Choices

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Avathar, Jul 11, 2014.

?

Which combiner should i buy

1. Greengiant

53 vote(s)
    79.1%
  2. Not manasor

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
  1. Avathar

Avathar Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Well iam drooling over THE 3rd party combiners for two months now.
    And i really want 1 combiner to display only.
    But i cant make up my mind which which one...

The combiners iam thinking of:

Greengiant for its solidness And g1 accurateness(also love devastator from my childhood)

Predaking its just such an solid an awsome combiner but i dislike the transformationa a bit i would prefere vihicles.

Warbotron 1 not bruticus. I love the look of the bots but iam still not sure of THE combined mode.

Or maybe wait for warbotrons manasor. I know of intimidator but i have also read the cons like fragile parts.

Last but not least, Quantron, this was my facorite toy when i was a kid.

Can you guys give me advice so i can finaly make up my mind.
    Greets Rob

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Id say MMC Feral Rex, but if you prefer vehicles then Warbotron Bruticus might be better for you. The others I'd leave alone. Don't wait on Warbotron Menasor, it looks like they are doing Computron next.

3. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If Computron was your favorite as a kid, then it seems like Quantron would mean the most to you, as an updated take on an old favorite. It's not out yet to have any personal opinions from purchasers yet, but I own several Maketoys products, and they're all top notch quality pieces, so it seems like that would be a solid choice.

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Giant.

5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    For Computron, which was your favorite as a kid, you have the option of Maketoys and Warbotron. I personally would opt for Maketoys, but it's much smaller than the Warbotron one. Warbotron looks fantastic in the Bot / Alt modes, and their combined form not so much, same thing with their Bruticus for my personal taste, which is alright, those 2 modes are very important too. For Maketoys, they make quality combiners, and it looks great combined and bot mode and alt mode, but they are so small.

I would recommend MMC Feral Rex (Predaking), because they look fantastic in combined mode and in bot mode, and the huge sword is really nice. Also, they are well built (some of the best plastic material compared to most other brands), well painted, and well engineered. Also, transformation is fun. Yea, I know you will only display, but with this one, you can actually have fun transforming from bot to alt to combined, and they are well made.

Green Giant is a fan favorite as tested and true, good joints that stay good, and well engineered. I don't think you can go wrong here.
    Oh, and here is something to spice it up for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHWPvwD8Xk

Good Luck

6. jscott991

jscott991 Well-Known Member

Giant is awesome in person, although the individual bod modes are a little disappointing. As a CHUG Devastator, though, he's amazing.

7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woah what? I thaught they were all class personally. With Some having ball jointed hands and all having plenty of articulation even ankle joints on the majority. Yeah there are some very small sacrifices made for combined mode but hardly anything major. Not scrapper is among one of my all time favourite figures and the g1 nods in the group are spot on IMO

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    quantron or mmc's predaking look the best to me, but its up to you man

9. Avathar

Thnx for the great advice all. AAhh Choices, lots of love for Giant. But heck Quantron also looks awesome, Iam actually a bit in doubt about the Warbotron 3. I agree with most post that his shoulders are to high.

I have some old cartoon crash about Devastator, goes wayback to the animated movie.
    but like i said, Computron was my favourite toy.

Also the combined mode of Predaking is so good.

@admins could you delete my poll i screwed it up on my tablet ..

10. Gauntlet101010

Gauntlet101010 Well-Known Member

Your poll is missing some options there.

If you like Computron, get Computron. He has an early bird discount right now that ends on the 15th. Warbotron is also releasing a computrom, though. I dunno how you feel about their size. Bruticus isn't fully released yet, but it looks like they do good work, although they're in a size class all by themselves, if that matters to you.

11. Avathar

Well the size does not matter for me, i dont have any other combiners on display. All my G1 classics are in boxes safely in the basement

12. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

Between your choices, I'd say Giant, you have no idea the hoops many of us had to jump through to finally get one. If you're a Computron fan, you should probably also get Quantron since it may likely sell out like Giant. For playability, TFC stuff are good, fun, and have a lot of different options, but joints tend to be looser, making it more difficult to pose. Both MMC and TFC Predakings look really good to me, MMC seems to win in the individual bot modes, and they are also better engineered/designed, so they're getting my money.

13. Gauntlet101010

Gauntlet101010 Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to think towards the future in this hobby. You don't care about sizes NOW, but that may change in the future. Combiners are pricy and you don't want to regret a big purchase later on.

Food for thought.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Green Giant is one of my favorite collections of figures I own.

15. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

I voted Giant because of the limited choices...and if you can only buy ONE combiner, I think Green Giant is absolutely the one to go with.

But if you're thinking about more than one...

Intimidator was not as spectacular as Giant. I still like it (I actually enjoy what others tend to call overly complex toys, to each his own), it really is a great homage to G1 Menasor, but it doesn't make me as happy as Giant does.

Feral Rex is amazing so far. I'm really excited to finally get Talon and have him mostly finished - at least able to hold his sword. Rex is to Predaking what Giant was to Devastator, for me - it's just that good. It's also not done yet, and you've said you would prefer vehicles.

Warbotron notBruticus is another one I'm looking forward to...but with only one figure (Noisy is still in my POL), I'm still not sure how good it will actually be when complete. They look great so far, but Warbotron remains a new player on the field, and I'm going to remain "anxiously hopeful" until notBruticus stands combined on my shelf.

Quantron looks like a perfect homage to Computron to me. I like it better than Warbotron's version. My brother and I had Computron as kids, so this is another one that presses my nostalgia button. I'm definitely getting it. Maketoys is a tried-and-true player (and they made Giant!), but it's still hard to recommend something that hasn't been released yet over something great that already has.

Like Green Giant. Have you not ordered Giant yet? Go order it. You'll be happy with it.

16. Avathar

Rahvin you are playing a good game :)  Iam actually thinking of getting Giant, and maybe Quantron when he will be out.

Guys thnx all i also see that Giant is in stock from the store i want to order from

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    This will be the unpopular opinion, but if those are your only two options, just save your money.

18. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Green Giant, no question.

19. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Well-Known Member

I didn't vote. I think that if you need to get someone else's opinion on which figure to buy for Your collection, your doing it wrong. You should want the figure enough to make your own decision. If you can't decide, then I'd say hold off on a impulsive purchase. Take a look at reviews until your sure what you want.

20. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I disagree, I think the OP had done a lot of research already, and narrowed down his choices to a few candidates, but just has trouble breaking the tie, and is asking for us to weigh in.