China Shipping Issues

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RondoCalrissian, Jan 26, 2020.

1. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered from one*day_bid on the 11th March and arrived at my home on 7th May. Shanghai is a bottleneck. My package was held at Shanghai customs for 6 weeks from 16th March and then was released on the 17th April. Basically took another 3 weeks before it was finally exported and actually left China.

I’ve bought quite a lot from one*day_bid and they do package the items well protecting the contents.

I’ve been happy with them overall given they do respond quickly to messages.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HazySaiyan

HazySaiyan I can quit anytime I want!

UPDATE: My parcel arrived this morning

• Like Like x 3
  3. Curt76

Curt76 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Mine made it today also, it was a long journey but it is finally here.;) Almost 3 months. 6Ij0Okml.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. fywdyl

fywdyl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Update: just received my Sheridan yesterday (May 14). It just took a while for the tracking to update.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Do speedpak shipments get flagged to be taken by horseback from site to site in the US or something? I've got something that is taking days/weeks to make jumps from city to city, just a few hundred miles at a time.

No other mail is going so slow. It's maddening. God I hate speedpak.

• Like Like x 2
  6. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Actually, there is. Media mail but it varies where its going. I had one coming to me take 2+ weeks. A package I sent to someone took all most 3 and I had to get the PO involved because it didn't scan anywhere for 2 of those weeks. I was told the mail that is less used is getting the back seat and was direct from a Postal worker but it varies because I've had some get to its destination in less than a week too.

These packages are not going to Puerto Rico or Alaska but FL, CA, TX, etc so there is no rhyme or reason that I can find for the sporadic delivery times.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    i believe SpeedPak has nothing to do with local delivery, at least that's not the case in Canada. once landed, Orange Connex hands it off to customs to clear. then local post service takes over to deliver, in your case USPS.

i'm not sure what the condition is in the US, but we got news report just the other day that our CanadaPost service is working at about 50% capacity due to CV19 infections and the 6ft/2m working constraints between workers at processing/sorting facilities.

8. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

babaBo sent me a small Newage Megs hips package, took only a week and a half, arrived today. Shipping for it was £4 rather than the usual £1, but that's as fast as usual to London. Wonder why Showz are looking at £14 or whatever they are charging. I'm sure it's fair for what they're looking at in costs, must be a different region of China or something, or differing rates for different business models.

9. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    I've been told that cost for SpeedPak has been doubled, perhaps even twice since the pandemic has started. Cost is the main reason for some retailers in China not using it. Standard ChinaPost ePacket is significantly cheaper for them to turn a better profit on low cost/profit items.

Personally from experience in the past few months, I like using SpeedPak over ePacket because Orange Connex (contracted by eBay to offer logistic service in China) seems to take more care in routing packages within China to alternate ports that aren't bogged down, the main one being Shanghai which seems like everyone has a package stuck at in limbo since March. I will actually look at what method a seller is using to weigh in on where to purchase from on eBay right now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WealthimusPrime

WealthimusPrime Well-Known Member

just curious where you ordered from, as I'm looking to get one of those

11. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I ordered it off AliExpress. Seller was DragonToy Store , once it hit Canada it slowed right down. It'll likely be delivered Monday or Tuesday, just in time for me to get home on Wednesday after being away for work lol

12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    i've been seeing minimum of about 1 week for packages to clear from customs and picked up by CP before finally seeing progress of delivery. the worst was 40 days before delivered, with 3 weeks spent held up at customs. wasn't even opened or inspected. :p 

13. wboender

wboender Impatient Overspender

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    figured i’d give an update: D1AB7A61-D88F-4BDB-9846-B62D6E3D0E9F.jpeg after 2 months it’s finally changed status

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Everything that has been in lock up for seven weeks out of China has finally arrived. It's my Duck Convoy out of Japan that is still MIA.

15. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Man, I’ve been begging bababobo for a week to take my money for my Iceman preorder. What is the deal here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Ive seen no movement on my Unclebilly order. It went through Shanghai. :( 

17. protohuman

protohuman Save the whales

How does Speedpack tracking get updated if it does not track through the USPS website? Do destination scanners send tracking information to multiple sources regardless if they retain the information? I have mixed package delivery issues since I have two homes on the same property with different street addresses and names. You think it wouldn't be that difficult but I assume couriers are under work deadlines, no time actually find the residences. Was supposed to receive a package today but instead I got no mail and they sent everything back, thanks USPS.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  18. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    SpeedPak packages does get local postal tracking but it's a different local postal tracking number based in your country which gets assigned when it's landed, and is linked back to your original ES prefix tracking update you get in your eBay account. for me in Canada, you have to send a request to Orange Connex support and ask them to provide the local tracking number when the package has landed. a new separate local postal tracking number is assigned once the package is in your country but you never get it through your eBay account. email Orange Connex your ES prefixed tracking number you get in eBay, and they can tell you what your local postal tracking number is that's been assigned. basically Orange Connex takes your package, relabels and mails it on through your local postal service.

orangeconnex.com

also, if you plug in your eBay ES prefix tracking number in 17track website, you actually get tracking on both ends. One side is the Orange Connex original ES prefix tracking number you originally get from eBay for your package originating from China, and also the other local postal tracking updates in your country. but sadly it doesn't display what the local postal tracking number is. only way to find out is to email Orange Connex support to get it.

17track.net

• Like Like x 3
  19. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    How long is too long? I have an order on Aliexpress that hasn't updated since March 24th. On May 6th the seller said they checked & it should have already hit the USA. But still no update to tracking. It says THIS ORDER WILL CLOSE IN 9 DAYS.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    i've just been informed by a retailer on eBay who i chatter with on occasion that incoming foreign packages to Canada has been suspended on request by CanadaPost due to the backlog of packages in sorting/distribution facilities. the suspension is so they can give priority to local domestic shipments. i believe that this applies to all incoming foreign packages from any country, not just China and not just applying to SpeedPak service.

i recall this happening once before when CanadaPost postal workers went on strike and CanadaPost issued to other countries to suspend sending any shipments into the country. guess this was going to be the next step given CanadPost news announcement about the staffing issues with CV19. and i guess i won't be making any more purchases in the foreseeable future now. :(