China movie-goers say no.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by bman, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    No it wouldn't. What makes you so sure that a reboot will be better? What if they rebooted the films and it was worse? The Bayverse isn't the problem it's how the storytelling was done. All the Bumblebee movie needs to do is be good and get the good side of critics and them for TF6 to be good. It will already raise heads from being the first film without Bay, that alone is reason for some fans who didn't watch the last films to watch this one.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Don't forget that in the age of endless sequels it's not just about selling your current film but selling the next film as well. Happy costumers are more likely to come back to the other stuff you are offering up than customers who feel like your film was a waste of their money. So Marvel/Disney can sell just about any comic book character at this point because they have built up good will with their customers.

If the Last Knight leaves a bad taste in too many mouths that's just going to make it harder to sell the Bumblebee movie next year.

• Like Like x 3
  3. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature gottagofast

Sadly this is the truth.

4. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I think an 80% or higher Rotten Tomatoes score (for the Bumblebee Movie) would alleviate that.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    ...which will NEVER happen, especially not on that site when it comes to *anything* Transformers related.

That movie is already screwed. Between what just happened with TLK and the audible R2-Bee2 fatigue virtually everyone has now, no one (above 10 years old) is gonna run to an entire solo movie about this yellow mute where, of all the people, Hailee Steiwhatever is "the star". It's DOA - guaranteed.

• Like Like x 4
  6. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature gottagofast

Basically this. The TFs as a film series is really screwed, and people have already made their minds that all TF movies were/are/will be terribly bad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Carn't be that Bad see the figures now world wide and people have seen it like 2 or 3 times.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I wouldn't say that. I mean, for one I bet they make him less mute, but Hollywood loves a comeback story- "An actual good Transformers movie? I didn't believe it either, but now I'm here to recommend..." is the type of thing you might see if it defies expectations.

Right now it has low expectations. This can make it easier to surpass them too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Absolutely. The reputation or general public's perception of the Transformers was just fine until Bayformers tarnished it.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the breakdown...the times for robots' appearances are really short.

Maybe, just maybe the cost of the CGI is really the problem that the TF movies' are the cause of why the movies are centered on the action.

If that's the case, the writers really do have to plan and allocate the bots' appearances very carefully.

But 13 to 15 mins for AOE is really to brief.

I wonder if there's any breakdowns for the earlier movies such as DOTM or ROTF...surely it can't be that short.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

You missed the point entirely. It's about the general audience's view of the movieverse. But, hey, way to trash the die-hard, original fanbase! ;) 

On the first part, RT is a site that aggregates professional critics' opinions. They don't have an agenda. AND they put the audience poll percentages on their for those that don't respect critics.

It WAS. However, it has been replaced by the Bayverse. That's what happens when something is remade without respect for the property.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

It really is - I calculated it in seconds - and for hilarity here is my note keeping

IMG_3006.JPG

There's only once when the continued duration goes above 190 seconds - however it really hit me how long 10 seconds in a film - it sounds like not a lot but it's a lot longer than you initially think

• Like Like x 3
  13. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think u r right when the robots on screen we feel they r on it much longer esp when they engage in small chitchats

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That's true. People seem to go crazy for a movie that somehow redeems or saves a series. All those stories about how Batman was cool again after the low point of Batman and Robin. How James Bond was back and cooler than ever. So many entertainment head lines about Wonder Woman saves the DCEU. People seem to be all excited that Spider Man is being saved thanks to the Sony/Marvel/Disney deal.

If the Bumblebee movie can get the entertainment headlines of Bumblebee save the Transformers cinematic universe then we would be talking a whole other ball game. It's not like studios haven't come back before. Looking at the smaller films it's not like Paramount doesn't put out anything good so there are talented people on the lot.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie just lost its way...i meant is not about transformers already, they didnt even want to develope robots characters..now boxoffice is a mess, they shoud learn a lessons on this..

16. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Epic Fail of the Year...
    Ive read comics better then this movie...and i like these movies but TLK made me feel like this for the 1st time...
    IMG473719209.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Btw, one of the worst possible reactions it could get would be "Meh."

That can be worse for sales than fiery dislike!

• Like Like x 1
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    While I'm not sure that the Bee movie would turn things around even if it's legitimately the best TF movie so far you are right about the chance of the TF reboot possibly being just as flawed if not worse then what we have right now. After all we have to look at the 2015 FF movie as a good example of it.

Are you really sure about that? Because if I remember right people before the Bay movies just looked at the TF franchise as just simple kiddy stuff and as something that isn't able to go to different directions even if it wanted to. People can say what they want about the Bay movies but there's no denying that not only did it show that it's possible to make a movie about the idea of a transforming robotic race possible in real life but it allowed for things like TFA,IDW TFP,etc to happen as well as Generations.

And before people say to me "The TF brand would've done fine without the movies!" I should say that while yes the TF brand was doing fine without the Bay movies we wouldn't have seen the massive influence and exposure as well as Generations and the MP growing as it did.

19. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Classics/Generations started in 06 before any movies. The toys would have happened no matter what.. crediting the longevity of the Transformers to Bay is almost an insult. They'd be here with or without him.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Classics started in '06, but it could have failed in '07 without the increased brand interest the movie brought. You have no way of knowing.

The one thing we do know is that we've been told countless times by Hasbro that the success of the movies and movie lines pays for the underperforming lines we actually care about. Whether you choose to believe what they tell us is up to you, I guess, but that's what they've said.

• Like Like x 4