China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

Bought several items from bababobo on eBay without a issue. Bought a couple on his site and one $210 one came with a box that was opened on both ends, had some white marks from stress and was missing the second face (clearly someone’s return). I got no reply on the opened part or missing face, just a reply for more pictures. Been about a month now. I was just looking for the missing face ( though thought he should offer something due to obvious return). Anyone else ever had an issue with something bought from him not on eBay? How (if) was it resolved?

2. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

bababobo normally doesn't "do" returns since most of his customers are in North America/Europe and the return shipping would be near as much as the product. Customs will sometimes open packages and closes them back up with varying degrees of success. Just saying it would be odd for anyone to get a "return" rather than a poorly boxed figure from the mfg or one that customs opened up. Not saying it is impossible or that one of the warehouse employees along the way took a peek and tried to package it back up before the boss noticed. Bought a few off the Chinese secondary market and they sipped in a damaged one with the new? It could happen.

I've had good luck getting spare parts from baba on his own website. It sometimes takes a couple months depending who the part is coming from. Some factories are a lot slower than others. Toyworld and GigaPower are likely the two worst and you could be waiting for years for parts no matter which retailer tries to get them for you. Bababobo/ShowZ/Terry all try to get the parts, but with each one I need to e-mail about once a month to find out what is happening. And even then it will sometimes take two e-mails a couple days apart to get a response. That response is usually "We've contacted XXX and they said they'd ship it last week/next week, but we're still waiting to see it". I then give them another month if they haven't sent a tracking number yet.

3. extracomputer

Cool thanks. Just thought it odd that it was opened on both ends. The damaged area is small but sadly in the front of figure. It’s the xtransbots semi trailer for menasor. The chest (main part) is where the damage is so don’t think it’s replaceable. I didn’t want to send back as I still transformed it even knowing the damage was there (not a fun transformation). I was disappointed that it was opened but really just looking for the missing face.

4. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Well XTB is still making more trailers so it doesn't hurt to ask Bababobo for both the damaged trailer part and the missing face. If XTB is sending him parts to send to you, then they might as well send both. Folks have gotten some pretty big chunks of bots in the past, so if the deal is his chest you may find it possible to get a fairly large piece replaced. Now knocking out pins to integrate it into the trailer could be another challenge you'd have to tackle on your own.

Edit: If the piece is big enough then baba may ask you to contact XTB direct yourself. They normally charge $5 or $8 for international shipping.
    X-Transbots
    Email: [email protected] & [email protected]

5. extracomputer

6. extracomputer

Thanks all for the information. Appreciate it.

7. Necrobot

Necrobot Mechanoid Vivisectionist

So my wife saw me pining for FansToys Hunk and ordered one for me from the ebay seller Toy-Sir for my b-day.

She RULES!!

20211107_115929_HDR~2.jpg

And apparently, she had no complaints at all with the transaction!! Upon opening... well... I've got no complaints either!!

AAAAANNNDDD as a bonus, the seller threw in these Autobot faction labels.

20211107_115953_HDR~2.jpg

I am not sure what type of label these are. I don't think they're decals or stickers. Does anyone know if they're water slides, or dry-rubs?

Anyhoo... To my significant other.. if you're lurking about on the China-Ebay-Seller thread while eyeing up that Mjolnir replica... THANK YOU for getting me this upgrade from my BadCube Brawny!! You certainly know how to read the context clues!!

FansToys Hunk is my JAWN!! But I can't bring myself to part with Brawny... he'll remain in alt-mode.

20211107_121107_HDR~2.jpg

And I'd be remiss if I didn't also say... KUDOS go out to Toy-Sir for a great transaction!! Chocolate covered Kudos!!!

20211107_120223_HDR~2.jpg

Aiight... Cheers Yo!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Johnny Ringo

Johnny Ringo Active Member

Instagram:
    I got stung several months ago by eBay seller 98yingcc — and even though it was the first time I got ripped off, it still stuck with me until today. And it’s all thanks to this thread for pointing me to a good seller (I got Ocular Max Eris from mascot_home) — thank you! :) 

9. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Glad to hear it!

