China Ebay Seller Check

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you paid using Paypal, I strongly recommend filing your refund claim through Paypal instead of Ebay. The process is much faster. You'll want to call Paypal and speak to a live agent. Paypal's phone number and instructions are on the first post of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skids Row

Skids Row Member

I "strongly" disagree with that statement. i have found it much, much harder to get your refund done through PayPal versus eBay. I've just went through 19 refund processes in the last 2 months using both methods plus using charge back features through my bank and the eBay refund recovery time is by far much much faster.

Firstly you want to file a "I Didn't Receive it" in the drop down menu to the right side under your Purchase History per item and NOT do a Return Item through eBay. If the seller does not reply after 48 hours you automatically get your refund back in 2 days after that to your same payment method through eBay's protection policy. I did the same thing against xytcw110-4 just last week, he screwed me over as well.

But DO NOT file a return through PayPal at the same time as you do this described above through eBay because eBay will drop your case as unsettled and let PayPal take over which takes up to 2 weeks I have experienced and you need to call PayPal multiple times to check up on the refund and make sure it gets pushed through. And every time you call PayPal they don't pick up for atleast 30 minutes or more on the front end and if they transfer you up to their disputes dept. it could be another 30 minute wait on hold before their 2nd pick up rep.

So if you don't want to go through a world of hurt as I have sooo many times already, learn from my mistakes and do yourself a favor and go through the eBay normal process. It's much, much faster and they always pickup the call within' a minute or two so you will always get someone on their phone pronto to talk to.

3. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

The problem with this point of view, is that making a "I didn't receive it" selection from Ebay only works if you've gone past the delivery window, which in the case of many Chinese sellers, can be 1-2 months from the order date of an in-stock item. Paypal has always closed a case in my favor when a seller has not replied, or a shipment has not made any movement within 10 days regardless of delivery window.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skids Row

Skids Row Member

I wholeheartedly agree with Scourgatron. PayPal will not back you up like eBay will because PayPal cannot see all the data that eBay does and will not understand the whole story behind the sale nor the bad reputation of the seller from poor feedback scores. eBay can obviously see more details about the dispute case to make a more educated decision on the dispute in the buyer's favor. I had to give up on some PayPal reps. and just hang up and call back (wait another 30 minutes on hold) to talk to another rep. that was more cooperative. A total chase and waste of time. I will always use the eBay protection policy method from now on with any of these Chinese sellers.

5. Skids Row

Skids Row Member

That is not true, i have had a many of my cases closed and in my favor way before the expiration of the delivery time window. Some eBay reps. will tell you this and go by the book, but then you just say let me talk to a manager in the escalations dispute department and they will take care of it for you. I think I have had over 5 cases settled this way. I think some of them were stores that were already closed. I always ask the rep if these sellers were suspended before and they tell me that the same seller has had 2 or 3 or 5 stores already closed before this one, and maybe they are already red-flag from multiple complaints right before me or if they have other linked accounts where those are red-flagged or previous suspended accounts. An eBay rep will tell you all of this data and close the case in your favor based on the seller's previous derogatory acts. Just ask them about all this stuff next time you call eBay, the overseas Philippines call center will tell you everything.

6. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

Arrival today from
    one*day_bid
    Yes model seekers IMG_20190315_073850.jpg IMG_20190315_074236.jpg IMG_20190315_075250.jpg IMG_20190315_075356.jpg IMG_20190315_075413.jpg IMG_20190315_075600.jpg IMG_20190315_075612.jpg IMG_20190315_075607.jpg IMG_20190315_075619.jpg IMG_20190315_080414.jpg IMG_20190315_080234.jpg IMG_20190315_075916.jpg IMG_20190315_081508.jpg IMG_20190315_081516.jpg IMG_20190315_081443.jpg IMG_20190315_085827.jpg IMG_20190315_085822.jpg IMG_20190315_085848.jpg IMG_20190315_085855.jpg IMG_20190315_085843.jpg IMG_20190315_090552.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

So, your entire scenario is based on finding a random manager who doesn't actually follow the policies, a seller who had a documented track record of problems, and a number of other active disputes against the seller, and even then, is only worked maybe 5 times for you? Yeah, definitely going to stick with PayPal and do it the legitimate way that isn't based on a list of random luck.

8. Thingfromthevoid

Thingfromthevoid I don't get out much...

Inside Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head
    I don't bother with PayPal or ebay... I just send a couple of 'the boys' over to China to 'have a word' with the seller ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. AutoconDeceptibot

AutoconDeceptibot Well-Known Member

Sounds very reminiscent of the 'Nutters from Parkhurst'.

• Like Like x 1
  10. snarbles

snarbles New Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Thanks, I just ordered a Maketoys G2 Jazz from him. I look today and he has listed another. I am worried now.

12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Apparently you are filing the refund claim wrong.
    I've never had to do anything online or use the dropdown or anything. I simply called Paypal and spoke to a live agent over the phone as instructed on the first post of this thread. I then explain the situation to them. The live agent then tells me they have to give the seller a few days to respond. Within 10-12 max or less I get my money refunded. Throughout the process I've never needed to contact Ebay in any shape or form. The only time I notify Ebay is once I've gotten my refund through Paypal as mentioned, I might call Ebay, and speak to their live agent to get my Ebay flash sale coupon amount refunded........and that's if I used a flash sale coupon. Otherwise, the process is handled 100% through Paypal live phone support. Many, many others here have handled it this way with no issues. When done properly Paypal is a much better solution, period.

