to model that reflector after a camaro instead of a mustang lol but the goal was to break apart the thicc sides. I also made the con logo bigger cause my printer failed to print that lol. I'm gonna print it again when I go home for Thanksgiving cause I have a resin printer there

bumper.png

• Like Like x 5
  15. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Hey guys, another update. Printed everything, lots of ports are too loose lol. I'm gonna double check all the sizes, make sure I measured right, otherwise worst case nail polish/super glue/floor polish does the trick

The head came out how I wanted, could maybe make the mouth bigger, as my fdm printer couldn't make it. Ball joint was too small, need to widen that part

Gun is absolutely perfect, blast effect compatible btw

Love the shoulders, really helps differentiate the look from standard datsun

Light bar is fine, does it job

Shoulder turrets def need to be bigger. Will crank out new ones tmmr prob

Overall pleased with the results. Idk if I'll get around to starting paint next week as I have other projects, but I do plan for him to be done by end of winter break
    IMG_2055.jpeg IMG_2057.jpeg IMG_2056.jpeg IMG_2054.jpeg

Shoulder Turrets Updated!
    Screenshot 2023-11-14 074003.png

will test print ASAP

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  16. xyz123

xyz123 Well-Known Member

This is amazing! The prototype already feels so much more like Barricade, this is really what we should have gotten in the first place, great job!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Appreciate the love!

Which btw, I have a new update. Chest was looking real thicc to me, so I designed a new one. Its not that much smaller, but I do feel the difference is noticeable. Loving the new design. Its very similar, just a little smaller. I also got the new shoulder turrets, and fixed the ball joint size on the head, so overall, I think I'm done with this guy until I can get everything resin printed and post-processed

. IMG_2071.jpg IMG_2073.jpg

I added a lip on the bumper too, I think the figure looks a lot better now.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Looking better and better every time!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Somethinginteresting

Somethinginteresting Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is great! Really helps to set him apart from just another fair lady. Can’t wait to see it fully finished!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    Not an actual update, but I thought id share anyways. I'm going to try to print the Barry parts in resin to get better detail, otherwise this is going to be one of the last updates on him until December break, since I want to focus on prowl for Thanksgiving. Hopefully by then I'll have ordered Barry toyhax and they'll have come. Those are crucial for tying it all together imop
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 8