Chogokin Superalloy Wheelie Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by MegaMoonMan, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So heres a good question. Does he have Bicep or thigh swivels? I can only assume no at the bicep but I cant be sure of the thighs.

2. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

Terrible car mode. Huge gaps, and the arms just hanging at the side? G1 Wheelie beats the pants off this guy in alt mode. Modern toys are not supposed to be worse than G1.

3. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I'm so F'ing confused! Can we get a side by side of what's what? I thought THIS was suppose to be the 1:1 copy of the jizaitoys version?! I'm frustrated now. lol

4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    How tight does it stay together in vehicle mode? The real drawback to the Jizaitoys version IMO was the overall floppiness and that you simply could not keep it in vehicle mode at all. If you looked at it the wrong way it fell apart! lol

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    That's that happens when people have the wrong info :(  Umm this is the only thing I have with the Orginal Jizaitoys wheelie as it was destroyed in the process

[​IMG]

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's got balljoint elbows, which render bicep swivels a moot point.

7. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heres a photo as comparison with other deluxe bots.

- Gregg

Attached Files:

8. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    He is taller than BB, wow....glad i have no interest in this guy...igears version should be the right scale....

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Looks totally fine to me. I can deal with him being slightly taller than another minibot. Not that I'm really that concerned with scale, I mean this is Transformers after all. :lol 

10. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    He's to tall and kind of chunky to be in your deluxe/voyager classics shelf..If you notice Wheelie's face looks gigantic compared to Classics Bee. I don't think he fits in properly. I think he fits in more with the Masterpiece line. I mean Wheelie was a shrimp in the movie right?

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Does he really have to fit anywhere? Let him be for what he is, a cool toy! :) 

12. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Dude I agree with you.... but it was just a nick pick on my end.. but I gotta say he does look very cool! I'm tempted to get one..

13. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    anybody doesnt want there Wheelie ..hit me up i will take him..thanks

14. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only thing that kinda irks me ( not enough to dissuade me from buying soon ) are the arms in relation to JizaiToy's version. In a comparison shot using MegaMoonMan's photo of Headmaster1987's Wheelie you can see everything is not quite as flush.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cobra, would have any insight as to this small misalignment issue?

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Like I said in the other thread, I think that was my fault. The arms tend to pop out easily since they don't lock in.

Then again, there's a balljoint in the shoulder on this one that the original doesn't seem to have, so that bumps the arm out a little. I don't have him with me so I can't check for sure.

16. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Thx for clearing that up MMM

17. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

Just got mine today. I'm not sure how I feel about it.... I'll tell you about the things I like first. He looks great as a robot. The colors are nice. The headsculpt looks good. He cames with enough sticker to give a TON of my 3rd Party bots faction symbols. His packaging is great. The collector cards are cool.

Now for what I'm on the fence about...
    He's really heavy. He's huge. His car mode is kinda odd looking, even compared to pics of it.

The things I DON'T like... Painted diecast, just an accident waiting to happen. Nothing pegs into place (except the tabs on the back of his legs), the big issue is in car mode, he's just all wobbly. In bot mode, you can see where his diecast body should peg into his plastic crotch, but it doesn't, it just flops around because the peg holes are much too small. The fist holes aren't a standard size, so he can't hold weapons from ANY other bots, not even the Cyberverse ones, so that means custom weapon, or wait for Powerglide and hope there's a slingshot (it looks like a teaser on the back of the box beside the Powerglide teaser).

I know, I listed a lot of bad there, but I can fix the body/crotch pegging issue (I think), a custom slingshot won't be too hard and some of the wobly can be fixed by slightly tapping the rivets in his shoulders (I don't sugest anyone do this, since it looks like it might be easy to break. I'm just saying that I might risk it later on.)

All things considered, I'm pretty happy. He was worth the money, but I'll still be buying the iGear Wheelie (or whatever other smaller version comes out). Man this sticker sheet is awesome. I can't say much for the quality of the stickers yet, but they do look really nice on the sheet!

Should you buy him?
    I don't know, it's up to you. Do you like wheelie?
    Would you be happy with a HUGE version of him that is heavy enough use as a weapon?
    Do you mind the chance of paint chipping?
    These are things to consider.
    For the price, I like him, but I don't like the diecast, but I do like the weight....

Would I still have bought him after seeing one in hand? Yeah. It would have changed my expectation, which would have led to me being happier once I got one. I kinda got my hopes up too high while waiting for him, so at first it was a bit of a let down, but not because of the toy, it was because I expected too much.

(Sorry if anything I said is a contradiction, I just got him and I've been playing with him while writting this and he's been a bit distracting... LOL)

For the price, I think he's just fine..

18. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I have a request...

Can anyone post a pic of Wheelie next to City Commander and/or Protector?

19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Anyone got Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper as well as Wheelie?

I reckon he might look good displayed with those.

20. Armoredrah

Armoredrah Junkion

While I' rather happy with the figure, it turns out that all those stickers I was so excited about are crap. The first one I used looked good for about an hour, then the corner started to peel, but it wasn't the entire sticker, it was just the layer with the image. The actual sticker part was fine, but the thin image layer on top just came right off. I also tried one of the decepticon stickers. It isn't printed correctly, so the white outline is only on one side, making it look, well, crooked. I'll be ordering some things from reprolables soon..