I can see you are very new to these threads. With that said, if your 19 refund claims are from Chinese TF sellers on Ebay, I recommend utilizing consulting the Good/Bad seller list on the first post of this thread until you become more acclimated at accurately spotting potential Ebay scammers. No one should be having 19 Ebay claims within 60 days. There is apparently a severe flaw in the way you shop on Ebay. You may need to seek assistance from others here in the way you buy on Ebay. You can also use the search function to see if anyone here has posted their experiences about a particular seller. Plus you can always post a question asking about a seller.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Skids Row

Skids Row Member

No you're wrong, this isn't my "entire scenario" and it isn't about a random manager. EVERY manager that I have talked to has given me this information on sellers, enough so that I have made a list of good worth sellers to buy from and the ones to avoid. They are very open to sharing this information actually. I only needed to do this for the "I didn't receive it" option in the drop down menu "BEFORE" the time delivery window expired for 5 disputes and it worked each and every time.

Look, the fact of the matter is, is that when you call customer service for any company, eBay, Amazon, Verizon, Apple, whatever it is, some customer service reps want to help you out and some don't, and the ones whom don't you just hang up and call back again. We have all been through THIS "scenario" before right. When an eBay manager sees that the seller has a bad track record of screwing over customers he will immediately decide in your favor and all the seller's red-flags, previously suspended accounts and current complaints, and current closed store ...are all factors in the right decision going your way.

Listen, I have just bought 53 Transformers and been through 19+ returns through eBay, PayPal and my bank in the last 2 months, more so than many others on this forum. I have been on the phone with eBay, PayPal and my bank literally every day to chase down my refunds. I have gone through a war here with the Chinese sellers and know the refund policies very very well. Trust me it is by far easier through eBay than PayPal if you do it the right way as discussed above in previous posts.

14. Skids Row

Skids Row Member

Nah man, I'm not filing the refund wrong at all. When you call eBay to do the same thing as the "I didn't receive it" in the drop down, they are only doing it for you manually instead of you doing it yourself online, call them up and ask them yourself. PayPal is the clearing house for eBay so ofcourse they will be the bridge to getting your refund processed but the initiation is quicker through eBay for sure. I may be new to this forum but not to the practice of using a forum. I wish that I had consulted this eBay Sellers list before I embarked on buying all of the Transformers yes, no doubt about that. There is no flaw in the way I shop these on eBay the reason why there were so many returns is because I have had such a high number of purchase in the last 2 months as well. And the Chinese New Year was a factor with sellers not responding and also many many Transformers went on backorder because Black Mamba, Dream Factory, Wei Jiang, etc. all went on vacation as well so nothing was being manufactured. And I was looking to buy items in stock and many sellers lied to me saying they had Megatron, Optimus Prime and Blackout in stock when they didn't and then they expected me to wait for them as they wanted to hold my funds hostage until the factories came back to producing the next batch so I filed for a return to get my money back and buy from another seller honestly telling me that they had the Transformer in stock ...but then those 2nd sellers lied to me to and they didn't have them in stock as well. And I'm still looking for Megatron, Black out and Optimus.

15. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Holy cow 19+ returns in 60 days !?? I highly recommend following @ChromeMagnus's advice and in particular - bookmark/follow/consult the good/bad sellers list in this thread. I would add to the mix "if in doubt OR the deal seems too good to be true, just don't do it." I started following this thread from the first time I bought something from a China seller and I have been "scammed" exactly ONCE and it was just one of those cases where a good seller went bad at exactly the wrong time (for me). Maybe I've been lucky, but I mainly just play it safe and stick to the reputable sellers. If you're on the phone every day trying to get refunds ... man you are wasting a lot of time, in my opinion probably more-than-erasing any benefit you may be getting from the occasional score. Spend time playing with your toys, not trying to get your money back on deals gone bad. @ChromeMagnus probably knows more than most on these boards about the ins-and-outs of buying from China, please listen to him with an open mind!

• Like Like x 2
  16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Well Skids, if you want to keep getting what you're getting, then keep doing what you're doing. The rest of us will continue doing the opposite which has proven to be better and most of all, easier.

[​IMG]

My brother!!! I said the exact same things yet he wants to sit and argue with us. Like the old saying goes, "a hard head makes for a soft behind."

I find it hard to believe he's filing a refund claim properly when it is clear he isn't evaluating Ebay deals properly. He's probably going for obvious too good to be true bait like FansToys Sovereign for $40 shipped. This guy is a Chinese scammer's wet dream. I think he needs to stick to USA sellers like TCP, BBTS, TFSource etc until understands otherwise.
    I've been buying from Chinese sellers on Ebay constantly for 4 years and have only been scammed 4 or 5 times tops, most of which were my fault.

In fact Paypal and Ebay can give you pushback if they feel you are abusing the refund option which this guy is likely doing (whether intentional or not but damn I don't see who wouldn't see 19+ refund claims in 60 days as intentional).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Thingfromthevoid

:popcorn 

• Like Like x 3
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Like 2Pac said...."more drama than a soap opera."

• Like Like x 1
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
  20. Thingfromthevoid

Did he used to be on here?! :eek: 

• Like Like x 2