China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Maverickk

Maverickk Well-Known Member

Try opening a disputed with PayPal for non delivered goods if you haven't done so in eBay.

I had two sellers go rogue and once I saw negative feedback coming in I filed a dispute 10 days before the estimated delivery date.
    Seller has 10 days to reply and they most likely won't. Paypal freezes their funds and you don't have to wait so long to get your money back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

Was about to post the same thing. I got scammed by zhou as well; once I noticed no updates for weeks and growing negative feedback, I called ebay. They told me they couldn't do anything until after the estimated delivery date (which was set at something like 6 weeks), but the woman on the phone at least suggested I try paypal to see if they could help. Gave them a call, the guy took a look at the account, and immediately opened up a dispute. Got my money back 10 days later.

3. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    I used Zhou, received item no problem. Went back the day I received my first order from him to get a Quakeblast and MPP10 and got scammed.

Emailed gianjj about customs fees for a Sever (couple of weeks before he went scam) but didn't buy it, went back to and he had also gone rogue!

I've just used eBay seller star*house for a final try to get an MPP10, hopefully in a couple of weeks he will be here!

4. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I just got a refund for a transaction from this guy too for Sunsurge. Like a few other folks i put in an order when they had good reputation but never received the figure.

Ebay are tied to their dispute system but it does work. I started the dispute 8 days ago, the seller didn't reply, then i escalated it this morning and got a refund a couple of hours later. Can't really fault the process at all.

5. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone bought anything from this seller?
    toy-sir on eBay
    Goes by the name of Toy Sir. Hes got a 100% rating from over one thousand transactions over the last 12 months. Not sure if its too legit or not.

6. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

I bought one of the loose mp09s from him back in Feb, no issues and responded to emails quickly.
    But, I also had something from Zhou scammer before they went rogue, so there is that. I'm pretty much out of anything from china ebay sellers now as I also got scammed by gianjji or whatever he was called too, even though had something from them before.

It will likely be okay, but at least you are protected by PayPal and ebay to a lesser extent.

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    we should update the front page with the good ones. all i remember is bababobo and liang102....something.

8. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Fixed that!
    I've become rather cynical lately, bababobo or bust I think for now.

Would be good to have the date last used against them too.

9. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Don't forget lena81822 he-she is a great seller.

10. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, the seller that was mentioned in the OP turned out to be a scammer (I'm pretty sure he was the same person who scammed me last time under a different ID based on how similar their messages were). Lots of people are leaving him negative feedback.

11. CronoSabre

CronoSabre Well-Known Member

Just wanted to thank everyone here for the advice. Unfortunately I saw it after I got refunded though. Next time I will ask for the "escalation team" and mention that it is a known fraudulent seller.

I did wait until after my scheduled delivery date and again put "I didn't receive it". The system made me input a message to the seller (which I had already done about a week earlier with no response). At this point I called eBay again and used their automated system to file a dispute. It took less than 4 hours and they had decided in my favor and I got my Paypal refund shortly afterwards. It worked pretty well in the end, kind regret giving their automated system a score of 3/10 after I finished the call. :) 

The only problem I still have is that since I am Canadian I was charged in USD and had my credit card convert it (since I find their rate a little better than Paypal's). Unfortunately when I got refunded I of course didn't get it all back due to conversion fees. My credit card gives me protection though so I will have to call them now.

12. duttry98

duttry98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Stay away from laobanzhang201

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

You are so right about this one. I won an auction and then saw all of the other auctions up. I called eBay and the next day he had been removed completely so I never paid. Same pattern 20-30 positive feedback, selling a few small items and then all of a sudden hundreds of figures, mostly TF.

When I called they said the had no proof and that I should pay and had to let the "process" take place. However, I know this got punted to the escalation team. He was off a couple of hours later. eBay said they are able to withhold the money from the seller.

14. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

that might be the new scam. given that these scammers are probably aware of boards/communities that are trading feedback, they sell a handful of items as "legit", probably strung out by using slow shipping. So they bank on both that bead selling/private sale rating and having real people claim they are legit. Then once they've gotten a dozen or so positive "real" reviews of actual products, set as many hooks as possible to make a few grand, then run off with the money.

really, no honest seller will:
    1) have a profile built up with hundreds of <$1 sale of stupid things like beads
    2) mark their feedback as private
    3) be new to eBay but are able to rack up hundreds/thousands of sales within a few months to a year. If you can manage to ship hundreds of items a month, it's highly unlikely you're a small operation, and if you're a big operation you've already got an established rep, so suddenly operating on that scale don't make no sense. (rare exceptions no doubt apply).

as we get more savvy, so do the scammers.

15. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Some of my recent experiences:

hzj401 - 2016, bought a $15 KO, several days later it was marked as shipped ... then several days later yet again, "oops sorry, sold out", refunded me. WTF? It was marked as sent but was not sent? Too many liars out there. Then he/she re-listed it for a higher price a week later.

zhouxialinanlu - 2016, bought an MP because everybody else was sold out. He/she had 2k+ feedback going back at least a year, no real negatives. After the eBay arrive-by date passed, I saw he/she had 150+ recent negatives.

And worst experiences:

hadesbusiness ([email protected]) - 2014, bought a 3P, had 100+ feedback, then disappeared. His/her feedback is still flawless, but only because the account is no longer registered. And I somehow lost the eBay case (zero explanation), and was screwed for $90.

wheeljackslab - 2013, and although not Chinese, I just wanted to mention that this guy is an ass. He lies, he's rude, and he's deceptive. It's strange how his forum/web feedback is in the toilet, yet his eBay feedback is fine. He's as bad as Chinese sellers. The biggest con he pulls is by hiding flaws of the figure/box/etc by not showing it in any of the photos. If you cannot see something, assume it's broken or filthy.

It's getting to where I'm just not buying from Chinese eBay sellers at all, period, no exceptions. It's honestly a 50/50 crap shoot, and even $5 items are arriving damaged.

BBTS, The Chosen Prime, Captured Prey, Ages 3 and Up, and TFSource are far more reliable.

I truly hate the Chinese packaging anyway:
    - not using boxes with padding, but pathetic Styrofoam or cardboard
    - taping every inch of the package, and you almost damage the item trying to get it out
    - few ever use bubbles, boxes, or peanuts. I'd gladly pay a tiny bit extra for non-shitty packaging

16. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gambling time. I found a couple of eBay sellers with absurd prices. They have listed the prices lower by putting a lot into shipping rate, but still absurd. Had to give it a try though since there is Paypal protection. I was looking up TFC Bigbite and found him for $48 shipped (from both). I went with the one with slightly lower feedback figuring he wasn't as close to shifting to scam mode.

liuyan3411 | eBay

shichen134 | eBay

17. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Hope it pans out, but I can't see that happening. Prices that good.... I'd be in, once verified.

18. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree 100% with this, but I wouldn't feel right asking someone else to do it for me (if someone does as a second witness that would be great though). TFC figures are just about the only things I don't order from The Chosen Prime, so I figured I may as well go for broke.

19. robotmel

robotmel *All must transform*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    That first seller has just ripped the entire listing from Smartlulp2010 and even includes the very same KO Legends Devy gift!

Oh come on.....

20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't mean much at this point, but I got a shipping notice less then 4 and a half hours after purchase. It could easily be fake, or a literal brick.