Customs: Chromedome-y Touches

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by GuardianMonkey, Sep 14, 2016.

1. GuardianMonkey

GuardianMonkey Well-Known Member

I'm working on painting up some details on my favorite gay robot couple, TR Rewind and Chromedome.

CD's rims are now a golden color and I'm currently trying to decide on various other details. One thing that is driving me insane are his arms. That center rotation piece bothers me in every use of the mold -- that and it's "unpaintable" plastic!

I want something closer to Takara's representation, with a fully beige arm, though I also want a swathe of brown which is on the Hasbro version.

I haven't ever mixed paint before so I'm daunted. Is there any existing hobby paint color that would match CD's beige well? Or has anybody already mixed up the color and could provide some details?

Thanks in advance!

2. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You could try to spray paint those sections, just do light dusting coats, or potentially try using the similar section from one of the cw cars, if in a lighter color, but that may effect transformation as they are not the same pieces.

Edit: actually swapping out those pieces won't work, totally different size. Try matching the beige color with Tamiya sprays. They're usually spot on with has/tak.