And I love your user name, lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Johnny Ringo

Instagram:
    Thanks again! Aftermarket prices & mark-ups aren’t my favorite, but if I’m going to bite the bullet, I better get what I paid for! That last one hurt because I really wanted an MP Roadrage. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to get bunches from baba's ebay account when the eBay Flash sales were a thing, and would occasionally get some things from his personal website when the deals were better. Typically had no issues until purchasing items during a November sale. Some items ended up not being in stock, and then I think when I checked back, as other items were being delivered, he stated I needed to pay additional $ to send the items out (and I thought... that extra amount more than kills the sale price I paid in full for, and could've gotten elsewhere for less than the sale price plus newly requested shipping $s). We'll see what happens this month during any singles day or Black Friday sales he has and if all the stuff can be sent at once.

12. Tigatron01

Tigatron01 Well-Known Member

Well I just got scammed by baba:( . I recently ordered dr wu chatter from him and all I got was a stupid card board envelope with this crap inside 20211120_130203.jpg I've contacted him but no response. This isn't the first issue I've had with him, last time I ordered from him the figure arrived broken and the only response I got was "that's how it's supposed to be". I honestly would not have ordered from him again after that but I didn't realize tftoyhome was his new account name when I ordered chatter. This shit is getting really irritating :mad:  I'm never ordering from him again and I do strongly advice against it because from my experience he is a really shitty seller.
    I just hope I can get a refund from this a**hole.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Johnny Ringo

Instagram:
    Terrible news there about baba! Those stories are enough for me to stay away.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    Any experience with this seller?

6hk666666

?

15. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

I've used them several times to get 52toys Beast/Mega Box stuff. Packages arrived safe, fast, well packed, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  16. jhenry1142

jhenry1142 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Thanks for the information and the list of good and bad sellers. It is very good information.

17. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros TEAM MONKEY PANTS FOREVER

Avoid seller ximalac_2 on ebay. I don't think they are a scammer, but they are certainly an idiot of the highest order.

I bought a few sets of Ocean decals from them and paid $21.55 after taxes. After a month of no tracking updates and me occasionally pinging them to ask about it, they admitted its lost. They offered to send another, but I asked for a refund. They insisted on refunding me through a PayPal payment instead of cancelling the order via eBay and sent the amount they received from ebay ($20.99) so it was less than what I paid. On top of that, the moron sent it Goods & Services so I got charged PP fees and only got back $19.58. I started a PayPal case to get it sorted out and they asked me to return the PP payment and drop the case so they could refund me through eBay. But if I refund them through PP, it says they will refund $20.99 and I only have $19.58...so I'd be out more money.

I told them to just respond to the PP case and let them sort it out so we can clear up the fees. Instead, they started a PayPal case against ME regarding the payment they sent me citing "Goods not received." They have been pretty much messaging me every six hours or so since asking for their money back. I find it funny that they had my money for no items for over a month and kept telling me to be patient, but are flipping out when I've had their cash for two days, lol

I keep telling them that they need to respond to the PP case, which they refuse to do. We shall have to see how PayPal untangles this pile of crap they've managed to weave by not simply refunding with ebay.

TL;DR - ximalac_2 may not be a scammer, but they are certainly a special kind of moron.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. HMRC4EVR

HMRC4EVR Well-Known Member

Anyone else had good/bad recent transactions with Bababobo/TFToyhome?

Up till now I've had nothing but good luck with him, but after seeing the above issues I'm a little concerned about getting stuff from him till I hear more.

19. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Never had any issues with @bababobo00712 . Always fixes any problems with orders and always very helpful if things are damaged or missing

• Like Like x 1
  20. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, been a while since I ordered from him, but never had any issues myself

• Like Like x 1