China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anything can happen but it is very hard to image why baba will go rogue given the reputation he has built over the years. If I were him, I would stay in the business knowing that I have tons of buyers waiting to buy from me.

2. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    That Thank You note is the cutest thing ever. Makes me want to buy something from the seller. Lol.

3. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

More negative feedback coming in for hxli7777_5. I'm not waiting, filing my Paypal claim tomorrow morning.

4. shelbee350

shelbee350 Well-Known Member

I filed my claim with Paypal a couple of days ago and got my refund already. Probably going to stick with the usual merchants from now on...

5. rumble81

rumble81 Minion

got a reply from whzjen1976-9 ... things not looking good.

New message from: whzhen1976-9 [​IMG](270[​IMG])

I received your letter and asked the post office immediately. The item was detained because it contained metal. But please don't worry, you'll be able to track it soon. The post office man told me: "the customs are always strict for a few days and relax for a few days.". I hope you understand!

6. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

How are sellers determined to be legit? It sounds like the seller being discussed above is actually going rogue...

7. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    At the time when they are listed other members on here have had positive and good transactions with them. Later on they can become scammers or go rogue

8. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be the criteria for GOOD sellers? What makes a seller good then?

Legit sounds like they are a person who is actually known in the community (either by manufactures, distributors or fans) somehow, that can be spoken for on a more personal level... Not just another faceless seller.

9. rumble81

rumble81 Minion

this message from yumyumprime also showed up on my profile today

YumYumPrime Can you help me to post? I am still unable to post as new user. Thank you
    * whzhen1976-9 is trying to delay your claim to paypal so he can have enough time to withdraw the money that he took from paypal.
    As I mentions before hxli7777_5 and whzhen1976-9 are the same guy named (郭瑶 in Chinese) Kwok Yiu
    People should start to file to ebay or paypal as soon as possible to stop this scammer. *

10. Madgame

So I was going to open a Paypal claim for my 2 packages from hxli7777_5, then this morning I see they hit Chicago ISC Customs last night. I'm still thinking it's a scam - either package will never move from the facility or or wrong item in the package as other feedback claims. Should I wait a few days to see if there is movement, or proceed and file a claim? I'm thinking I could inform Paypal that I believe it is a scam and if during the 10 day window the package arrives and is legit I can cancel the claim. If not legit then I shorten the wait time.

11. bad andy

bad andy Well-Known Member

I placed an order the other day from TOYNK - I'll update at the completion of the transaction. This seller is based in the US, by the way-

12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    based on feedback from @YumYumPrime and others hxli7777_5 and whzhen1976-9 are going on the bad seller's list.

13. rumble81

rumble81 Minion

i filed a dispute with paypal today for whzhen1976-9

its kinda funny, because ive now been scammed 5 times in the past year - 3 times in a row last year within a 3 week window, and these 2 within a 2 week window. all the sellers had between 99-100% feedback at the time of purchase and always had a rating well over 100.
    ive done countless purchases with chinese sellers and it seems like it comes in these heavy waves. i bet a lot of the scammers do it with multiple accounts and do it at the same time with all their accounts.

14. Madgame

Alright, another update on my Grassor/Guttur from hxli7777_5. Both packages arrived at ISC in Chicago, and one has actually departed with estimated delivery 6/13. The other says processed through but not departed with same estimated delivery. So it appears at this point I will actually receive packages, but the kicker is on both the package type is first class/small packets. No way that should apply to the big dino boxes, first class is limited to smaller dimensions and under 1lb. Fuck.

Any advice? My plan I suppose would be to video record the packages on my porch, bringing them inside and immediately opening while video documenting.

15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone else bought from kit1160 recently?

16. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

well fuckitty fuck....I ordered a primorion from that guy and at the time he had 0 negative feedback and 2 nuetral. I thought I was golden....now it seems he may have gone rogue. Just our luck eh. Well I guess I will wait and see if anything happens....his tracking number is not showing anything except for the fact that a number was created. Been that way for 5-6 days now. I sent him a message asking about that. I guess I too could use some advice, should I wait (and if so, how long?) or should I contact paypal and well...I guess I aint sure what I would have them do at this point.

Advice?

17. YumYumPrime

YumYumPrime Well-Known Member

I would suggest to call paypal as soon as possible to report this seller so paypal can start the investigation and freeze his account. If your package tracking status is showing incomplete address and returned to sender, you can called ebay. Ebay will start the investigation right away and you don't need to wait for the shipping period ended to start the case. I have opened the cases on ebay and ebay said it will take a week to investigate and I should be able to get the refund in 8 days.

• Like Like x 1
  18. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

thanks for the info....but I just realized that I may not have used paypal for that order....I think I will give it a few more days and then contact ebay.

19. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have whzhen1976-9 on both the good and bad seller list, when it seems as though they should be only on the bad.

20. MrDipnSlip

MrDipnSlip UnKnown Member

News Credits:
    I had an issue with shipping (supposedly the address on the shipment was incorrect and my item is being sent back). I contacted hxli7777_5 and they said to wait for them to get info on the shipment. I opened a case on PayPal and got my refund from them rather quickly.

• Like Like x 1