China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ChromeMagnus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Going off their website, a few days and yes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteveP1981

SteveP1981 Well-Known Member

I just bought something from him a month or so ago, and he was a week shipping it, and yes, he did provide a tracking number. Figure was perfect. (Yes Model Starscream YM-03P)

3. SteveP1981

SteveP1981 Well-Known Member

Good feedback, but I'd be wary of every transaction being a Private Listing..... keep an eye on their feedback for the next couple weeks; if you see the negatives start to pile up, then contact eBay and tell them you suspect fraud. They may make you wait until the product arrives, but at least there will be a record that you started the process.

4. Mcloutierg

Mcloutierg Well-Known Member

I Just got into collecting and got burned by shopprunrun-168. They had around 600 positive feedback and had been in business since 2015 so they looked legit. They ended up sending me a piece of cardboard embedded in a Styrofoam block. I can not understand why they even bothered to hollow out a Styrofoam block to insert a piece of cardboard when they could have just shipped the Styrofoam. I guess they had to go that extra mile to "earn" the $110. Thankfully e-bay refunded me my money after they did not respond to my wrong item sent claim. I am glad I found this forum I will not be making the same mistake.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. bladebeam1

bladebeam1 Well-Known Member

Might contacting Paypal be an option for you? I think Paypal gives you 180 days to open a dispute. Paypal's phone number is on the first page of this thread. I've needed to call about two scams recently, and they've been helpful on the phone.

6. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

I was collecting through e-bay for the first year or two, but finally got sick of the nonsense from scammers. It seems most of "my" good sellers have since gone rogue. In the end I migrated to using ShowZ, Terry TFClub, bababobo's website, Robotoybase, and a few others like BBTS and Toy Dojo at times. Can't say I miss dealing with the scammers and all of these shops I use now have been pretty solid. I won't even pretend to use e-Bay for pre-orders anymore.
    Still a few accessories that you can only get on e-Bay like CollectorCraft's items and good for searching for used/old figures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mcloutierg

Thanks for the info this is really helpful!

8. Mcloutierg

I had good results with cunf8-92 and mascot_home from the good sellers list. I received packages from both in the last week. It took about 15 days for both arrive in the Midwest US and both had great packaging. Despite that I will be transitioning away form e-bay going forward as the automatic sales tax is not desirable, and getting scammed was not a good experience despite getting a full refund.

9. supes80

supes80 It's NOT Hot Rod's fault...

How do you plan on getting out of sales tax?

10. Mcloutierg

Many smaller online retailers I buy form as well as overseas retailers typically do not charge my states sales tax. My state's tax system allows me to report the exact sales tax owed based on my receipts but also offers a blanket amount to cover untaxed purchases residents made but did not record. Since I usually use the blanket option, as I am lazy, not having these purchases automatically taxed benefits me somewhat while still keeping in compliance with my states laws. So not really getting out of sales tax but depending on the number and amount of small purchases I make yearly it may equate to a discount. Please note I am not a tax attorney and this is not legal advice :) 

11. bladebeam1

bladebeam1 Well-Known Member

Got my money back for two scam sales from shopprunrun-168. Third time this summer. I'm done with China-based sellers for TFs on ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  12. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Don't mind me, just posting in a lucky page of the thread. Thank you to all who help populate and maintain this thread, as risk is high and options few when dealing with scammers in China.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anybody know what happened to Netclow? His ebay has 0 items available.

14. supes80

supes80 It's NOT Hot Rod's fault...

Anyone dealt with a seller called fyl655??

15. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

well I just bought fans toys items from 6hk666666 and mascot_home
    will update on how well it goes. From the looks of their feedback I am not too worried. Baba prices are high on ebay (sure that is due to ebay fees and such going through the roof) but his website is still good priced. I will buy from there in the future I think. This is an awesome page by the way. glad this exists to help people from getting scammed. been there done that enough on the bay.

16. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros Well-Known Member

Can't speak for the other, but yoi shouldnt have any problem with mascot_home. They're legit, the shipping just takes forever.

17. Manoftheyear2k

Manoftheyear2k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any one had luck with chngr-470? I ordered KO mp47 and it was shipped over a month ago, but the Orange Connex tracking hasn't updated since Aug 21, saying it's still departing from CN distribution center

18. extracomputer

Not sure how your tracking it but i have had the most accurate tracking using track 17
    ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE TRACKING | 17TRACK

19. Manoftheyear2k

Manoftheyear2k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's done via 17track. Has there been a shipping bog down lately? Even my DS-01 from TF direct has been in shipping limbo, just not as long as the mp-47

20. extracomputer

I ordered Friday m show z less than 10 days ago and shows in states now.

I also ordered from eBay seller about week ago and show nothing has happened yet.

did hear larger items are much slower and SAL shipping is very slow.