China Shipping Issues

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RondoCalrissian, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Kryptyk

Kryptyk Member

Has anyone had any issues with weapon accessories missing from figure shipments from China? I had ordered an Ori Toy Hero of Steel Optimus Prime from Robotoybase and the long-awaited box came with Optimus's blaster (its sole accessory) missing. The little blaster outline in the clamshell was empty. Also, the tape seal at the bottom of the box was already cut. Because of Tony from Robotoybase's good reputation and ease of dealing with him, I am inclined to think it may have been China customs. I'm waiting to hear his response. On a related note, I also once had a Pocket Toys Shockwave (Ebay order) confiscated at China customs a couple months ago. I was promptly refunded by the vendor. He didn't say the reason but I thought it might have been because it was a "gun." So apparently, China customs cannot tell the difference between a real gun and a tiny toy figure's gun? Anyone else experience something similar?

Update: Tony of Robotoybase is contacting the factory, for a replacement gun I am assuming.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Can someone confirm if shipping companies are back to normal? :rolleyes: 
    tfd.png

3. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just saw this on Baba's site and I'm sure will impact other stores too:

"Due to the sharp decrease in flights and the coming May Day holiday, China Post will suspend Epacket ’s shipping service for a period of time from now until May 5. During this period, our customer service is working normally, but we cannot provide shipping services. I hope everyone understands!"

This just keeps getting brutal with all the delays and backups, as well as the increase in shipping costs now up to $15-18 per item.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MilanX3

MilanX3 Well-Known Member

Are all sellers from China mentioning these issues, and is the price increase permanent or just for an unknown time period at the moment?

5. svek

svek Well-Known Member

after 2 months we're at it again :banghead: 

6. Dresky

Dresky Well-Known Member

I bought from TF-Direct on the 23rd. Checked this morning and saw this message :

Due to the effect of Conora Virus, International shipping has significant reduction in air capacity.

Plus, our freight charge has been increased serveral times, so we can't handle and ship the package for now until the freight is back to normal.

[Updated in Apr 29th 2020]
    If you don't want to wait or need to ship your package right away, we have to ask you for the addtional shipping fee, US$15-30 per package. (It is available to ship the item which is below 2KG for now.)

So i guess i won't see my figure soon lol.

7. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

I finally got my Zeta Armageddon/Bruticus from Baba that I ordered early November around mid March. That's the longest I ever had to wait for Transformers figures but I am used to waiting for a while for packages to come overseas. But what really grinds my gears is that Vortex, Onslaught, and Blast off all have broken parts and scratches. I messaged Baba about it and it looks I'm going to have to wait longer since production in China is at low capacity as well as the increased shipping restrictions.

8. Tetiobot

Tetiobot Well-Known Member

It will not be temporary if people with #firstworldproblems will continue to buy and request shipping during this period even with an increase in price.
    It's quite simple : if I see that lots of customers are willing to pay more to have it now, means that they will be able to continue to pay after.
    It's exactly the same reason why you should never place preorder for a figure without knowing final price: you're telling to shops that you will pay whatever price just don't care.

And prices will continue to rise..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Synthwave

Synthwave Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah this is getting dumb.

I ordered a Gigapower Swoop from Show.Z and Gigapower Slag from a reliable ebay seller, both on February 12th.

Slag's tracking # was created on February 20th and the last known update to it was March 4th and was translated from Chinese to English as such: "Leave the International Mail Processing Center and the next stop, Shanghai International Mail Exchange Station (via transfer)
    Shanghai"

That was almost 2 months ago at this point.

Swoop from Show.Z didn't ship until over a month later (around March 14th) and has the last known update of: "Shanghai, "International Mail Processing Center" has been exported directly sealed"

For all I know they're both sitting in a warehouse somewhere in Shanghai International Airport and will be for quite some time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    My Aoyi Mech Jazz is getting out of customs. Was shipped, last week via CNE.

• Like Like x 1
  11. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just had an eBay order cancelled by onedaybid for a toysmage Megatron, they simply said they couldn't promise me a delivery date and couldn't get the package out in a timely manor so went ahead and cancelled the order on their end and refunded me. I'm trying to pick one up in and around UK/EU as sourcing from TF-direct or Show.z will more than likely yield the same problem.

I also have a Quietus paid for and I expect that to also be cancelled any day. I understand their problem, I was looking at shipping my 3 KO seekers to someone in the US from the UK today and for that size of parcel (medium) every carrier wanted £80 and up. It's just bonkers prices for shipping.

12. Synthwave

Synthwave Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah something tells me I'll be getting a refund for the Slag I purchased on Ebay (and the slight possibility of actually getting him in July/August or infinity and beyond. If Ebay refunds the purchase does that mean they take the money directly from the seller's account with them or does Ebay eat the cost?

13. silith210518

silith210518 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    eBay will take it from the sellers PayPal. Happened to me and eBay still charged me for the PayPal fee

14. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

Just curious. I have an order from SHOWZ that has been sitting in the Shanghai airport since March 15. Who here has been waiting over a month or more for an order to leave the airport?

15. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    Had an order sitting since March 6th. I messaged them on their site and they provided me with a new tracking number. It started moving again on April 8th.

16. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

If you want really bad advice, listen to this guy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Somechump

Somechump Well-Known Member

5th March item shipped.
    8th March 'Shanghai, arriving at Shanghai International Mail Exchange Station'
    15th April 'Shanghai, delivered to air transport'

Took over a month from arriving in Shanghai to being scanned at the airport. Nothing since then.

• Like Like x 2
  18. octobotimus

octobotimus The figure’s back matters

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just to remind people, if you don’t want to pay the large shipping prices, Showz is allowing you to message them and tell them to hold the item till shipping prices drop. You still pay for the item, but save on shipping.

19. Charlock

Charlock Lighten Up, Francis.

I had an order in with HZJ last week that he went ahead and cancelled. He contacted me to let me know that shipping costs were more than double what they were previously. He asked that I wait and put the order in again, at a later date.

Hong Kong post hasn't made any updated statements on when they expected things to change.

20. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How big was it? Most of the big issues are with larger packages. My Sheridan from ShowZ only took a few days to get to Canada.